Become a Patron!

Low wattage vapers

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well being a MTL subohming low wattage vaper.... current build is .5ohm at 15watts and 395 TC...

I'm kinda confused..... what am I?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Over at ECF, there were tootle puffers, cloud chasers, mod wompers, and then those like you, or my son... I call 'em tootle wompers. :giggle:

Andria

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well being a MTL subohming low wattage vaper.... current build is .5ohm at 15watts and 395 TC...

I'm kinda confused..... what am I?

Same as me. A bit of both. I use 0.6 build in my berserker at 20 watts :)
Other times I vape at 45 watts though.

But anyway... alot of people think MTL is only high resistance but just not true :)

Hillbilly Pig

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
I'm happy with my middle ground of cloud and flavor. I'm not blowing tornadoes or tasting an entire grove of fruit, but I'm satisfied with what I'm using and I'll continue doing it past when the FDA says you can't vape anymore, I'm gonna be up here in the woods with my mod, vaping on some mango while flipping the bird :D

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm happy with my middle ground of cloud and flavor. I'm not blowing tornadoes or tasting an entire grove of fruit, but I'm satisfied with what I'm using and I'll continue doing it past when the FDA says you can't vape anymore, I'm gonna be up here in the woods with my mod, vaping on some mango while flipping the bird :D
Haha that's why we have a vape stash ;)

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Same as me. A bit of both. I use 0.6 build in my berserker at 20 watts :)
Other times I vape at 45 watts though.

But anyway... alot of people think MTL is only high resistance but just not true :)
Yeah the Serpent Alto I'm running on my Regulated mod in TC averaging about 7 watts 15 watt fire... will go on my Mech this afternoon. Where the same coil will run at around 30 or so watts...... funny thing it feels warmer on the Regulated mod. But cloud bigger on mech. Probably cause I take longer draws regulated. IDK.

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I vape lower watts simply because I do not enjoy hot vapes

I've seen a lot of people say that Lucy. I don't know what you mean by low watts, but i have a reasonably warm vape going at 18 watts in a Taifun GS using a single coil with 30 gauge wire or an Aqua V2 using the same wire. I my experience vape heat is more tied to heat flux than watts, within reason of course. I mean I know I can get way more heat from a 100 watt setup than 18, but once the heat becomes too much it's past maxed out and more isn't better. Also, at 18 watts it takes a bit of time for the heat to build as opposed to pretty much instant heat at high watts if it's set up that way.

The devil is in the details as always of course :)

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ahh the joys of silica wicks o_O

LOL, ya, I'm not going back there any time soon either :)

And refilling Low Resistance 1.8 ohm cartomizers.

All I have to say to that is
tease.gif

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I've seen a lot of people say that Lucy. I don't know what you mean by low watts, but i have a reasonably warm vape going at 18 watts in a Taifun GS using a single coil with 30 gauge wire or an Aqua V2 using the same wire. I my experience vape heat is more tied to heat flux than watts, within reason of course. I mean I know I can get way more heat from a 100 watt setup than 18, but once the heat becomes too much it's past maxed out and more isn't better. Also, at 18 watts it takes a bit of time for the heat to build as opposed to pretty much instant heat at high watts if it's set up that way.

I'm mainly a mechanical single-coil squonker - between .8 -1 ohm; that translates to about 22 watts on the highest end

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm mainly a mechanical single-coil squonker - between .8 -1 ohm; that translates to about 22 watts on the highest end

Yup, and then the power and heat goes down as battery voltage drops. You can make that a fairly warm vape if you want or it can be pretty cool depending on your hardware and how you set it up. I vaped mech mods at around 0.2 - 0.3 ohms at a high heat flux for a few years and got used to the change in power as the batts discharged. Now I'm using regulated mods at about the same heat flux and lower watts, so I'm getting about the same heat in my vape as I did back then, but it is slower.

Whatever works is great :)

I've got to get out my old Reo Grand again sometime for shits and giggles if nothing else. With the Cyclone RDA it was a really great vape and I'm sure I would still enjoy it now
yes3.gif

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah the Serpent Alto I'm running on my Regulated mod in TC averaging about 7 watts 15 watt fire... will go on my Mech this afternoon. Where the same coil will run at around 30 or so watts...... funny thing it feels warmer on the Regulated mod. But cloud bigger on mech. Probably cause I take longer draws regulated. IDK.

I like a longer draw myself. If I use super high wattage I can only take like a 1 second draw. I choke and die too haha. Also the flavour isn't there!

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

You can turn down the airflow and get a warm vape at ten watts!

I use toptanks at between 17.5 and 22.5w and get great amount of vapour and flavor.

use the rbs section and single wire coils out of 24 kanthal at 0.5ohm

the juices I tend to use are DIY and either 50/50 or 60/40 and 6 or 9mg

have had all kinds of high wattage mod and fancy coils etc in the past, but this setup that i use now just works fine

Last edited:

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use toptanks at between 17.5 and 22.5w and get great amount of vapour and flavor.

use the rbs section and single wire coils out of 24 kanthal at 0.5ohm

the juices I tend to use are DIY and either 50/50 or 60/40 and 6 or 9mg

have had all kinds of high wattage mod and fancy coils etc in the past, but this setup that i use now just works fine
Good tank. For RBA I use spiral at 20 watts

MC5

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Tight draw and a plume that's about double the size of what I'd get smoking a cigarette. An 18650 lasts all day at around six watts and two ohms. Satisfying, fairly stealthy and tasty. It's all I need to stay off cigarettes and it may be a lost art among vape hobbyists. No stress on my batteries and no need to carry a big mod unless I want more than a day's worth of battery.

I'm one happy "dinosaur".

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Sub ohming is not for kiddies and why the fuck do you think 90-95% vape low wattage. People can vape however the hell they want. Vaping is subjective. Why should everyone vape the same way??
I don't vape stupidly high wattage but I do like an airy draw. Oh yay I'm a kiddie.
What a stupid fucking statement
Please stop letting the kiddies know that you don't vape the same way as everybody else. Trust me, you don't want the kiddies to start crying about the fact you vape differently so just let them go peacefully back to sleep instead. :cheers:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Some consider low wattage below 10 watts while others think it is under 100 watts that is considered low. I once had a dumbass ask me why I was using a Nautilus Mini on an RX200S and my answer was battery longevity but then I pulled out a Sub Ohm tank and popped it on blowing clouds at 85W. Asked him if he was happy now?

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have a couple .5 to .8ohm builds that are 25 to 30 watts which is sufficient for me and I think get too hot if I go any higher on the power. Most of my day is vaping 30/34 spaced rayon clapton either kanthal or SS as core, wraps or either way that a 2.5ID coil comes out to 1.4ohm. The clapton produces a good vape along with the 1.4ohm being easy on the batts. Been there and done that with cloudz building but always return to the higher ohm builds that IMO are way more satisfying to vape. Once my discovery of the clapton a couple years back I rarely build single wire coils anymore and with DIY for a few years now I forgotten what juice issues one can have with commercial juices.

Last edited:

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

I get a real bang out of those saying that even tootle puffers need to worry about all those nasty chemicals that arise when the vape is too hot -- I'm thinking they don't really understand what "tootle puffing" means -- at my 9.5w/1.5-2Ω, at the very end of a 6 second hit, there might be a TOUCH of WARMTH... but no HEAT, ever. If there's heat, I ain't vaping it, because blisters on the lips HURT. Yeah, I used to sometimes get those with cigarettes and I didn't like 'em then either.

Andria

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a couple .5 to .8ohm builds that are 25 to 30 watts which is sufficient for me and I think get too hot if I go any higher on the power. Most of my day is vaping 30/32 spaced rayon clapton either kanthal or SS as core, wraps or either way that a 2.5ID coil comes out to 1.4ohm. The clapton produces a good vape along with the 1.4ohm being easy on the batts. Been there and done that with cloudz building but always return to the higher ohm builds that IMO are way more satisfying to vape. Once my discovery of the clapton a couple years back I rarely build single wire coils anymore and with DIY for a few years now I forgotten what juice issues one can have with commercial juices.
Claptons produce amazing flavour :)

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Some consider low wattage below 10 watts while others think it is under 100 watts that is considered low. I once had a dumbass ask me why I was using a Nautilus Mini on an RX200S and my answer was battery longevity but then I pulled out a Sub Ohm tank and popped it on blowing clouds at 85W. Asked him if he was happy now?
Variety is the spice of life! :)

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Claptons produce amazing flavour :)

My first thought was another gimmick coil build and didn't bother with claptons and just kept on going with single wire spaced builds. Bought a couple TFV4's from a coop that had a pre installed clapton in the RBA. With my protanks and few other attys I stripped the stock coil and replaced with my own build and rarely used the stock inards. This time I gave the factory clapton a rayon wicking then vape and OMFG it took hours for my eyes to unroll from the back of my head...I was hooked. Making claptons is easy and slick as snot so my single wire build days were over. Once the clapton landed in one of my subtank mini's my vaping quality jumped up several levels of vape nirvana. I haven't dwelled into the other more fancy multiwire building cause my couple drippers are mighty old school and don't fit the build but getting enough goodness out of the STM with clapton with that I have no need to go buy other attys just to accommodate the fatter builds.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
My first thought was another gimmick coil build and didn't bother with claptons and just kept on going with single wire spaced builds. Bought a couple TFV4's from a coop that had a pre installed clapton in the RBA. With my protanks and few other attys I stripped the stock coil and replaced with my own build and rarely used the stock inards. This time I gave the factory clapton a rayon wicking then vape and OMFG it took hours for my eyes to unroll from the back of my head...I was hooked. Making claptons is easy and slick as snot so my single wire build days were over. Once the clapton landed in one of my subtank mini's my vaping quality jumped up several levels of vape nirvana. I haven't dwelled into the other more fancy multiwire building cause my couple drippers are mighty old school and don't fit the build but getting enough goodness out of the STM with clapton with that I have no need to go buy other attys just to accommodate the fatter builds.
I remember my first clapton in STM rba. 3 wrap spaced, I was hooked! Buy mine pre-built or spooled tho. Driving my rta's nowadays.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's why I like claptons. They are so easy but taste great. Yano I don't own a subtank mini anymore and I really miss my subtank. The RBA was so great

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Engine Nano and soon the Zeus. I've benched or pif'd the rest. Nano with tri core fc is my sweet spot. Do have a single wire coil in one, going to switch it out for a twisted wire build.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Engine Nano and soon the Zeus. I've benched or pif'd the rest. Nano with tri core fc is my sweet spot. Do have a single wire coil in one, going to switch it out for a twisted wire build.
I've heard so many good things about the engine nano. I think that might have to be my next RTA. I'll have to find a good place to get one though as I'm in the UK.
so freaking limited to what I can get now cos of damn TPD :(

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
I've heard so many good things about the engine nano. I think that might have to be my next RTA. I'll have to find a good place to get one though as I'm in the UK.
5ml tank. Try vapecrawler.com

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Zeus has tpd compliant plug.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Alot of the RTA'S I have. There is a 2ml tank and extension glass but I just don't get much out of my current RTA'S
I'll have the Zeus in the next day or two. Let you know if it's worth the effort. Love the Nano, 3 currently in rotation. Worth the ride IMO.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'll have the Zeus in the next day or two. Let you know if it's worth the effort. Love the Nano, 3 currently in rotation. Worth the ride IMO.
Well you same to have a similar vape style to me. That's why I asked you :)
The RTA'S I've tried have too much airflow and need loads of wattage. The shop local to me are fucking morons. They just stock loads of cloud chasing stuff.
They have like one RTA for low wattage and the berserker is too MTL for me.
They don't have anything I'd like. I need airflow that's restricted but not too restricted an I think the engine nano might fit that bill :)

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Well you same to have a similar vape style to me. That's why I asked you :)
The RTA'S I've tried have too much airflow and need loads of wattage. The shop local to me are fucking morons. They just stock loads of cloud chasing stuff.
They have like one RTA for low wattage and the berserker is too MTL for me.
They don't have anything I'd like. I need airflow that's restricted but not too restricted an I think the engine nano might fit that bill :)
It does. I have a couple of juices I have to adjust af for. Does a good RLH for me with those juices.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It does. I have a couple of juices I have to adjust af for. Does a good RLH for me with those juices.
I'll see if I can get one. I'm really picky cos the damn market just focuses on cloud chasers an I'm not interested.
I go to 40 watts tops and that's pushing it.
I use my cleito RTA at 30 watts but I find the cleito can go from wide open to really restricted. The cleito exo has a good draw for me!

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
I'll see if I can get one. I'm really picky cos the damn market just focuses on cloud chasers an I'm not interested.
I go to 40 watts tops and that's pushing it.
I use my cleito RTA at 30 watts but I find the cleito can go from wide open to really restricted. The cleito exo has a good draw for me!
I stay around 23 to 30. Prefer a cooler vape with fruit flavors.

VU Sponsors