Become a Patron!

P-Star

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just recievee the limitless plus v2. Also own Avocado 24 I have baught a month before. I have no problems with avocado.....but once I got this rtda I noticed something different! Avocado I always did only single coil build. Roughly 5-6 wrap 24g A1 now graduated to Clapton 4-5 wrap 24 + 30G A1. No problem what so ever. I recieved Limitless Plus Version 2 RTDA I stuck 2 claptons in it 24 + 30 A1's. Open airflow. Wicks only covering holes with a slight dip in the side opposite of the post so it can feed juice. That is what I am working with and with the new RTDA every now and then I hear a VERY loud random pop noise and sometimes see vape fly right out opposite side like a rocket. From the tilted air vent from opposite coil ( dah genny style lol). That is how I am doing it the proper way so it feeds correctly. I just dont understand why I get that scary popping noise once in a while? Any input? Did I possibly do something wrong? This isn't often but when it happens it worries me. Running at .25 ohms resistance. Do you need a fairly full tank at all times? Don't think that should be a reason but it popped in my head lol.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Wicking. Add a bit more wick. Popping is caused by an air pocket in the wick causing the juice to superheat and release in a jet causing a pop. too much juice in/on the wick can also cause that. It's a balancing act....

P-Star

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Wicking. Add a bit more wick. Popping is caused by an air pocket in the wick causing the juice to superheat and release in a jet causing a pop. too much juice in/on the wick can also cause that. It's a balancing act....
Damn the genny style doesn't help over juicing it...could be the wicking like you said. Maybe I just got unlucky with one coil this time wicking it lol

Last edited:

P-Star

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah it really does, there's a significant learning curve to get the `hang` of building into Genny-type models. Totally worth it, imho :D
Yeah I agree. I think it has happened to be in my Avocado 24 before. My Avocado works fine :) . Thinking of just rewicking the coil thats opposite of the side I vape that has been popping loud and shooting out like a vape.

Waffle Baron

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
love RDTA's in general, the easy access to the coils and wick is just lazytown great. Just ordered my 4th Avocado after deciding to drawer my limitless plus.

CoolBeans32

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
when it happens to me, i know its cuz my cotton is over juiced, when i take the cap off i can see that it looks almost flooded in the coils but not dripping leakage flooded. If i dont have the time to rewick it, i aint gonna sweat it, i know its atleast wicking and not dry firing

Avidos

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Just ordered my 4th Avocado
Oh wow, this guy is a legend. +rep to the AvocaDude ;)

when it happens to me, i know its cuz my cotton is over juiced, when i take the cap off i can see that it looks almost flooded in the coils but not dripping leakage flooded. If i dont have the time to rewick it, i aint gonna sweat it, i know its atleast wicking and not dry firing
Indeed mate, accurate explanation.

VU Sponsors