Become a Patron!

LOST VAPE TRIADE DNA200

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It may be a QC issue for all I know. Typical of Chinese made. I had a hunch what happened with Wismec. I am not sure they discontinued it and all the sudden there was a run on them. I bet they had to stop selling them. Remember Evolv sued them over their usage of it because they make a similar chip. If they just won that explains that. I just found a B&M with one. I think I will get it as a backup since it is my favorite mod(Duh). Price is a little high of course but not that bad for a B&M. All the sudden no internet Etailer has them. I wonder if I am right about what just happened. One day they were everywhere, the next nowhere to be found on the net. Hana sued everyone too as you all know. Stereotypes are often true. Americans sue and Chinese make crap product LOL. I know I will have to rebuild this one. Wismec has cut corners as well. Probably for the reasons I had guessed above.

I say if you got a good example of anything just stick with it.

BoostAddict

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've also had the exact opposite experience with my Lost Vape products. I have 1 -Triades and a 3- duo's. Never had a issue with any of their mods.
I usally vape between 50-80 watts with a 100w preheat on the clapton or Alien coils. I have ran Lipo's and 18650's with the Duo's. Love these mods!
My Vt133's are bulletproof also, i have owned them the longest out of all my DNA mods:cheers:

HvyMtl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm another with multiple lost vape products and zero issues. Did have one when the duo first came out and was sent a replacement immediately. I've got the duo, triade, halcyion. It is what it is with any make or model of vape products. You never know. And for the Relaux being great. I've had a few of the originals. Sold them. Had issues. Also had the DNA version. Problems. Sold it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HvyMtl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I just don't really see the purpose of bashing a brand when there are bad ones or a bad batch. I'll just stop watching this thread. Will I buy another? Who knows. Are they my favorite? Nope. Google any mod, tank, rda, batteries, etc and you'll find issues. I've been doing this for I think 7 years now. There is no such thing as a perfect brand or mod. I buy whatever works for me at the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No need to get huffy @HvyMtl, we are all expressing our feelings about the brand. I have a Triton also, and all I got from the thread is that some have problems, some don't. I hope mine is in the latter group. Just like you, I'm sticking with what works for me, the G2s, Slice, VS VFDNA133. I bought the G2s from ecig and their customer service is impeccable. I bought the flasks from Vapor Shark and had zero problems with either. Yes, the Lost Vape mods look damn good, but if I have to wait 2 months for their service department to fix my mod, that is not acceptable to me so I'll steer away from them from now on.

BoostAddict

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My experience with ecig is they are the dumbest bunch of morons on this planet. Their customer service is a joke!!! 2 -g2 ordered 1 arrived with a g1 in the wrong color( 2 weeks) to fix. Then the dumbass sent me a orange g2 when i ordered a red g2 (3rd week). I gave up after that:headbang:
The other 6 orders i made with them went great...Get my pointo_O

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I sure get your point! We all had good and bad experiences. My experience with ecig was great, yours not so much, my Triton is fine (so far) other's not worth the shipping costs. What I'm getting from you is that you had your problems solved in 3 weeks, and btw, the red G2 is more of a burnt orange not truly red, unlike @MannyScoot who still doesn't have his mod after all this time. At the very least, ecig did make it right in a manner. It is up to us as consumers to show how we feel about a business by either continuing to purchase from them, or go spend our hard earned money elsewhere.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah, I haven't seen anyone bash the brand. I think the people that needed customer service are upset about the level of customer service they in fact recieved. To me that's a legitimate complaint. I don't own a Lost Vape mod but if I did and I payed the premium prices some of these members paid I would be pissed off too. They definitely have a legitimate beef. So far the two best companies I have dealt with on a customer service level are Hohmtech and Vape Forward. Not saying other companies don't have great CS but so far this has been my experience. I have never, ever had a problem with ecig.com. In fact on more than one occasion they have gone above and beyond for me. After reading this thread, should I ever decide to buy a Lost Vape mod I would only do it thru ecig.com because I have no doubt whatsoever that they would indeed back the mod up. I highly recommend them to anyone looking for a new mod or tank.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My experience with ecig is they are the dumbest bunch of morons on this planet. Their customer service is a joke!!! 2 -g2 ordered 1 arrived with a g1 in the wrong color( 2 weeks) to fix. Then the dumbass sent me a orange g2 when i ordered a red g2 (3rd week). I gave up after that:headbang:
The other 6 orders i made with them went great...Get my pointo_O

They have some dumb peeps over there. Lol

VAPE ON

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's true. There are always duds when others get a great example. The botom line what we are discussing here at least is all garbage made in China. That no one can dispute. It is not like wqe are discussing $500++ custom mods here and complaining.

I am so glad you found it and I do know the coupon trick lol. I almost just spent fucking $169 and then I just got it under $100! Fuck me in the goat ass! It is strange a google search says sold out everywhere it brings up. Even though I whined like a bitch I do appreciate that! look, we all have preferences but none of this shit is top notch. It is not like we are arguing Lexus VS. BMW. I will tell you one thing though try sending a Wismec product into Evolv for repair HAHA. I wonder if their own service is any better than LV. Problem Chinese man not know business in usa. I have had the same shit with Motherboard RMA. Maybe in China it is expected to wait Five years for service. Fuck if I know. NO, that is not racist it is a damn fact. Cultural difference that's all. Luckily I repaired it myself but still find it too fragile for actual usage. Wait until Manny finally gets it back and the Motherfucker breaks again! Of course I do not wish that on him but I foresee this coming. I keed I keed.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
To sound like a broken record..... When the DNA 200 model first came out before there was a RX it had a decent internal 510 and 14 AWG power wiring. The RX came and it was cheap so they cut corners. Then they figured they might as well just do that to the DNA model.Probably to cut down on parts inventory. As I also mentioned now discontinued and sold out everywhere. If you want a solid mod find one used or whatever and upgrade the wiring and 510. It is actually not hard. I think these are going to command $$ now though. Since when something is gone all the sudden everyone wants it. Then you can customize it if you want like Manny and I have. Leaving you with a semi custom mod. What is special about it is once you upgrade the wiring and 510 it is a very solid 18650 DNA 200 mod. Sadly, The Triade is such a piece of shit it is not even worth fucking around with. Unless you are going to put $300 of parts into it plus the $150+ mod you might as wel just buy a custom mod. You could put Gucci leather and shit. Nah, not even worth anyones time to fuck with that piece of crap. Mine is working but I don't touch it. It will rip the batteries and dead short again if I do. Screw this Damn thing. I wish there was a truly high end 3x18650 DNA 200-250 mod out. That would rock and I would pay anything within reason for one. I feel Lipo's suck because there are so many kinds to go find and they really only have a duty cycle similar to 18650 or worse. Not 1,000 cycles bullshit as they say. I have had DOA bad cell Lipo's and the mod has to be destroyed just to even get the battery out. Of course some mods are beter in this respect. What LV did right with the mini is use a universal 30 amp connector. Plus the abalone is nice. That is my only one that works go figure.

Anyways, now the Reuleaux DNA 200 just became much more exclusive than the Triade if nothing else. Sure the Triade looks nicer out of the box but it is like a kid with Acne. The Reuleaux DNA 200 now falls under the category of supply and demand. I bet used prices go more than new. Customize it and you have something really decent. Coatings/paint are one matter but the wiring is very easy on this. Quite frankly you don't even need to bother. It will take you to 130 and who vapes higher than that? Probably all of you LOL. I am at 75.2 watts and it hits way harder than a Lipo. 18650's just do that. Much prefer anything with 18650's so long as it lasts more than a day. Actually come to think of it my first LV mini was DOA too! New one has worked six months. LV can Vape my cock. Do they give a fuck? Typical Shizer Chinese outfit.

Sorry for long rant
How do I know if my Wismec DNA 200 is one of the better ones?

I got it around the time there was the shortage of screens, and the RX200 was just launched, it was very hard to get a hold of one at the time but it was the mod I most wanted.

I hope mine is one with better internal wiring, as I do want it to last, I have had it since before last Christmas I believe, I can't remember the exact date though.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How do I know if my Wismec DNA 200 is one of the better ones?

I got it around the time there was the shortage of screens, and the RX200 was just launched, it was very hard to get a hold of one at the time but it was the mod I most wanted.

I hope mine is one with better internal wiring, as I do want it to last, I have had it since before last Christmas I believe, I can't remember the exact date though.
They are all the same. Wismec never changed them. It's one guy saying that stuff to try and justify his opinion that it's better than a Triade. Wismec was part of Joyetech when they were released and they still are. If you look back at videos when it was first released you will see it had the same issues then.

Cheers,
Steve

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That is not true! It has nothing to do with my own agenda. If it does not have "CE" and the recycle symbol on the bottom it is one of the original batch that had slightly better components. Then came the RX200. So they could obviously just share components and reduce inventory thereby cutting cost and quality. I have taken both apart. New and Old the old was clearly better. Anyways it is not like it was miles better it just got the job done. Right now, technically the Triade has slightly better internals. It does not always seem to make a difference in it's longevity though. Wingsfan, per your sig the same thing could be said of "know it all's".

Manny, What is your paint scheme? Camo or something? I cannot make out what it is. I know it is not a solid color.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They are all the same. Wismec never changed them. It's one guy saying that stuff to try and justify his opinion that it's better than a Triade. Wismec was part of Joyetech when they were released and they still are. If you look back at videos when it was first released you will see it had the same issues then.

Cheers,
Steve
Sorry brother.... But my RX200 is old old old .... I got it a couple of weeks before they were even released...... Mine never blew up and after 10 months all I did was put a new 510 in it.....

Then after another month had it put new wiring in it just for the he'll of it......

And since the paint came all of, and she looked Like shit and sent in for a new paint job..... I have 17 boxes...... And the one I carry with me night and day is the RX200...=== I wonder why ?
IMAG1953_1_1.jpg

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That is not true! It has nothing to do with my own agenda. If it does not have "CE" and the recycle symbol on the bottom it is one of the original batch that had slightly better components. Then came the RX200. So they could obviously just share components and reduce inventory thereby cutting cost and quality. I have taken both apart. New and Old the old was clearly better. Anyways it is not like it was miles better it just got the job done. Right now, technically the Triade has slightly better internals. It does not always seem to make a difference in it's longevity though. Wingsfan, per your sig the same thing could be said of "know it all's".

Manny, What is your paint scheme? Camo or something? I cannot make out what it is. I know it is not a solid color.
It's like some kind of snake..... A viper maybe.....
IMAG1917_2.jpgIMAG1919.jpgIMAG1918.jpgIMAG1912_1_1.jpg

BoostAddict

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have 3 original RX200 and 3 RX200s and never had 1 problem(even 510 connections)out of any of them. They are all still alive and doing great:cheers: 2 of each are boxed up in hiding now because of the FDA BS :D

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry brother.... But my RX200 is old old old .... I got it a couple of weeks before they were even released...... Mine never blew up and after 10 months all I did was put a new 510 in it.....

Then after another month had it put new wiring in it just for the he'll of it......

And since the paint came all of, and she looked Like shit and sent in for a new paint job..... I have 17 boxes...... And the one I carry with me night and day is the RX200...=== I wonder why ?
View attachment 62004

My post was about the Reuleaux DNA200 not the RX200. I was just saying they all have thin wire and the same crappy 510 connector. Some don't have problems some do because of tolerances and different attys being used.

Look I have a Reuleaux DNA200 and it works. I just don't use it because I have mods I like better. That doesn't change the facts about wire gauge or the quality of 510 connector.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My post was about the Reuleaux DNA200 not the RX200. I was just saying they all have thin wire and the same crappy 510 connector. Some don't have problems some do because of tolerances and different attys being used.

Look I have a Reuleaux DNA200 and it works. I just don't use it because I have mods I like better. That doesn't change the facts about wire gauge or the quality of 510 connector.
Thanks....

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Mine doesn't have the CE logo or recycle symbol on the bottom, and was purchased a long time ago, but I can clarify it 100% has the not very good 510 connection.

I took mine apart, but only once to move the ribbon cable to stop it rubbing against the fire button-I can't say about the wiring as I did not check, but from early videos they all seem to be the same, wether new or old.

Did you buy yours used? I am wondering if it is possible it was modified?

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Cheers,
Steve
I think you are right Wismec never changed the design internally, as I can confirm mine has no CE mark or Recycle symbol on the bottom, and is an early one due to when I got it, but it still has the crappy 510.

I have not checked the wiring but I assume it is exactly the same as the newer devices, the only time I took it apart was to move the ribbon cable.

But, I do own this, an original RX200 and an RX 2/3 in my collection, I haven't had any problems myself and do enjoy the devices-I just would be happier if they had a better 510 connection/wiring.

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I never said the 510 was ever great quality. What I did say and you should be able to confirm is they are different. Your original DNA200 should have a slightly different 510 than the rx200/2/3. it is only slightly better quality not anything great. I would say the original one is comparable to what is on the Triade which is also not great I did not buy mine used. I wonder if only some of them had a slightly different 510. I am by no means saying it is very good just a little better than the current rx200/2/3. I never said this thing is great quality. All I said is the original one seemed to be a little better quality than the current one. If anyone thinks I said either mod spoken of here is of great quality is mistaken. Neither one of them are very impressive. In fact I think I used the term "Chinese crap" more than once. It is not like I said these things are as god as a Top Hat. Not even close of course. They are both mass produced junk.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I never said the 510 was ever great quality. What I did say and you should be able to confirm is they are different. Your original DNA200 should have a slightly different 510 than the rx200/2/3. it is only slightly better quality not anything great. I would say the original one is comparable to what is on the Triade which is also not great I did not buy mine used. I wonder if only some of them had a slightly different 510. I am by no means saying it is very good just a little better than the current rx200/2/3. I never said this thing is great quality. All I said is the original one seemed to be a little better quality than the current one. If anyone thinks I said either mod spoken of here is of great quality is mistaken. Neither one of them are very impressive. In fact I think I used the term "Chinese crap" more than once. It is not like I said these things are as god as a Top Hat. Not even close of course. They are both mass produced junk.
Fair enough, my mistake.

The 510 definitely looks the same as the one on my original RX200- the kind of square shaped one, and when pressed with a screwdriver it doesn't appear as 'springy' as other mods I own.

I haven't had a problem with it though, and do like the device. I don't own the Triade, but I do own the original Efusion, and I like it- 2 out of 4 of my DNA200's have been RMA'd, both hotcigs, a V1 and V2.

Is your 510 square, or slightly different? Do you have a picture? Manufacturers sometimes can change parts as you say if they can't get hold of them, just like Evolv did changing the DNA200 screen.

How long have you owned the Rolo DNA200? Just trying to work out the time period as it seems mine is an earlier model without the CE/Recycle markings.

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you. You are reasonable. Not just calling me a liar. I appreciate that. I got it the day it was released. I had said 2 years but I must be mistaken. Maybe about a year or so? It is square but that is just the assembly that holds it in place that the nut tightens against. The actual "can" is round and is three pieces looking rather good in fact. wires are 14AWG per my caliper. The Reuleaux's 510 is internally mounted whereas the Triade's 510 is externally mounted. Including the Varitube I do not see any vast difference but I will let you judge for yourself. The pin on mine is fine and is spring loaded where later ones rested in a rubber grommet. They do not spring back now. So if you put for instance a TFV4 it will push down the pin tstuck at the bottom and then it will require a RMA or surgery. Mine if I push it to the bottom it springs right back up. It has about 3.8MM of travel on mine. I also noticed something else. When I took apart my Triade the entire board and everything was swimming in juice. The Reuleaux gets some juice inside but not nearly as bad. Seeing the paint issues, leather issues, battery issues, Outright failure in very short period all the while my Reuleaux is still working fine. Batteries pop in and out very easily. I do not even need the cord. It was like that when new. I also see there are QC issues with the Triade. I looked at one today and the metal top and bottom had a large gap between the battery sled flanges. It also had a decent gap on the door. The Reuleaux dor is much thicker aluminum and has magnets top and bottom. Many people also have trouble with the Triade door falling off. It has a lot of issues. So does the Reuleaux quite frankly at this point.

The pictures follow. Notice the 510's and the wiring. These are not my pictures but the Reuleaux is the same as I have.The Reuleaux(old) actually looks fine to me but what do I know? Quite frankly the Reuleaux's 510 is longer and larger in barrel diameter. They have indeed changed it to the rubber grommet sans spring that was present on the original. Although the Triade has the grommet deal as well. Do not let the external mount fool you just because it may look fancier.

I hope It was okay to post these links. I mean with those whom provided them Being on the public internet I suppose the are public domain now.

I hope this helps to clear up the statements I have made here.Feel free to comment on these pictures of course. I know you all will!

Reuleaux

510.jpg

This is not the Triade of course but Lost vape uses the same 510 on all of their mods.
70CC1AB70866F5DFEAB235C1E7BEF3C0F8CFBF9109881E19A0pimgpsh_fullsize_distr__41675.1458613548.1280.1280.jpg

Origin-Vape-Lost-Vape-Efusion-Mini-DNA200-New-Zealand-Abalone-Shell-200W-TC-Mod-06.jpg

Here is the Varitube. Notice that it seemingly has thinner AWG wire than the Triade! I hope manny actually got an upgrade depending how old his is.

510connectorChoice_2watermarked.jpg

Last edited:

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you. You are reasonable. Not just calling me a liar. I appreciate that. I got it the day it was released. I had said 2 years but I must be mistaken. Maybe about a year or so? It is square but that is just the assembly that holds it in place that the nut tightens against. The actual "can" is round and is three pieces looking rather good in fact. wires are 14AWG per my caliper. The Reuleaux's 510 is internally mounted whereas the Triade's 510 is externally mounted. Including the Varitube I do not see any vast difference but I will let you judge for yourself. The pin on mine is fine and is spring loaded where later ones rested in a rubber grommet. They do not spring back now. So if you put for instance a TFV4 it will push down the pin tstuck at the bottom and then it will require a RMA or surgery. Mine if I push it to the bottom it springs right back up. It has about 3.8MM of travel on mine. I also noticed something else. When I took apart my Triade the entire board and everything was swimming in juice. The Reuleaux gets some juice inside but not nearly as bad. Seeing the paint issues, leather issues, battery issues, Outright failure in very short period all the while my Reuleaux is still working fine. Batteries pop in and out very easily. I do not even need the cord. It was like that when new. I also see there are QC issues with the Triade. I looked at one today and the metal top and bottom had a large gap between the battery sled flanges. It also had a decent gap on the door. The Reuleaux dor is much thicker aluminum and has magnets top and bottom. Many people also have trouble with the Triade door falling off. It has a lot of issues. So does the Reuleaux quite frankly at this point.

The pictures follow. Notice the 510's and the wiring. These are not my pictures but the Reuleaux is the same as I have.The Reuleaux(old) actually looks fine to me but what do I know? Quite frankly the Reuleaux's 510 is longer and larger in barrel diameter. They have indeed changed it to the rubber grommet sans spring that was present on the original. Although the Triade has the grommet deal as well. Do not let the external mount fool you just because it may look fancier.

I hope It was okay to post these links. I mean with those whom provided them Being on the public internet I suppose the are public domain now.

I hope this helps to clear up the statements I have made here.Feel free to comment on these pictures of course. I know you all will!

Reuleaux

510.jpg

This is not the Triade of course but Lost vape uses the same 510 on all of their mods.
70CC1AB70866F5DFEAB235C1E7BEF3C0F8CFBF9109881E19A0pimgpsh_fullsize_distr__41675.1458613548.1280.1280.jpg

Origin-Vape-Lost-Vape-Efusion-Mini-DNA200-New-Zealand-Abalone-Shell-200W-TC-Mod-06.jpg

Here is the Varitube. Notice that it seemingly has thinner AWG wire than the Triade! I hope manny actually got an upgrade depending how old his is.

510connectorChoice_2watermarked.jpg
That is OK, so when it was released, it must be similar timing to when I got mine, I did have to wait a little while to find somewhere that had one in stock though so maybe a month or so difference?
EDIT: I am mistaken, looking at my IMGUR it states 8 months ago.

I will dismantle mine later to check the wire gauge, when you mention it is spring loaded, is it quite firm? As looking at mine, there actually IS movement, with it returning to where it was before so it guess it is spring loaded but very firm, or it is a rubber grommet that still has its 'bounce' too it.

I don't have a way of measuring the travel but 3.8MM sounds within reason from what I can see.

I agree it is not without its issues, but I do really like the mod, and it gets a lot of use. I can't mention the quality of the Triade as I don't own one myself, but I am happy with my Efusion, this is the original Efusion, not sure if quality was better then or not, but the mod works for my needs so is the main thing.

I will check my mod to see if it is definitely spring loaded, or has the rubber grommet instead. Also if the wiring is thick or not-but even if it isn't, as I have said I still like the mod, it may not be as good as other devices I own but I like the triple 18650 configuration.

So that would be the 510 I have in my Efusion? Checking it now, it actually has less movement than the Wismec! I did not expect that as I have had zero issues with it.

I hope if he was having issues with it then it was upgraded too, it isn't nice to spend a fair bit of cash on a mod for it to not meet expectations.

Last edited:

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That is the 510 on all Efusions and the one you have. My 510 most certainly has a spring. Perhaps they used it on some RX200 if it is more springy. The efusion is a grommet. My Reuleaux is also more springy than my Triade and Efusions. Since it is an actual spring. These Chinese companies will use whatever parts they have anywhere. There is no method to their madness other than cutting cost. So if they had it on hand to use perhaps you lucked out on the RX200. The square one you speak of is most likely the newer garbage one people complain about getting stuck with Atty's that have a long pin. I have put everything on here. I can firmly push it to it stops and it quickly springs back. The Lost Vape ones are slower to return due to the use of a grommet.

Just wait until some hater comes in here again and says I am full of it after I provided proof. I don't care in the least. The Reuleaux has held up perfectly. This is in fact YMMV because some had a much better experience with the Triade and had a bad Reuleaux. I acknowledge that. Anything goes in these Chinese factories. Just depends if you got a good example of whatever.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That is the 510 on all Efusions and the one you have. My 510 most certainly has a spring. Perhaps they used it on some RX200 if it is more springy. The efusion is a grommet. My Reuleaux is also more springy than my Triade and Efusions. Since it is an actual spring. These Chinese companies will use whatever parts they have anywhere. There is no method to their madness other than cutting cost. So if they had it on hand to use perhaps you lucked out on the RX200. The square one you speak of is most likely the newer garbage one people complain about getting stuck with Atty's that have a long pin. I have put everything on here. I can firmly push it to it stops and it quickly springs back. The Lost Vape ones are slower to return due to the use of a grommet.

Just wait until some hater comes in here again and says I am full of it after I provided proof. I don't care in the least. The Reuleaux has held up perfectly. This is in fact YMMV because some had a much better experience with the Triade and had a bad Reuleaux. I acknowledge that. Anything goes in these Chinese factories. Just depends if you got a good example of whatever.
It's ironic that you talk about haters when you are posting in a Lost Vape Triade thread hating on the mod. This isn't a RX200 thread.

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You know what? You got me there WingsFan. Im actually being a dick. I am not being sarcastic either. This was actually a dick move to come in the thread for one mod and discuss the merits of it's competitor.

Topweasel

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's ironic that you talk about haters when you are posting in a Lost Vape Triade thread hating on the mod. This isn't a RX200 thread.
It's a point brought up before. Me an him already had a long exchange on the 510. I told him pretty much it's not about what the 510 is made out of that makes the difference. What matters is do all/most atty's sit flush or close to flush. 2. Does it break specially if a device was over tightened. The answer on LV is no or at least in comparison to the litteny of tossed RX's, or ones that people had to repair themselves, or like Manny had to ship out to have someone upgrade it for them. The worst part about all of this is it's mostly anger about blown fuse which statistically because he allowed the batteries to short. Frankly I don't care if my 510 rests in a cup of whale semen as long as it works and I don't have to do anything.

Topweasel

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You know what? You got me there WingsFan. Im actually being a dick. I am not being sarcastic either. This was actually a dick move to come in the thread for one mod and discuss the merits of it's competitor.
You have. You did. You even apologize for getting into a crazy rant. But it's not like these are dropping like flies but day after day I see updates in this thread and the fourth post is about how bad LV is and how much better an unattainable ancient version of the RX200 is better and how all of our stuff is going to die because it's chinese. All the time 98% of the people here have had little to no problems with their device. I mean pick just about any mod and you will find dozens of examples of dead or malfuntioning devices. We have two and one with paint bubbling. Even if it's taking awhile you (here specifically Manny) at least have customer support and RMA process for the device (try that with the Wismec). But you continue to post as though every single one of us is going to wake up with all of our LV products dead, and that you were right all along.

Your constant need to interject the shortcomings of a device that by and large is working exactly as advertised based off of your singular failure is making it pretty difficult to have constructive conversations about the device.

Eskie

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Just hit the ignore button Topweasel :cheers: It works wonders and your blood pressure goes down.
Just like when you put the kids in bed for the night:giggle:

Eh, the problem with ignore is it can really screw up the flow of a thread when you read it. For me it's easier to just scroll past if something is really out in left field.

As for the Triade (the topic of this thread), mine is now 3 months old and looking and working as well as day 1. Yay me! Same for my Duo. I've seen the photos of early failure of the finish, and that sucks. It really does. If it were me I'd be upset too. Tearing the battery wraps? Yes, it can be annoying if you're not careful. Part of the fault there is Evolv in not having reverse polarity protection in place as a standard feature of the board. LV could have added the daughter board that Evolv offers that can provide that, but instead went with the mechanical '"Let's try to keep you from stuffing batteries in wrong by adding too much of a lip to stop you". Not a good solution, but whatever. If I'm careful the worst I get is a little nick on the end which lets a tiny bit of the white insulator show through. Not the end of the world, and not going to cause a short. If they get bad, I'll rewrap them.

If someone does manage to defeat the crappy protection system, they'll trip the breaker. Something easy to fix and should have a fast turnaround time for service, especially as LV now has contracted a US service center. Props to LV for doing that, as I don't know (could be, I just don't know) of any other Chinese manufacturer who's contracted out for that. Bad deal if it takes them 3 weeks to change a freaking fuse, and if it were me, I'd complain as well. I'd also let LV know their service center is running so behind as they might not even be aware there's an issue. If they are aware and still don't help, they drop in my opinion of them as a manufacturer.

Otherwise, I can't knock either product from them. I'll admit I'm going to pick up a Therion 133 too. But that's me and my wallet, and I don't expect anyone else to make the same decision (well, I would like people to buy their products as I don't want them going out of business, but I think you get what I'm saying).

I'm also sitting here with an RX200S that arrived today. Nice mod, especially for only $40. Good for me for out and about without worry about scuffing up some leather or busting an Abalone panel. All these mod are good as long as they do their job and meet your needs. And all will eventually fail in some manner. Nature of the mass market consumer product world. But premature failure should be properly addressed, and if not, the buyer is allowed to vent their frustration. But that individual experience probably does not represent the experience of all purchasers. If it did affect many or all purchasers, that company will be gone in short order.

BoostAddict

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Eh, the problem with ignore is it can really screw up the flow of a thread when you read it. For me it's easier to just scroll past if something is really out in left field.

As for the Triade (the topic of this thread), mine is now 3 months old and looking and working as well as day 1. Yay me! Same for my Duo. I've seen the photos of early failure of the finish, and that sucks. It really does. If it were me I'd be upset too. Tearing the battery wraps? Yes, it can be annoying if you're not careful. Part of the fault there is Evolv in not having reverse polarity protection in place as a standard feature of the board. LV could have added the daughter board that Evolv offers that can provide that, but instead went with the mechanical '"Let's try to keep you from stuffing batteries in wrong by adding too much of a lip to stop you". Not a good solution, but whatever. If I'm careful the worst I get is a little nick on the end which lets a tiny bit of the white insulator show through. Not the end of the world, and not going to cause a short. If they get bad, I'll rewrap them.

If someone does manage to defeat the crappy protection system, they'll trip the breaker. Something easy to fix and should have a fast turnaround time for service, especially as LV now has contracted a US service center. Props to LV for doing that, as I don't know (could be, I just don't know) of any other Chinese manufacturer who's contracted out for that. Bad deal if it takes them 3 weeks to change a freaking fuse, and if it were me, I'd complain as well. I'd also let LV know their service center is running so behind as they might not even be aware there's an issue. If they are aware and still don't help, they drop in my opinion of them as a manufacturer.

Otherwise, I can't knock either product from them. I'll admit I'm going to pick up a Therion 133 too. But that's me and my wallet, and I don't expect anyone else to make the same decision (well, I would like people to buy their products as I don't want them going out of business, but I think you get what I'm saying).

I'm also sitting here with an RX200S that arrived today. Nice mod, especially for only $40. Good for me for out and about without worry about scuffing up some leather or busting an Abalone panel. All these mod are good as long as they do their job and meet your needs. And all will eventually fail in some manner. Nature of the mass market consumer product world. But premature failure should be properly addressed, and if not, the buyer is allowed to vent their frustration. But that individual experience probably does not represent the experience of all purchasers. If it did affect many or all purchasers, that company will be gone in short order.

I agree with everything you said 100%. The fuse is .50 and can be replaced by anybody with some soldering skills. It doesn't usally blow without a reason:rolleyes: I have 15 dna mods and have never once had a warranty issue with any of them. Half of them don't have reverse polarity protection either.
Mark your battery tray and batteries, use the onboard charging or install the Lipo. Pretty simple:cheers:

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have two Triades. They are the only DNAs I use because their battery life is simply outstanding once you set it on escribe. My ADV has been this one with a Tug vaping at 85 watts all day for 12 hours ...

Ej3uY4h.jpg

Cross my fingers but I've had zero issues. I rarely if ever use tanks - although I own a number of RTAs. Just too bloody big. The Triade feels better in the hand than the RX200, the battery lasts longer and the power is truer. Of course you pay for it. Is it overpriced? I don't know. I thought it good enough to trade two lipo DNAs for a second Triade.

Last edited:

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have two Triades. They are the only DNAs I use because their battery life is simply outstanding once you set it on ebay. My ADV has been this one with a Tug vaping at 85 watts all day for 12 hours ...

Ej3uY4h.jpg

Cross my fingers but I've had zero issues. I rarely if ever use tanks - although I own a number of RTAs. Just too bloody big. The Triade feels better in the hand than the RX200, the battery lasts longer and the power is truer. Of course you pay for it. Is it overpriced? I don't know. I thought it good enough to trade two lipo DNAs for a second Triade.
Well I Vaped mine 12 + hours a day, on 125 watts, for 29 days until...... Bam fried....

Maybe I abused the bitch !!!

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes, you guys are 100% correct. I am personally pissed about mine. I do not need to take it out on everyone else. I don't think it is the actual design either. Of any of these. I think it is poor QC. I said I was a dick to make the point 50 times. Even if it is my personal viewpoint. I realize what I have done is akin to going into a Ford forum and saying Chevy is better. I was just prompted to do this out of my own frustration. I will agree this was the wrong thread to do so. Unless anyone else mentions the comparison or failures again I will also refrain from doing so. Yeah, I was wrong and I admit it. I could have stated my piece and been done with it. I shall not continue to do so unless there is something specifically to comment on. Like Manny actually sends it for repair after it falls apart and maybe he will get it back in his lifetime. Take from that what you will. Not my cup of tea that's all. I did not need to write a Thesis about it however. In retrospect I realize that does not make anyone very happy.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes, you guys are 100% correct. I am personally pissed about mine. I do not need to take it out on everyone else. I don't think it is the actual design either. Of any of these. I think it is poor QC. I said I was a dick to make the point 50 times. Even if it is my personal viewpoint. I realize what I have done is akin to going into a Ford forum and saying Chevy is better. I was just prompted to do this out of my own frustration. I will agree this was the wrong thread to do so. Unless anyone else mentions the comparison or failures again I will also refrain from doing so. Yeah, I was wrong and I admit it. I could have stated my piece and been done with it. I shall not continue to do so unless there is something specifically to comment on. Like Manny actually sends it for repair after it falls apart and maybe he will get it back in his lifetime. Take from that what you will. Not my cup of tea that's all. I did not need to write a Thesis about it however. In retrospect I realize that does not make anyone very happy.
She is nice looking.....IMAG1883_1.jpgIMAG1885.jpgIMAG1884.jpgIMAG1763_1_1.jpg

Jaguar07

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I've had the complete opposite experience with my Lost Vape products. I own 2 Triades and a duo. I've had the duo for 4 months and the trades for 3 months. All are mint, no chipping, running strong, and I don't baby them. I don't take the duo and one of the triades out of the house. I personally think there solid devices from my experience. All be it I've only had them for 4 months. I'll keep an eye on them and if anything messes up, I'll be the first to let you guys know. For the money I paid they better not be garbage. I guess only time will tell.
May your luck continue to hold. My only Lost Vape product is a Triade DNA 200 and the board and device function, 100%, the finish started peeling on day 90 or so, using it Only in the house. It never left my desk even. Now I'm seriously considering sending my Triade and my old RX 200 in for paint jobs. My Vapor Shark Vapor Flask DNA 133 has never had a single issue, with finish or function. At $170 retail, a tad more pricey, and not as powerful as a 3 cell, but I love the way a VF feels in my hand.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
May your luck continue to hold. My only Lost Vape product is a Triade DNA 200 and the board and device function, 100%, the finish started peeling on day 90 or so, using it Only in the house. It never left my desk even. Now I'm seriously considering sending my Triade and my old RX 200 in for paint jobs. My Vapor Shark Vapor Flask DNA 133 has never had a single issue, with finish or function. At $170 retail, a tad more pricey, and not as powerful as a 3 cell, but I love the way a VF feels in my hand.
Sometimes you have to customize your Mod to a bullet proof mod you enjoy your way....... Every cent you invest pays in the long run......
My Triade was peeling after a week......
IMAG1890_1.jpgIMAG1889_1.jpg

Attachments

• IMAG1967.jpg
    IMAG1967.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 22

VU Sponsors