Become a Patron!

Lost Vape Cyborg Kit

I_aint_Joe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Introduction

As soon as I unboxed the Cyborg 100w kit, I knew exactly how this review was going to go – the mod is huge. The size isn’t necessarily a pro or a con, it’s just the overwhelming impression that you’re struck by.

Of course, there’s far more to the Cyborg kit than just its size...

DSC00084.jpg
More Images are here

What do you get?

• 1× Cyborg Quest 100W Box Mod
  • 1× 5ml UB Pro Pod Tank
  • 1× 0.15ohm UB Pro P1 Coil
  • 1× 0.3ohm UB Pro P3 Coil
  • 1× 18650 Battery Adapter
  • Spares, manual, type-C cable, etc
First impressions

The mod has a very solid and well put together feel, the finish is good, and the buttons have a nice click to them – the downside to all of this is that not only is the mod huge, it’s also got a lot of weight to it, the Cyborg can’t really be considered a pocket friendly mod.

The Cyborg has a screw in battery-cap – this is where personal preferences come into play, I like this type of battery-cap, it’s certainly not the most convenient, but it is the most secure and least likely to fail with continued use.

The mod claims to take up to a 32mm atomizer, which I can’t confirm as I don’t have anything that large, I can however confirm that it takes my 28.4mm Fat Rabbit RTA with room to spare, so 32mm seems plausible.

The UB Pro tank however is a little strange, at first glance it appears to be a magnetic pod-mod style tank with a 510 adapter, but in reality it’s a normal stock-coil tank that screws into its base conventionally.

DSC000a94.jpg

Using the mod

Obviously this is not a DNA mod, so you’re losing some of the functions that Lost Vape’s DNA mods offer – but neither is it priced like a DNA mod.

The Quest 2.0 it is one of the nicer proprietary chipsets that I’ve used, with almost all of the functions that I require, and more importantly everything is easily navigated with the same three button setup as Lost Vape’s DNA mods.

The Quest 2.0 chipset offers wattage, power curve, bypass, voltage and temp control modes, it has user profiles, six display colors, brightness setting, etc.

Overall, the Quest 2.0 is such a good proprietary chipset that it really makes me wonder if it’s worth paying two or three times as much for a DNA mod, unless you really care about themes or super accurate temp control.

DSC00091.jpg

Using the tank

The main issues with the tank have nothing to do with its performance, it’s the tank’s aesthetics and materials – it looks and feels like something you’d get on a pod-mod. It does come with a removable 810 drip-tip, however due to it being the style with o-rings on the drip-tip, most 810s (at least most of mine) won’t fit and the refill is a rubber bung on the side.

With the above issues, it had better vape well.

• UB Pro P1 0.15ohm - this coil is rated from 70-90w, but I never found any need to take it above 70w. It’s actually a really nice coil, it wicks well, there are no noticeable drops in flavor during prolonged use and most importantly, it gave me good flavor and a nice overall vape.
  • UB Pro P3 0.3ohm - this coil is rated from 60-70w and against, I found it to perform best at the low end of its recommended range. At 60w, it’s a nice vape, just with performance dialed down a notch from that of the P1 coil.
Overall, I’d say that while the coils aren’t groundbreaking game-changers, they do give nice flavor and they don’t have any negative points. I’d be happy vaping either of them on a daily basis.

Conclusion

I think the only thing you have to ask yourself when considering this kit is: “Is the size of the mod going to cause me issues?” - that’s it. As a desk mod, or for someone who puts their mod in a bag, there shouldn’t be any problems.

I like this mod, the chipset is great, it feels really sturdy, and it takes up to 32mm atomizers.

Disclaimer

The Lost Vape Cyborg Kit was provided for the purposes of this review by Sourcemore who have provided me with the code CQ100K which reduces the price from $55 to $37.99

Attachments

• DSC00094.jpg
    DSC00094.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 1

VU Sponsors