Become a Patron!

decker

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm currently picking 1-2 RBAs (hopefully one RTA, one RDA). What are some (hopefully) recent low profile ones? They can be wide, my mod can handle it, but I've noticed I don't like the look of tall attys on my mod.

I've heard bad things about the Goon LP, which would have been perfect. What else is out there?

And what about the Derringer? How does it hold up compared to the modern models? 'Cause I'm more than a bit in love with that thing. Thanks!

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got a Derringer V3 clone from FT and like it.
Not sure it is really a clone since Derringer made no attys with Velocity style posts....

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just ordered a couple of Druga's RDA V2 with single and dual airflow and with the squonker pin included ..... lots of reviews giving it top reviews even above The Goon.... And the goon is a real flavorful RDA.......

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just ordered a couple of Druga's RDA V2 with single and dual airflow and with the squonker pin included ..... lots of reviews giving it top reviews even above The Goon.... And the goon is a real flavorful RDA.......

Yeah but the reviewers said the Tsunami was the best thing since sliced bread.
I will wait a while.

they pretty much did the same on the Velocity. Both are kinda ho hum to me.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah but the reviewers said the Tsunami was the best thing since sliced bread.
I will wait a while.

they pretty much did the same on the Velocity. Both are kinda ho hum to me.
For lovers of open airflow tsunami may not be ideal, but with vapor production so exceptional it’s hard to see how it would cause an issue.

The draw is still pleasantly airy, but it’s got enough resistance to to keep vapers (who aren’t big on whooshing, massive airflow) happy........ and it's not small the goon is a Midget compared to a tsunami.... And I saw you asked for a small RDA..... Ask DeucesJack he just reviewed the Druga and he knows velocity style decks real good.....

The Druga is the future..... Of rda's 20 to 25 drops of ejuice no leaks, airy, quiet and love the Building coils without tools, just hand tighten the coils and vape.....

The Druga looks right for an original for $30 to $39 and a clone for $15.00..... if DeucesJack loves it..... It's a winner !!!!

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As for a good rta, I would suggest the Augvape Alleria (although not incredibly low profile, amazing flavor rta.

As for an rda? I suggest the Derringer. It was my first rda and still use it to this day. A GREAT flavor powerhouse.

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As for a good rta, I would suggest the Augvape Alleria (although not incredibly low profile, amazing flavor rta.

As for an rda? I suggest the Derringer. It was my first rda and still use it to this day. A GREAT flavor powerhouse.

yep like the Derringer V3 clone from FT.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For lovers of open airflow tsunami may not be ideal, but with vapor production so exceptional it’s hard to see how it would cause an issue.

The draw is still pleasantly airy, but it’s got enough resistance to to keep vapers (who aren’t big on whooshing, massive airflow) happy........ and it's not small the goon is a Midget compared to a tsunami.... And I saw you asked for a small RDA..... Ask DeucesJack he just reviewed the Druga and he knows velocity style decks real good.....

The Druga is the future..... Of rda's 20 to 25 drops of ejuice no leaks, airy, quiet and love the Building coils without tools, just hand tighten the coils and vape.....

The Druga looks right for an original for $30 to $39 and a clone for $15.00..... if DeucesJack loves it..... It's a winner !!!!

Not wanting to start anything becuase I really have nothing against the Druga.
But aside from the posts what is so different as to make it vape better?
Seriously just curious.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not wanting to start anything becuase I really have nothing against the Druga.
But aside from the posts what is so different as to make it vape better?
Seriously just curious.
What makes the vape is not the posts, size dimensions etc. What makes the flavor is the design of the chamber (how the air travels and the direction of the air does it spin like a tornado on the way up or is it a flat and up the chimney vapor, the airflow amount and how smooth it hits the coils top bottom etc it's another factor,

So better said, newer attys are developing with these newer characteristics...... So moving ahead or going back in time.... It can be confusing.... And challenging I know how you feel....

Lactone

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
FOr a low profile RDA, I would go for a hadaly or a NaRDA. Best low pro single coil bangers out there.

For an RTA, the Innokin AXIOM is QUITE surprising how good the flavor and vapor production is! It's cheap as hell too, around 20-25 usd...it's a sub ohm tank, but comes with a great little rba 3 post deck.

Pure RTAs, the Kylin is my current favorite m with the 2 mL glass, it's low pro, but there is a 6 mL extension glass which is nice as an option when you're out and about!

decker

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The NaRDA seems impossible to find, maybe a clone?

I've heard really good things about the Hadaly, that's definitely in the running (though *technically* not in my budget).

I'm glad the Derringer is still a good choice, I love the look so much. Does anyone have advice on how to get an authentic one? I've seen some on eBay, but the clones look so similar, I don't know how I'd be able to tell them apart. And I'm not opposed to a clone, I just don't want to pay an authentic price for one.

Lactone

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The NaRDA seems impossible to find, maybe a clone?

I've heard really good things about the Hadaly, that's definitely in the running (though *technically* not in my budget).

I'm glad the Derringer is still a good choice, I love the look so much. Does anyone have advice on how to get an authentic one? I've seen some on eBay, but the clones look so similar, I don't know how I'd be able to tell them apart. And I'm not opposed to a clone, I just don't want to pay an authentic price for one.
Fasttech has some great NARDA clones, I git one for less than 10 bucks shipped....it's 1 to 1 also, as I compared it to a friend's authentic , same great flavor, smooth swooshy airflow, and classic look. Check one out.

As far as as Derringer, it gets far too hot for my liking, and I am not a fan of the deck as much as the narda or hadaly. Cheers mate!

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Fasttech has some great NARDA clones, I git one for less than 10 bucks shipped....it's 1 to 1 also, as I compared it to a friend's authentic , same great flavor, smooth swooshy airflow, and classic look. Check one out.

As far as as Derringer, it gets far too hot for my liking, and I am not a fan of the deck as much as the narda or hadaly. Cheers mate!
I like the Derringer V3 clone which is not a clone since Derringer never made a V3.

the SXK odis atty clone is nice.

decker

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Lactone, do you know which one you ordered?

What size is the drip tip for the Derringer/clone?

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I ordered a couple of these in SS304..... 24mm Druga
dc7f837cfba76c409f200368d8377636.jpg
ee05df70c161cdc1d0a060ee4be2e01a.jpg
8adc127a558327af0058983fffbb9bf1.jpg
5562ba7e40669cd1a1d4d55fb9da1ae3.jpg
410ea472562ed94ee489eed61f99c634.jpg

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Hadaly is by far my favorite RDA. It's very low profile and has great flavor. If you can swing it, I'd say get one. I've also heard there are some very well made clones of the Hadaly.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Another I hear good things about is the wasp RDA. Very low profile and is around or under $20 I believe.

decker

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Okay, I definitely need to check out the Hadaly.

I've been talking with someone about buying an authentic Derringer, too. So many good options.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Yeah that ShenRay Hadaly is the nuts haven't taken it off my squonker yet apart from a clean and rewick ....been a permanent feature since I've had the drone bf

Juice well sucks though so best used with a squonk mod don't think I'd bother using it if dripping even if flavour is next level

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
For low profile rdas I have the following and these are my opinions:

NaRda - very good flavor single coil a little closer to a mtl or restrictive lung hit
Hadalay- better flavor than the NaRda single coil and more of a restrictive lung hit to direct lung
0-atty- kind of a cross between the two above.
Wasp nano- open airflow single coil very much a direct lung only.
Derringer- dual coil or single coil can run anywhere from mtl to dl
Bambino- dual coil and pretty much dl
Freakshow mini-vacation bottom airflow, DTL and can run single or dual coil
Lowpro mini- direct lung single coil and pain to build on

For low profile tanks I have the opinion of these:

Serpent mini- single coil, built well mostly restrictive lung hit
Cthulhu mtl, single coil can run anywhere from mtl to DTL
Engine- direct lung dual coil only

If it were me and I were looking for a low profile tanks for direct lung, I would look at the kylin from vandyvape, keeping in mind for that 2ml of juice at high power won't last long.

Last edited:

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For low profile rdas I have the following and these are my opinions:

NaRda - very good flavor single coil a little closer to a mtl or restrictive lung hit
Hadalay- better flavor than the NaRda single coil and more of a restrictive lung hit to direct lung
0-atty- kind of a cross between the two above.
Wasp nano- open airflow single coil very much a direct lung only.
Derringer- dual coil or single coil can run anywhere from mtl to dl
Bambino- dual coil and pretty much dl
Freakshow mini-vacation bottom airflow, DTL and can run single or dual coil
Lowpro mini- direct lung single coil and pain to build on

For low profile tanks I have the opinion of these:

Serpent mini- single coil, built well mostly restrictive lung hit
Cthulhu mtl, single coil can run anywhere from mtl to DTL
Engine- direct lung dual coil only

If it were me and I were looking for a low profile tanks for direct lung, I would look at the kylin from vandyvape, keeping in mind for that 2ml of juice at high power won't last long.
Also the Kylin is a postless deck. Honestly, that's the only reason I didn't suggest it. Just a little skittish when it comes to postless decks myself. Never built on one before.

ttatlanta

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
For the low profile RTA I really like OBS Engine, both dual and single (Nano) coil versions. Recent discovery: dual coil Engine really benefits flavor wise from an aftermarket drip tip… that costs as much as the Engine itself, unfortunately. I'm using mine with a CSMNT ultem 510 drip tips, not the wide bore ones. These guys to be exact.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Also the Kylin is a postless deck. Honestly, that's the only reason I didn't suggest it. Just a little skittish when it comes to postless decks myself. Never built on one before.

I felt the same about postless decks as well. Then my girl bought the petri rta; and, I had to get over it quick. Honestly, it's not that much of an adjustment. It's nothing that I would ever suggest to a newer builder; but, it's nothing overly complicated either.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I felt the same about postless decks as well. Then my girl bought the petri rta; and, I had to get over it quick. Honestly, it's not that much of an adjustment. It's nothing that I would ever suggest to a newer builder; but, it's nothing overly complicated either.
The #LimitedEdition postless deck is only optional. :giggle:

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
#LimitedEdition Mason Shorties

short_fat.png

Thats a damn fine looking RDA ...is it mason that do the same one in multiple different sizes or is this a different rda in thier line up?

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Thats a damn fine looking RDA ...is it mason that do the same one in multiple different sizes or is this a different rda in thier line up?
Mason is not the name of the brand, it's Vapergate (from a company named Yoshicon LLC in Lakewood, Colorado). But yeah, AFAIK all Mason RDAs come in multiple different sizes excepting my 27mm Mason Advocate and of course the one of a kind 160mm Mason that was given to David Yoshikawa for his birthday present.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Mason is not the name of the brand, it's Vapergate (from a company named Yoshicon LLC in Lakewood, Colorado). But yeah, AFAIK all Mason RDAs come in multiple different sizes excepting my 27mm Mason Advocate and of course the one of a kind 160mm Mason that was given to David Yoshikawa for his birthday present.

Thanks shall check them out :)

jodi3moons

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I ordered a couple of these in SS304..... 24mm Druga
dc7f837cfba76c409f200368d8377636.jpg
ee05df70c161cdc1d0a060ee4be2e01a.jpg
8adc127a558327af0058983fffbb9bf1.jpg
5562ba7e40669cd1a1d4d55fb9da1ae3.jpg
410ea472562ed94ee489eed61f99c634.jpg

Dude, the builds in the first and third pictures...are those possible for mere mortals? Do they vape as nicely as they look? I've never seen anything like that before.

Edit: for those of you who have the Hadaly, what builds do you run? I've been experimenting between .3 and .7, trying to find the sweet spot.

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Dude, the builds in the first and third pictures...are those possible for mere mortals? Do they vape as nicely as they look? I've never seen anything like that before.

Edit: for those of you who have the Hadaly, what builds do you run? I've been experimenting between .3 and .7, trying to find the sweet spot.

Heehee. Go to the coil builder section and do a search for Raymo2u. ;)

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

I run mine between a 0.3-0.4 with ss fused Clapton-3mm inner diameter

BAM crew

Lactone

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I use a 0.3-0.4 ohm n80 fused clapton around a 2.5mm in my hadaly, perfect vape every time.

Lactone

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks dude. I've got a 3mm kanthal alien in mine now that comes out to .34; way better than my other attempts.
You're welcome . Aliens are great too, just I'm too lazy usually to build em, fused Claptons are almost as good and 10x easier fir me. Cheers!

jodi3moons

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Haha I don't build 'em myself - I don't have a drill, so I can't really make any fancy shit (or can I? Is there any way to do it without a driill?)

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Haha I don't build 'em myself - I don't have a drill, so I can't really make any fancy shit (or can I? Is there any way to do it without a driill?)
The Avid Artisan Daedalus. I don't have it because I had decided to get a drill instead, but the shopkeeper at the local B&M store uses the Daedalus to build fused claptons and 28/38 Ni80 aliens all the time... he swears by those dual coil alien builds he makes mostly for his own personal use, and he hardly ever fails anymore at making them look pristine. (I myself only had one successful attempt so far at building my own alien coil because when I stop the drill and start it up again I screw up too often so I tend to now really dislike trying to make them.)

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Petri V2 is a good flavorful atty, can get standard or cloud caps.

BornToDie423

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
If you are looking for a low profile rebuildable tank, I'd look into the Moonshot. It's a little thing, but it performs rather well.

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Moonshot is a good tank, but a bit tricky to build on. That's why I suggested the Tornado Nano. They are very similar, but the Tornado Nano's deck is stationary and doesn't spin like the Moonshot's does.

You could almost call the Tornado Nano a Moonshot V2 LOL.

Lactone

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The Moonshot is a good tank, but a bit tricky to build on. That's why I suggested the Tornado Nano. They are very similar, but the Tornado Nano's deck is stationary and doesn't spin like the Moonshot's does.

You could almost call the Tornado Nano a Moonshot V2 LOL.

I have tried both, and surprisingly the Innokin axiom is better than both flavor wise and ease of use imo. Maybe not as easy as the nado, but far superior vape quality .

As far as the drill vs daedalus, a drill is cheaper and more versatile imo

VU Sponsors