Become a Patron!

Looking to buy an RTA. Need suggestions

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
i use a griffin mini all day with about 94% vg at 50 ish watts and never get a dry hit
yeah, i've had the griffin for a very long time. I run it around 70watts and never had an issue, but i just lowered my nicotine so i'm constantly hitting it, taking longer drags more often. The wicking just isnt keeping up.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Drop o' nic goes a long way. Why suffer, you weren't at a high nic level to begin with.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Drop o' nic goes a long way. Why suffer, you weren't at a high nic level to begin with.

i make juice for 7 people, 6 of them use 3mg. I would like to be able to share juices without having to make another bottle or changing my recipes all the time. Plus i wouldn't go through as much nicotine so it'll save a little money and make it last longer. I wouldn't say those are good reasons, but they're reason enough for me lol

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm not a fan of the original Cleito tank. I haven't tried the big one but I have the Exo. It doesn't get as hot and has a top airflow design. The Exo with the regular Cleito .4 SS coils is awesome for flavor. That combo of tank/coil is easily my favorite sub tank. I ditched the Exo coils immediately. They are too wide and run at higher wattage.
I haven't tried the exo but plan on doing and maybe the original cleito has too much airflow for you?!

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have to say, I have been using a Big Baby for the last 6 months or so. Since then I have bought many different things, but I always go back to my Big Baby. One of the tanks I bought was a Griffin, but flavor wise it just wasn't up to par with my Big Baby. This has really been the problem with all the tanks I have gotten. The air flow is nice, as well, IMHO. Wide open it gives plenty of flow, but still packs in the flavor. And out of all my times wicking, it has only leaked once and it was because I wasn't paying attention when I did it.
Gotta say I love my big baby too! Use it daily & most rebuildables I've tried don't compete. Guess most wouldn't agree :(

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Right now I have a couple SS317L fused claptons in the dual coil engine, .13 ohm build on a parallel mech which comes out to around 105-130 watts, no dry hits whatsoever, been chain vaping this setup the last week taking 2-3 second pulls often :)

Got the engine and it’s not keeping up. Starts to burn at 70 watts. Using ss316 fused claptons at .22 ohms. Idk maybe I have too much cotton or need a different build.

Edit: still getting dry hits at 60 watts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pescadore

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My favorite RTA is my Ammit 25 !!! Great flavor, fairly easy to build on, and best of all, IT DON'T LEAK. In fact, when I get paid on the 1st I am ordering 2 more. 1 for my Revenant that is coming back from the shop and 1 for my new Hexohm V3 that should be here Thursday.

CactusFanaticus

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Got the engine and it’s not keeping up. Starts to burn at 70 watts. Using ss316 fused claptons at .22 ohms. Idk maybe I have too much cotton or need a different build.

Edit: still getting dry hits at 60 watts.

I got some dry hits for the first time today after rewicking and getting it a bit too tight stuffed in the holes. Try stuffing the wick looser and let us know how it goes, you can get by with a lot looser than most RTA’s since you don’t have to worry about leaking out like a bottom airflow. If you got it too loose it would probably just gurgle and flood instead of leak. Another thing I like about it is you don’t have to empty it to rewick, just unscrew upside down and sit the tank part upside down while rewicking.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Try stuffing the wick a bit looser and let us know how it goes, you can get by with a lot looser than most RTA’s since you don’t have to worry about leaking out like a bottom airflow. If you got it too loose it would probably just gurgle and flood instead of leak. Another thing I like about it is you don’t have to empty it to rewick, just unscrew upside down and sit the tank part upside down while rewicking.

How far down in the hole (if at all) do you stuff the cotton?

CactusFanaticus

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I go just barely into the holes, check out how mike vapes wicked it in his review when you get a chance, similar to what I shoot for.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I go just barely into the holes, check out how mike vapes wicked it in his review when you get a chance, similar to what I shoot for.

I did watch that last night, but I guess I didn't trust him lol.

My brain thinks, what's stopping juice from flowing into the chamber if there's no cotton?

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Wicked it again. Gurgles the first few Vapes but calms down if I chain. I’ll play with the wattage too.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Some people will have you believe the coils only last a day (I get weeks).
Yeah I get 4 weeks out of my X4 coils. I will get the exo tank to try on Saturday. The spitting issue of the og cleito always did my head in and it leaked too!

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My favorite RTA is my Ammit 25 !!! Great flavor, fairly easy to build on, and best of all, IT DON'T LEAK. In fact, when I get paid on the 1st I am ordering 2 more. 1 for my Revenant that is coming back from the shop and 1 for my new Hexohm V3 that should be here Thursday.
The ammit RTA'S are great! Only problem with mine like with my kylin is I end up with liquid on my 510

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
@Mykreign If you're still having problems with Engine I believe you are not thinning your tails enough. Sorry, I just found these posts. I leave a good shoulder and thin tails quite a bit. I cut wick to where they just touch the deck. No gurgles or dry hits with KGD.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@Mykreign If you're still having problems with Engine I believe you are not thinning your tails enough. Sorry, I just found these posts. I leave a good shoulder and thin tails quite a bit. I cut wick to where they just touch the deck. No gurgles or dry hits with KGD.

I just cranked up the watts and the gurgle went away

VU Sponsors