Become a Patron!

Low to Mid-Range

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thx man, I had missed out on all the previous sales and Trading Post deals on 'em.
Vape NW has the coils for it too...I reckon I can just rebuild 'em though if needed.

Butttt..... I will probably put the SXK Legend on it. :)

I got the silver, so yeah, it'll be sweet.
The coil that come with that mod are the arc coils. Round disc of metal with what looks like a cotton pad jammed in. Lol. But you can put the Pyro v3 rdta on there and squonk it. There are others as well. The flave rdta is still on my list to find. Even the clone. But the flave is one of the best single coil rdas imo ever.

Hell you just got the legend didn't you? And you said it squonks. Win win. Sweet

Sent from a pile of wood chips

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The coil that come with that mod are the arc coils. Round disc of metal with what looks like a cotton pad jammed in. Lol. But you can put the Pyro v3 rdta on there and squonk it. There are others as well. The flave rdta is still on my list to find. Even the clone. But the flave is one of the best single coil rdas imo ever.

Hell you just got the legend didn't you? And you said it squonks. Win win. Sweet

Ya I have two SS Flave Tanks from back when FT sucked less...my faves quonkers ever, but ya can't find 'em now.
That is why I picked up the SXK Legend and the Haku Riviera clones...both small sqounkin' RDTAs that do about the same thing. :)

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ya I have two SS Flave Tanks from back when FT sucked less...my faves quonkers ever, but ya can't find 'em now.
That is why I picked up the SXK Legend and the Haku Riviera clones...both small sqounkin' RDTAs that do about the same thing. :)

That is the Haku Riviera. It is single-coil and pretty dang good IMO.
I put a 0.55 vv ss316 mtl wire build in it.

uVgJzY8.jpg

I love getting the forsaken atties...

Last edited:

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I haven't ran into any truely great deals in a while. It's probably for the best. There has been some good looking deals on Chinese sites. But when you factor in the cost of shipping, they don't look like deals that much anymore.

If anyone could help me that'd be fantastic. I'm short two blue Smok tanks. I don't need Prism Blue or Auto blue.. What I want to get is the Baby V2 and the Baby Prince in regular blue. The only way to do that is to find these two kits-
  • Smok Stick V9
  • Smok Stick Baby Prince
As far as I know that's the only way to get them. I had my chances but didn't know I wanted to collect them until recently. I ordered a V9 Kit from Vapecentric but they emailed me asking for me to pick another color. Good grief.. That was my first order there and they didn't win me over at all.

I know Heaven Gifts has them but prices are nuts. I'll probably wait until a 4th of July sale if they even have one.

I have every other regular Blue Smok tank but would like to add both of those. If you see or find either of those kits please let me know! Thanks a bunch guys & gals.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Any Falcon tank fans here? Breazy has Horizontech Falcon M1+ coils for $6.23 a pack. You have to use Code:Flash for 20% off hardware and accessories. That's pretty low for Falcon coils. They were almost dried up nation wide for a while. The place has been picked over pretty heavily. They still have a bit of stuff to sift through. Shipping isn't too steep but it's always free over $50.

They have one of those Revenant Delta squonks left in gold for an okay price too.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

This one?

https://www.fasttech.com/products/3...he-flave-styled-rta-rebuildable-tank-atomizer

There are several color combinations available. This is similar to the one I have. Works just like an RDTA, so I'm not sure why they call it an RTA.

Someone should share the secret of the Flaves with me. I have the RTA and RDA clones, and don't particularly like either of them

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This one?

https://www.fasttech.com/products/3...he-flave-styled-rta-rebuildable-tank-atomizer

There are several color combinations available. This is similar to the one I have. Works just like an RDTA, so I'm not sure why they call it an RTA.

Someone should share the secret of the Flaves with me. I have the RTA and RDA clones, and don't particularly like either of them
I never had any of those. I almost ordered a RDTA that looked like the one you posted. It had 4 airholes instead of two though. The Mask Grizzly or something it was called. I put it back though.

Edit- the Masking Grizzlies RDTA
f5b35aef886c8641905d3d1bffac9cb8.png

7538ce00b8d30463c1d7989ff8dd22a2.jpg

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This one?

Yea but I'm holding off on China for a while. Got a sour taste from the last couple orders

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I haven't ran into any truely great deals in a while. It's probably for the best. There has been some good looking deals on Chinese sites. But when you factor in the cost of shipping, they don't look like deals that much anymore.

If anyone could help me that'd be fantastic. I'm short two blue Smok tanks. I don't need Prism Blue or Auto blue.. What I want to get is the Baby V2 and the Baby Prince in regular blue. The only way to do that is to find these two kits-
  • Smok Stick V9
  • Smok Stick Baby Prince
As far as I know that's the only way to get them. I had my chances but didn't know I wanted to collect them until recently. I ordered a V9 Kit from Vapecentric but they emailed me asking for me to pick another color. Good grief.. That was my first order there and they didn't win me over at all.

I know Heaven Gifts has them but prices are nuts. I'll probably wait until a 4th of July sale if they even have one.

I have every other regular Blue Smok tank but would like to add both of those. If you see or find either of those kits please let me know! Thanks a bunch guys & gals.

This place has a "Blue" Baby V2 listed as in stock. Take a look and see if it's the color you need.

Unfortunately the Baby Prince in blue is OOS here.

https://provape.com/smok-tfv8-baby-v2-tank.html

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This place has a "Blue" Baby V2 listed as in stock. Take a look and see if it's the color you need.

Thank you, but when sold separately I think they're all "prism" blue. It's like a mirror finish vs a flat finish. They did that with their TF tank too (AKA TF2019). The only blue available for separate purchase is the prism blue TF tank. I had to get a Stick 80W to get the regular blue.

Last edited:

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A request for @Just Frank

I think you did this somewhere already, but I can't find it now.

You could do the vaping community, or a significant portion of it anyway, a great service by creating a list of what idiotic Smok designation translates exactly into what tank.

TVF (4, 8, 12, 16) = EXACTLY which tank/s and how to easily tell which one is being referred to. If that's possible.

No obligation of course, but MAN would it be helpful. After all this time, I still can't really keep all those straight. I also can't be the only one. I'd even make a graphic based on the information and giving you credit, that could be spread around.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you, but when sold separately I think they're all "prism" blue. It's like a mirror finish vs matte finish. They did that with their TF tank too (AKA TF2019). The only blue available for separate purchase is the prism blue TF tank. I had to get a Stick 80W to get the regular blue.
They have different RGB colors than prism and auto?

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Legend is all dried out and clean, so threw a NiCr coil I'd had in my Serpent RTA that croaked in it.
Just a nice .37Ω build, and it's a flatter wire too so it's perfect for those big clamps. Got it in dripper tank mode now just messing with it. Pretty sure it'll be far better as a squonker though.

Poor pics, it's pretty dark and cloudy today.
It's on the mod I used to build it on..nice and heavy and works well. No matchy-matchy here just yet. =)

Running it at around 22W right now, still seeing where it likes to be at. AF is nice and smooth, the flavor hasn't quite came in 100% yet but is still fine to vape. Using a DT from the TF-RTA, IIRC. (the insulated one)

Attachments

• IMG_0653.JPG
    IMG_0653.JPG
    153.4 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0658.JPG
    IMG_0658.JPG
    109 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
A request for @Just Frank

I think you did this somewhere already, but I can't find it now.

You could do the vaping community, or a significant portion of it anyway, a great service by creating a list of what idiotic Smok designation translates exactly into what tank.

TVF (4, 8, 12, 16) = EXACTLY which tank/s and how to easily tell which one is being referred to. If that's possible.

No obligation of course, but MAN would it be helpful. After all this time, I still can't really keep all those straight. I also can't be the only one. I'd even make a graphic based on the information and giving you credit, that could be spread around.
That's a pretty good idea. Yes, I think a post would be helpful to lots of people.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
They have different RGB colors than prism and auto?
I can't figure out what RGB stands for lol :D.

My first Smok tank was a blue Baby Beast. I noticed after a while that it held on to its color while my pink Baby Beast was flaking off. So the regular blue is really durable while a lot of other get tarnished. Black, Gold, Rainbow, and Gun Metal are all a safe bet too to keep their finishes. Oh and SS of course, but I like the blue ones. After a while I noticed I had most of their Blue tanks. Recently I decided to just go after them all.

Smok has A LOT of tanks when you consider the different variations and the ones only available in kits. I'll try to start a list of them by the names and which coil types ect.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Red green blue :cool:
Smok has A LOT of tanks when you consider the different variations and the ones only available in kits. I'll try to start a list of them by the names and which coil types etc.
Somebody would almost have to be a professional cryptologist to figure what tank is what anymore. Thanks, I think that would be helpful.I have an even better idea when/if you get to it.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Red green blue :cool:

Somebody would almost have to be a professional cryptologist to figure what tank is what anymore. Thanks, I think that would be helpful.I have an even better idea when/if you get to it.

Hehe, another reason I enjoy buying up things I'd never gotten in the past, but wished I could.
$40+ tanks/mods for $5-15....yesssir! money2.gif

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee

Hey, thanks. They have the Nord I was looking for, which has been really hard to find.

I’ve never tried any Smok tanks after having a Priv M17 mod as one of my first kits. The tank was fine until I changed the coil and then it was afu.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hehe, another reason I enjoy buying up things I'd never gotten in the past, but wished I could.
$40+ tanks/mods for $5-15....yesssir! View attachment 162940
I am altogether onboard with this mindset. I don't think I've paid full retail for 10% of everything I own. It is GREAT when some piece you've either been looking at for a while, or were on the fence about goes on sale somewhere for a fraction of it's original price. There's also been a few times I've had to rub eyes and look at the screen again because I could not believe what somebody was selling something used for.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I am altogether onboard with this mindset. I don't think I've paid full retail for 10% of everything I own. It is GREAT when some piece you've either been looking at for a while, or were on the fence about goes on sale somewhere for a fraction of it's original price. There's also been a few times I've had to rub eyes and look at the screen again because I could not believe what somebody was selling something used for.

Where are these great sales going on? :giggle:

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
They pop up literally everywhere. The vendor sites both here and in China, and the classifieds on the vape sites. Just gotta keep an eye out.
That's right, and at times you need to pounce or you'll miss out. Stuff sells out and vendors can raise prices ect..

@Rhianne , theres a couple of sites I keep my eye on. I'm not sure if you've heard of them.i have em bookmarked-

https://vape.deals/
https://cheapvaping.deals/

They post some incredible deals but it's pretty sporadic. A lot of the time they are just promoting what their sponsors want (I assume). I've found some really cheap stuff monitoring those sites though.

I've read good comments about Steam Crave's Aromamizer Lite RTAs. Does anyone use one for low to mid-range? The V1.5 looks like it comes with some MTL stuff but I'm not really interested in that. I was wondering how good it can be in the 40-50W range.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I've read good comments about Steam Crave's Aromamizer Lite RTAs. Does anyone use one for low to mid-range? The V1.5 looks like it comes with some MTL stuff but I'm not really interested in that. I was wondering how good it can be in the 40-50W range.

I bought a gunmetal Aromamizer Lite from @VinnySem in the Hardware thread. I put a 0.74 ohm N80 fused Clapton in it, and am running it at 32 to 35 watts, depending on the juice in it at the time.

This thing is what got me started on Aromamizers. Including the Lite, I have 7 of them now. The Lite is exceptional for midrange, restricted-DL vaping, and has great flavor. Don't think anyone (that I've seen, anyway) produces better fit and finish than this.

You know, don't you, that VapeNW still has the V2 for $9.99? Looks like it's in stock in both black and stainless. It's dual coil, and you know I normally like single coil better, but with light-ish coils in the V2, it is a stunning vape. I've just got dual 26ga round SS coils in this one, 0.22 ohms for the pair, running at 47.5 watts on my Shogun mod, and it's just ridiculous how good it is.

Just my two cents, but I'd buy four of the V2s in the place of one Lite. :)

One other thing - there is a small difficulty with the Lite. It's impossible to cut the airflow off completely with the airflow ring. I find that I have some slight leaking if I don't cut the airflow off completely during filling, so when I fill it, I have to finagle it with my hands to try to cover the remaining open air vents with my fingers while I fill the tank, recap it, then turn it upside down and release the airflow. It can be awkward.

No such difficulty with the V2.

Last edited:

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's right, and at times you need to pounce or you'll miss out. Stuff sells out and vendors can raise prices etc..
Yep. Exactly.
if you blink sometimes and they're gone. I missed out on a few great deals because I hesitated or was working and couldn't really take the time to order until later that day. Or didn't get paid in time.

On the other hand there have been times where I grabbed something instantly and literally an hour later they were gone. Clearly there are other smart shoppers out there doing the same thing.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I bought a gunmetal Aromamizer Lite from @VinnySem in the Hardware thread. I put a 0.74 ohm N80 fused Clapton in it, and am running it at 32 to 35 watts, depending on the juice in it at the time.

This thing is what got me started on Aromamizers. Including the Lite, I have 7 of them now. The Lite is exceptional for midrange, restricted-DL vaping, and has great flavor. Don't think anyone (that I've seen, anyway) produces better fit and finish than this.

You know, don't you, that VapeNW still has the V2 for $9.99? Looks like it's in stock in both black and stainless. It's dual coil, and you know I normally like single coil better, but with light-ish coils in the V2, it is a stunning vape. I've just got dual 26ga round SS coils in this one, 0.22 ohms for the pair, running at 47.5 watts on my Shogun mod, and it's just ridiculous how good it is.

Just my two cents, but I'd buy four of the V2s in the place of one Lite. :)

One other thing - there is a small difficulty with the Lite. It's impossible to cut the airflow off completely with the airflow ring. I find that I have some slight leaking if I don't cut the airflow off completely during filling, so when I fill it, I have to finagle it with my hands to try to cover the remaining open air vents with my fingers while I fill the tank, recap it, then turn it upside down and release the airflow. It can be awkward.

No such difficulty with the V2.
Alright already!

I just ordered a black and a silver.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
gsmit1 said:
I just ordered a black and a silver.
Ditto.

I'm not into gigantic vaping gear. I know that's usually Steam Craves regular avenue. I've never ordered any of their stuff. Since they have a few normal sized tanks, and our @nadalama stamped her approval, I'll give those V2's a shot for ten bucks. I remember back when I first came here those were mentioned a lot in the "What's the best RTA threads".

I had to get another Feedlink even though I have all the versions. I love those and that's a steal of a price. Should've got a couple more..

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm not into gigantic vaping gear. I know that's usually Steam Craves regular avenue.
This one's 23mm. I've drifted away from larger juice guzzling setups to some extent because of the probably coming difficulty with getting juice. It may not look like it sometimes, but money is tight around here.
I always thought to myself if Geekvape ever comes out with a new single 21700 Aegis mod, I'm getting one. It looks like they've made it and it's called the Aegis Max.
Todd just previewed it and has a review coming. He's a big fan of the Aegis line. It does look pretty good.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I always thought to myself if Geekvape ever comes out with a new single 21700 Aegis mod, I'm getting one. It looks like they've made it and it's called the Aegis Max.

Sourcemore has them on Presale for $28.
https://www.sourcemore.com/geekvape-aegis-max-mod.html
I bet they'll be at least $50 everywhere here for a good while. I'm having a hard time looking away right now lol.

They’re $48 now!!! What the hey, Sourcemore??

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I think you just need to be signed in. I got angry when I saw they raised the price too. I've been eye balling these for about a week.

I really like the Aegis Solo, so one with a 21700 would be great. I have a Jackaroo, and it’s just way too heavy for me. And the Legend is like lifting weights, too.

I didn’t create an account at SM, but if I do, I guess I can find out where my other orders are. Two got here really quickly, but who knows where the other ones are.
One order got sent out with Netherlands post. I chose something cheaper, but it got changed to that. And it was too late to change it.

Yes. I should be complaining in the China thread!

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
This one's 23mm. I've drifted away from larger juice guzzling setups to some extent because of the probably coming difficulty with getting juice. It may not look like it sometimes, but money is tight around here.

Todd just previewed it and has a review coming. He's a big fan of the Aegis line. It does look pretty good.

The Todd who reviews from his shed in Scotland? He’s into all kinds of crazy high end gear. I’m surprised he likes the Aegis, although it is a very reliable mod.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I really like the Aegis Solo, so one with a 21700 would be great. I have a Jackaroo, and it’s just way too heavy for me. And the Legend is like lifting weights, too.

I didn’t create an account at SM, but if I do, I guess I can find out where my other orders are. Two got here really quickly, but who knows where the other ones are.
One order got sent out with Netherlands post. I chose something cheaper, but it got changed to that. And it was too late to change it.

Yes. I should be complaining in the China thread!
Besides Fasttech, Sourcemore is probably my favorite store out of China. They've been pretty good at shipping times and always come packaged well.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Isn't there nord kits in the hardware thread for like 12 a piece? May be a different smok pod but not so new to vaping is the member

IDK man, I don't know much about the pod stuffz...just saw 'em there and thought perhaps someone might like it as it's a USA shop. I know someone was trying to get some awhile back. My sense of time ain't so good..lol...:)

VU Sponsors