Become a Patron!

Loving this project sub ohm Sigelie box mod

KeepItSimpleStupid

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So I got this box mod 5 days ago in the mail and I've done 4 builds since I've had it, and planned on doing another this weekend but I might not want to now, I typically build around .18-.25 ohms with my mechanical mods on a TOBH and MutXV2, and that's how I built my first 3 set ups with this box, well last night I decided to go back up to where I havent been in months.....over .3ohms is where I'm talking about....and I even went further to .5ohms with 24g single strand 1.8diameter 10 wraps and jacked my watts up to 80 then to 90 and ever tried 100 last night and this thing is ripping, Once I thought about it I figured out that should of been common sense, a .2 ohm build at 50-75 watts thats drying out to quick but not pulling vape all the way threw the cotton is not gonna give you the vapor that a .5ohm that is heating up slower but has more watts running to it is gonna give you, so here's a couple pictures, the first build pic was one that was gonna be a quad coil 24g 5 wraps around 3/32 but it was to low in ohms so I used two of em and set up a dual at .18-.2ohms I'll be trying that one again with a bigger diameter and more wraps 20141209_225745-1.jpg20141208_174949-1.jpg 20141208_174955-1.jpg

Here's a video of the 2nd build I did with twisted 24g

Here's a video of the a couple rips off the .5 ohm 24g 10wrapped 1/8th diameter dual coil

Attachments

• 20141211_213045.jpg
    20141211_213045.jpg
    414.3 KB · Views: 14

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Kinda cool not having fixed voltage huh? Being able to adjust both power variables with a large power range changes everything.

KeepItSimpleStupid

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Kinda cool not having fixed voltage huh? Being able to adjust both power variables with a large power range changes everything.

Definitely better, I'm so happy I didn't settle wit a 30w or 50w, and your right it does change everything lik ish just got real, type change lol, it's almost like going from a college back up QB to starting in the NFL over night haha, I'd almost say I wish I bought one sooner but I'm glad I stayed w/ Mech's as long as I did because the experience I got w/ rebuilding and the level of understanding that just comes over time with trial and error and experience and not having the regulated fail safe made me stay conscious of safety and I had to learn what I needed to do in order to be safe, proper batteries, building responsibly, etc. And the funniest part is I remember saying when I got my EvoD that "I'll never go to rebuilding and mech's...thats to much work, blah blah" then I went to rebuilding and said "I'll never get a box, their to big and just ridiculous" and now I gotta box so I'm not saying anything now, lol

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, now it's more about coil geometry and the amount of metal used instead of worrying so much about resistance. I'm stuck with a 30watt box for the moment. A 100 watt'er will definately be added to the vape kit when I can gather the funds. Sounds like you're really enjoying your new piece of gear. Making me jealous dude. ;)

KeepItSimpleStupid

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Definitely enjoying it, and to think when I started vaping I had somewhat of a plan to stop around this time and quit, but im only diving deeper and it's basically become a hobby

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Same here. Had no idea in the beginning it would become such an addictive hobby. Thermodynamics, hydrodynamics, aerodynamics, electronics, mechanics, and physical and mental satisfaction and pleasure on top of all that. Plus all the neat gear with all the different materials combining form and function. One hell of a combination of factors begging to be taken past being just a means to an end. I'm hopelessly hooked. ;)

KeepItSimpleStupid

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well you just took that to a wholenother level then I think I ever will, thermodynamics...aerodynamics...hydrodynamics haven't ever been thought about, Atleast consciously, lol

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sure you have. Watts, airflow, wicking... I don't claim to be an expert on those subjects and this hobby doesn't require getting down in the weeds with all that stuff, but we're dabbling in all of it. Of course someone's out there breaking out the physics books trying to perfect their vape. It ain't me. I'm just having fun learning enough to be dangerous.:D

VU Sponsors