Become a Patron!

Lost Vape Triade DNA250

jarhead045

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just wanting to know with some guarantee whether or not the Triade 250 has a minimum resistance(i heard something about there being no minimum, instead just limiting the max wattage you can use the lower you go below .1) or what the minimum resistance is.

And also if it's even worth the money without using the tc features and why or why not.

Any information much appreciated.

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just wanting to know with some guarantee whether or not the Triade 250 has a minimum resistance(i heard something about there being no minimum, instead just limiting the max wattage you can use the lower you go below .1) or what the minimum resistance is.
And also if it's even worth the money without using the tc features and why or why not.
I can't answer any of it except if you aren't using TC, you have NO reason to spend this kind of money on a mod.
There are way too many good power mods out there to buy a DNA mod for power.

jbone6977

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

If you want to build low on a regulated mod buy a Hohm wrecker G2.

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That is one bad ass mod that'll do TC on any wire.
The positive side for you, even without using TC it is still a bad ass tough as nails mod.
Very durable, light weight, LOW resistance acceptance.
Goes on sale regularly.

jarhead045

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That's great, much appreciated. Can't believe I hadn't come across it yet, got me wondering what other mods i mighta missed that accept resistance that low.

Wish it had the amps on display but not a bad trade off at all.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's great, much appreciated. Can't believe I hadn't come across it yet, got me wondering what other mods i mighta missed that accept resistance that low.

What resistance are you wanting to fire at?
There are quite a few mods out now that fire low.
The Smok Alien, Smok H-Priv, Smok G-Priv (I think down to 0.06Ω)
Pioneer4you IPV6 (I think down to 0.05Ω)
Again, there are a LOT or new mods out.

You'll get some good info on the G2 here:
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/hohm-wrecker-g2-and-slice-first-time-users-guide.292147
There are many youtube vids on it.

jbone6977

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Vapor cube coupon is "g2flashx1" for the solid color standard edition, makes just under $45. Just ordered myself my 4th G2

jbone6977

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/hohm-wrecker-g2-and-slice-first-time-users-guide.292147
I've only got my 6x down to .08 in power mode, mine won't go any lower, not that I have a problem with that as that is plenty

jarhead045

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Vapor cube coupon is "g2flashx1" for the solid color standard edition, makes just under $45. Just ordered myself my 4th G2
Omg, thank you so mich, is vapor cube a trust worthy site?

jarhead045

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
IV gotten 4 orders from them, 5th on the way. Cali to Florida in 5-6 days every time
Awesome, just placed my order. I was seriously about to pay the original 140$, thank you SOO much for that discount code, saved me 80$! Your a god.

jarhead045

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Are you sure the Smok Alien goes down to .06 even in watts mode(non tc)?

jbone6977

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If you want a smaller mod than the G2 you can get a Hohm slice, 26650 battery, 101 watts, TC everything, and fires as low as you dare to build. It's basically the same size as my ipv6x so it's small. My G2s are my daily drivers and the rest of my rigs are just kind of there and set up if I need a different flavor, I never leave the house without either a G2 or a slice. And they're on sale at vaporcube for just under $30 I believe

jarhead045

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If you want a smaller mod than the G2 you can get a Hohm slice, 26650 battery, 101 watts, TC everything, and fires as low as you dare to build. It's basically the same size as my ipv6x so it's small. My G2s are my daily drivers and the rest of my rigs are just kind of there and set up if I need a different flavor, I never leave the house without either a G2 or a slice. And they're on sale at vaporcube for just under $30 I believe
Copy that. My only real downside with the Hohm wreck is the display, I've really been wanting to get one with the amps on display and individual battery levels, but definitely not a bad downside for what it is.

jbone6977

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Copy that. My only real downside with the Hohm wreck is the display, I've really been wanting to get one with the amps on display and individual battery levels, but definitely not a bad downside for what it is.

It's a great rig, ul dig it. If you decide to use the TC on it watch some YouTube videos on how to set it up

Chainvapor

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
If you were like me, 8 years ago I was spending $50 a week on cartons of cigarettes. That is about $200 a month. I do not consider the Triade to be that expensive when compared to my cigarette money. I would assume my Triade will last much longer than a month and give me lots of vape time. I have 2 DNA200 devices and 1 DNA75 device and I also own many other mods. There really is no comparison to make. Nothing beats a DNA board for power consumption and vape experience. No other board can do TC as well as an Evolv DNA board and even though I hardly ever use TC anymore, I love all my DNA devices and would recommend them to anyone wanting a new mod.

As I stated earlier, I do own a lot of other mods, some which I use often. Especially the Sigelei 213 and 213 Fuchai mods. They are the smallest 2 battery mods I own and really are very nice for out and about simply because of their size. If the DNA devices are a little too pricey, I would highly recommend the Sigelei 213 Fuchai. You can usually find this mod for around $50. I know it does not actually go to 213 watts, but I really do not care. Great mod in my humble opinion.

Happy vaping everyone!
CV

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Triade DNA250 is a very good mod. I liked mine so much, I bought a second one. If you look for sales you can find one in the $100- $111 range (both of mine were $111 each when Ecig.com was running a 25% off sale).
Here's a link to a thread on the Triade250:
Lost Vape Triade DNA250

Here's mine with the 2 extra battery covers I bought
IMG_20161112_153308_zpsq9kxdudm.jpg

Cheers,
Steve

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you were like me, 8 years ago I was spending $50 a week on cartons of cigarettes. That is about $200 a month. I do not consider the Triade to be that expensive when compared to my cigarette money. I would assume my Triade will last much longer than a month and give me lots of vape time. I have 2 DNA200 devices and 1 DNA75 device and I also own many other mods. There really is no comparison to make. Nothing beats a DNA board for power consumption and vape experience. No other board can do TC as well as an Evolv DNA board and even though I hardly ever use TC anymore, I love all my DNA devices and would recommend them to anyone wanting a new mod.

As I stated earlier, I do own a lot of other mods, some which I use often. Especially the Sigelei 213 and 213 Fuchai mods. They are the smallest 2 battery mods I own and really are very nice for out and about simply because of their size. If the DNA devices are a little too pricey, I would highly recommend the Sigelei 213 Fuchai. You can usually find this mod for around $50. I know it does not actually go to 213 watts, but I really do not care. Great mod in my humble opinion.

Happy vaping everyone!
CV

While I agree the dna board is a great board, the OP asked if it was worth it without using TC.
Certainly the efficiency is awesome and all but if you can't wait for a sale, a $150 mod to use in power mode just doesn't make financial sense.
I definitely wouldn't have purchased 5 of the G2s at full price either.
I like my VT133 but if I were to only use it in power mode and hadn't got it on sale, I'd find things to nitpick on it and not like it as much.
It IS a nice mod though .

BoostAddict

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Imo the Dna mods aren't for newbies anyway. If you can't master Escripe your not getting your money's worth. Get a mod you can play with buttons:giggle:

jbone6977

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
There's not a regulated mod on the market that can compete with the G2 when someone wants to build low in power mode, certainly not a DNA mod. If he wanted an TC mod then I would understand having a debate but he doesnt

jarhead045

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
There's not a regulated mod on the market that can compete with the G2 when someone wants to build low in power mode, certainly not a DNA mod. If he wanted an TC mod then I would understand having a debate but he doesnt
What is it about the G2 that makes you and others say that? Just because it can fire below .01? Or is there something else to it?

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

jbone6977

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What is it about the G2 that makes you and others say that? Just because it can fire below .01? Or is there something else to it?

It fires at a lower resistance than any of the other mods but even when im firing dual aliens at .12 ohms that many other mods can do just fine, it just fires better, very little lag when you hit the button. The nice thing about the G2 is when you get into something like a .07 build, when you initially start pulsing them you may be around a .04 and the other mods just wont fire it.

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is probably my last Mod for a while. Sure, the painf wore off but I am not impressed much by cosmetic things. I prefer functionality. In that regard there is but one flaw. The once too tight battery terminals have become too lose! I often have to play "Musical batteries". However It so far always works in some configuration. Knock on wood. I have faith in the longevity of the board. Without the battery hoops It is much easier to use. Even if the terminals have become to loose. I just hope they do not get to the point where they fail to make contact. If it keeps working, sans paing I do not need to look any further for a while. The first time I have used a mod more than 3 months. I must vape like a Freight train though. HG2's in it fully charged in a charger last me 1-1/2 hours! Luckily by that time another set of batteries is ready to go. This may not be the case had I been using the USB which I probably would not recommend. With a Lipo you have no choice but with this I would take advantage of the option to remove them. Anyways, regardless of the paint I remain very pleased with this. I am interested in a Therion but have yet to come across one in a B&M. Online is cheaper anyways of course so I might as well go order it and have it in my hands in 3 days. I kind of doubt It lasts much less than the Triade. Since I am using well under 100 watts. Still, I just vape too much LOL. Well, this is great. I suggest everyone go get one if they so wish. It is funny I hated on this Mod to begin with and now it is the only one I use. Heck, I reserve the right to change my mind :)

Johnnytraveler

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

It runs TC on kanthal. To my knowledge it's the only 'mass produced' mod that can do that. For me, building on kanthal is easier than ss.
For the record i don't own a hohmwrecker. I just bought 5 mods. But opted against the g2.

Sent from somewhere in Vietnam.

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Doesn't the current version of the DNA do Kanthal in TC as well? I vastly prefer NI200. Even if it may well be a health hazard. It is also a pain to work with. I buy prebuilt coils. Few people could build Double NI200 coils like that. I just personally love the flavor and clouds I get from NI200. Given my age health concerns are not a big deal anymore. Obviously johnny, you were not hot for the g2? I am not either. The Triade is my favorite mod as of now. Unless they introduce some ground breaking features or mine dies I will not buy another for some time.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Doesn't the current version of the DNA do Kanthal in TC as well? I vastly prefer NI200. Even if it may well be a health hazard. It is also a pain to work with. I buy prebuilt coils. Few people could build Double NI200 coils like that. I just personally love the flavor and clouds I get from NI200. Given my age health concerns are not a big deal anymore. Obviously johnny, you were not hot for the g2? I am not either. The Triade is my favorite mod as of now. Unless they introduce some ground breaking features or mine dies I will not buy another for some time.
u can load a kenthal curve in but it doesn't work right

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The normal way a TC mod works is reading the change of resistance from the coil(s) from a cool state compared to as it heats up (resistance rises). Each coil material has a different TCR (Temperature Coefficient of Resistance). The greater the TCR, the greater the change in resistance The greater the change, the more accurate and easier for the mod to calculate the temperature via the TCR. Kanthal's TCR is virtually nonexistent Our mods can't read the minuscule change that Kanthal or NiChrome have. Exactly how mods do TC on Kanthal, I'm not sure but it's not by reading resistance change. I can't remember the last time I used Kanthal. I use SS430 and NiFe for TC wire.

qDpbMVR.jpg

Cheers,
Steve

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is very strange to me. I use tanks. NI200 has always performed better for me. It most certainly does TC on it. I can see it on the screen kick in exactly how I would think it should. NI200 I think was the original TC wire? SS316 is just not working for me. I have tried different TCR's and all kinds of adjustments. I am sure I am doing something wrong. I would much rather use the SS coils. What I get out of it is like a Blu stick. I don't understand. I am currently using the Crown II which many would argue is one of the top 5 tanks currently I think. If you guy's wants to help me figure it out it would be much appreciated. However, before someone told me settings here and it stil did not work. I would think just the stock Triade SS TCR should work fine but it does not here. Even though I am older I do not need to be inhaling poison! I am rather sure I am getting it red hot. Not good at all. TC is certainly working though. I can see it kick back the wattage and hit the max. Although getting so hot maybe not in fact.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
This is very strange to me. I use tanks. NI200 has always performed better for me. It most certainly does TC on it. I can see it on the screen kick in exactly how I would think it should. NI200 I think was the original TC wire? SS316 is just not working for me. I have tried different TCR's and all kinds of adjustments. I am sure I am doing something wrong. I would much rather use the SS coils. What I get out of it is like a Blu stick. I don't understand. I am currently using the Crown II which many would argue is one of the top 5 tanks currently I think. If you guy's wants to help me figure it out it would be much appreciated. However, before someone told me settings here and it stil did not work. I would think just the stock Triade SS TCR should work fine but it does not here. Even though I am older I do not need to be inhaling poison! I am rather sure I am getting it red hot. Not good at all. TC is certainly working though. I can see it kick back the wattage and hit the max. Although getting so hot maybe not in fact.
i think it's an issue with the crown coils themselves. lots of people have TC issues with them

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just to be clear, I wasn't saying it can't TC Ni200 (pure Nickel). I was saying it can't TC NiChrome (Nickel Chromium) Those are two different wires. Ni200 has the highest TCR I'm aware of for TC vaping wire. I use to use Ni200, but I stopped because you shouldn't dry-burn it (no cleaning gunked coils) and it's very malleable to work with. It actually works great for TC.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i think it's an issue with the crown coils themselves. lots of people have TC issues with them
My understanding is the Crown SS316 coils use Nickel legs so it throws off the TCR. Try using a higher TCR, it may help. I've heard of people using the TCR for SS304 with better results (.00105). I use RTA's and build my own coils so I don't have first hand experience with the Crown, it's just what I've read.

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
[QUOTE=". It actually works great for TC.[/QUOTE]

I see. Probably why I get these results with prebuilt coil heads. Plus, yes the SS does have NI legs. TCR for NI200 on the SS will instantly scorch my lips. weird. It is interesting to hear their SS heads do not work great. So it is not just me. I am not a lazy putz. I have no Fine Motor control in my hands(disability). I know how in my head. Being stuck with coil heads does suck for an advanced Vaper. With electronics(programming) I can do almost anything. Escribe comes naturally to me. It is just a shame for me about the coils. I do appreciate your Guy's input.

I am just concerned that I am in fact getting NI200 red hot chain vaping. Even with TC. I know I originally said I am old, who cares. That is a stupid mentality though and I take that back. What I am doing is almost Akin to dry burning it. It is still wet, no dry hits but overheating it I am concerned in fact. It is strange that they only officially make SS coils now, yet they suck. I just have to keep playing with the TCR settings. There is feasibly no reason the SS should not output like the NI200. I think. It has to be settings. It is their fault for the NI legs. Darn Chinese engineering. Otherwise Lost Vapes stock TCR would work fine on SS I gather.

Nonetheless, there are no issues with this Mod other than the paint. Luckily, I for one could care less about. In fact I enjoy things that look as if they have seen combat! It makes it look like you use the shit out of it IMO. Which I do. Other than that the battery terminals went from too tight to too lose. They are actually to my liking right now. If they get looser I fear there may be contact issues though. All in All this is my favorite production mod to date. The 250, because I can do without the hoops. Obviously that one never loosened up. Paired with the Crown II their coils suck but I find no real issues with the Triade. I highly recommend it. I know I originally dissed it but that was the 200 with the hops. Plus Only for those that yearn for a battle worn look I guess. I am just trying to be honest for anyone considering it. I think you can do no better in a production mod. Or the Therion. Which I think is a litle more stylish at the loss of capacity. I hardly care about style though. As I mentioned I vape so much HG2's in it last me 1-1/2 hours! Perhaps the paint is just due to overuse LOL. I actually vape about 60+ ML a day! Probably because I am using 3 nic and should be using at least 8 or 12. I really enjoy using it so I am happy to do that. I have a guy that hooks me up with a gallon of juice for $120 so not an issue there.

Thanks Guy's.

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I thought a segment of my lcd burned out. Which is not really possible of course if you know how they work. Turns out it was a spec of the paint that it was shedding! I wish I had the skillz to polish mine.

VU Sponsors