Become a Patron!

Low resistance problem

PolarFluid

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So I have a IPv4 and a mutation x v4

With 1 coil, 10 wraps on a 9/64 bit with ni200 wire, it works, but if I put another in or do anything else I get a LOW RESISTANCE error showing up on the box screen. What do I do?

Thanks! :)

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The IPv4 is temp control?
if not you are dead shorting the atty... get kanthal.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Its a short somewhere, try moving the coil around or replacing it with another build, make sure no pieces/flakes are anywhere. Strum the coil and pulse at very low wattages. If it continues try a different Atomizer and see if it still says it. Narrow it out and then fix the issue.

PolarFluid

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Its a short somewhere, try moving the coil around or replacing it with another build, make sure no pieces/flakes are anywhere. Strum the coil and pulse at very low wattages. If it continues try a different Atomizer and see if it still says it. Narrow it out and then fix the issue.

I have 4 pins, 2 on the side and 2middles, I connect the left let's say to the right middle and vice versa right?
Also, what should my size and wraps be?

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I have 4 pins, 2 on the side and 2middles, I connect the left let's say to the right middle and vice versa right?
Also, what should my size and wraps be?
You should have a Positive Block in the Middle and 2 Posts on the Sides, These are your Negatives. As long as you have one lead start at a positive and end at a negative then your coil will be fine, the problem occurs if a lead from your opposing coil comes out of the block or post and touches the other coil. This causes a short and can melt your coils or worse. You never mentioned what gauge wire you were using but if your using 26g, you should make atleast 8 wraps and a 2.5mm bit or bigger.
You want something very identical to this:
muQWj67.jpg

If your nervous about something or unsure about your build, dont be afraid to ask here....Its better to get some information before anything can happen or go wrong!

PolarFluid

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You should have a Positive Block in the Middle and 2 Posts on the Sides, These are your Negatives. As long as you have one lead start at a positive and end at a negative then your coil will be fine, the problem occurs if a lead from your opposing coil comes out of the block or post and touches the other coil. This causes a short and can melt your coils or worse. You never mentioned what gauge wire you were using but if your using 26g, you should make atleast 8 wraps and a 2.5mm bit or bigger.
You want something very identical to this:
muQWj67.jpg

If your nervous about something or unsure about your build, dont be afraid to ask here....Its better to get some information before anything can happen or go wrong!
I'm sure that's the problem, how do I keep one side from touching the other coils?

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I'm sure that's the problem, how do I keep one side from touching the other coils?
Put one coil in and use nail clippers or flush cutters and clip the leads that poke out to the other side and bend anything that remains into the hole it came from. When putting in the second coil, just above the positive block hold the coil like it would be when its all done and take a visual measurement of how short the positive lead needs to be cut, then cut it now. Then insert the coil and adjust it, make sure the lead is not poking out the block, if it is remove the coil and clip it shorter.
Look at the Positive post, this is how it should look when the coils are in, notice nothing is poking out of the positive block.
2vcw1ur.png

VU Sponsors