Become a Patron!

Looking for upgrade from crown

ozsa

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hey guys,

I've been using the uwell crown with 0.5ohm coils for more than a year now. At first they were very good but for a few months now the coils just suck. I ordered them from fasttech and checked if they are authentic (they always were) but no matter how hard I prime and wait with them before using, also starting very low, 25W to max 32W (using just an istick 50w) they just taste dry and cottony, my solution to this was to wash the coils after a few days, let them dry up and reuse them again. After washing they became very good but the last few coils I bought suck even after washing.

So I tried the crown RBA, the horizontal build was sucky, dry hits and not much flavor, then I did vertical build, its better I guess but still not as good as the first coils from uwell. ( vertical 0.3ohm 2.5mm diameter 24awg about 5 wraps ).

I was thinking of getting a new RTA like the Augvape Merlin RTA but I read here that after a few months it leaked worse and worse for a lot of people. Now I'd need something simple RTA, that has a lot of room inside, so its not a hassle to build simple coils (nothing fancy, no double coils or those twisted new stuff), I would be buying a new mod for it, like Smoktech SMOK H-Priv 220W or anything that's reliable, I won't ever need 200W, maybe not even 100W. I just want something that is relatively easy to build, with lots of room, no dry hits and no god damn leakage. Something that has at least 4ml tank. I vape only mint liquids, I make them myself 50/50 14mg nic, very simple stuff, maybe 3-4 times a year I add a little vanilla / melon but mint is my base.

If this is the wrong place to ask this question, just move my thread. Thanks!

ozsa

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Get a Boreas for $20. Imo best bang for the buck Rta out there. Easy to build and wick as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

That looks just like the merlin rta, gonna check it out, 7ml tank, nice :D

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It's a little different. Dual coil instead of single coil plus you get 2 decks. No seepage issues as well. Think of it as a frugal vapers Aromamizer Supreme. The Merlin is a side feed deck the Boreas is a bottom feed.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Get a Boreas for $20. Imo best bang for the buck Rta out there. Easy to build and wick as well.

I second that, the Boreas is a wonderful all around Tank. My top favorite Tanks are

30mm - The Modfather
Best all around tank - The Boreas
MTL - Kayfun V5

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hey guys,

I've been using the uwell crown with 0.5ohm coils for more than a year now. At first they were very good but for a few months now the coils just suck. I ordered them from fasttech and checked if they are authentic (they always were) but no matter how hard I prime and wait with them before using, also starting very low, 25W to max 32W (using just an istick 50w) they just taste dry and cottony, my solution to this was to wash the coils after a few days, let them dry up and reuse them again. After washing they became very good but the last few coils I bought suck even after washing.

So I tried the crown RBA, the horizontal build was sucky, dry hits and not much flavor, then I did vertical build, its better I guess but still not as good as the first coils from uwell. ( vertical 0.3ohm 2.5mm diameter 24awg about 5 wraps ).

I was thinking of getting a new RTA like the Augvape Merlin RTA but I read here that after a few months it leaked worse and worse for a lot of people. Now I'd need something simple RTA, that has a lot of room inside, so its not a hassle to build simple coils (nothing fancy, no double coils or those twisted new stuff), I would be buying a new mod for it, like Smoktech SMOK H-Priv 220W or anything that's reliable, I won't ever need 200W, maybe not even 100W. I just want something that is relatively easy to build, with lots of room, no dry hits and no god damn leakage. Something that has at least 4ml tank. I vape only mint liquids, I make them myself 50/50 14mg nic, very simple stuff, maybe 3-4 times a year I add a little vanilla / melon but mint is my base.

If this is the wrong place to ask this question, just move my thread. Thanks!
Boreas and Smok alien mod Total cost will be around 70 bucks if you shop around. the tank is 20 and the mod should be around 40-50
e4d14ec197ed7bebc32ec33b22ac5cad.jpg

ozsa

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I just checked a few videos about the Boreas and they say its a cloud chaser, well I don't care for clouds to be honest, I just want it to taste good and not leak. Can the Boreas work with a single coil ssl 24awg or you must have dual ? I just checked fasttech, https://www.fasttech.com/products/3024/10020352/5992900 so this alien mod with TFV8 Baby clearo for 58$ ? That's cheap right ? Checked a video of the baby aswell, can someone tell me if this is real ?
so the guy opens the coil after using it for one week. Look at how clean that is, my coils are dark as fuck after a week of usage (uwell crown).
Oh I just realized the baby does not have a rebuildable coil.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Like others have said it's a great all around tank. Yes you can chuck clouds on it depending on your build and air flow but you also get great flavor if you use it for a restrictive mtl hit. It's just a versatile tank.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I just checked a few videos about the Boreas and they say its a cloud chaser, well I don't care for clouds to be honest, I just want it to taste good and not leak. Can the Boreas work with a single coil ssl 24awg or you must have dual ? I just checked fasttech, https://www.fasttech.com/products/3024/10020352/5992900 so this alien mod with TFV8 Baby clearo for 58$ ? That's cheap right ? Checked a video of the baby aswell, can someone tell me if this is real ?
so the guy opens the coil after using it for one week. Look at how clean that is, my coils are dark as fuck after a week of usage (uwell crown).
Oh I just realized the baby does not have a rebuildable coil.
IDK it's all opinion sometimes. to me the boreas isn't a cloud chucker (reviewers tend to exaggerate IMO or compare it to weaker tanks they used) I mean compared to the TFV8 or most RDAs like the tsunami the boreas barely has clouds lol. It is however a great tank for flavor. doesn't leak has 2 build decks. I never tried a single coil but I don't see why it wouldn't work. It should work just fine.

you can use vapecrawler.com to check pricing. it's like google for vape gear. ecig.com is sold out but was selling the kit for around that price IIRC so yeah that price is pretty good. for me smok coils last about 2 weeks and I vape pretty heavily. the baby beast doesn't have an RBA deck included but it does have 1 you can buy for extra. Personally I'd just get the boreas and alien separate if you want an RTA. The cheapest I see for the mod right now is 45 bucks and the boreas is about 20 so 65 total for it.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Flavor is great with it, I own 5 Crowns and believe you'll be happy with the Boreas. Also check out the Kayfun V5 for a single coil. More restrictive air but open the afc up it's a loose MTL or restrictive DTL. Compares roughly to running the RBA deck on the Crown as to airflow. The Clones are hit and miss so I very highly recommend getting the SXK Clone. Excellent quality and you seriously really can't detect a difference with the Authentic. I got 5 of them from 3Fvape for around $24 each.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Because of the bottom feed in the Boreas I don't think you can run a single coil. Unless you figure out a way to plug up the two open juice flow holes on the bottom of the deck.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Because of the bottom feed in the Boreas I don't think you can run a single coil. Unless you figure out a way to plug up the two open juice flow holes on the bottom of the deck.

you could just lay a cotton bed over it or plug it up with some cotton. Even if you didn't the sides aren't separate so it would just allow more juice in which will get soaked up by your wick anyway. it may flood, I haven't tried it, but again worse case stuck some cotton in the holes

ozsa

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Flavor is great with it, I own 5 Crowns and believe you'll be happy with the Boreas. Also check out the Kayfun V5 for a single coil. More restrictive air but open the afc up it's a loose MTL or restrictive DTL. Compares roughly to running the RBA deck on the Crown as to airflow. The Clones are hit and miss so I very highly recommend getting the SXK Clone. Excellent quality and you seriously really can't detect a difference with the Authentic. I got 5 of them from 3Fvape for around $24 each.

Which SXK Clone you mean ? tell me the full name or a link. Is it this one https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10006473/5374600-sxk-kayfun-v5-mini-styled-rta-rebuildable-tank ?

How many times you guys need to rewick and recoil the Boreas? Because if you do it like weekly, I'd rather get something that is less of a hassle :D That alien mod looks fine, I'm gonna get that for sure and try out the baby clearo (its like 9$ with the mod, what the hell). I like how the Boreas is made, can you build double 0.3 0.4ohm coils with it and use it with 50-60W or it needs much higher ?

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Which SXK Clone you mean ? tell me the full name or a link. Is it this one https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10006473/5374600-sxk-kayfun-v5-mini-styled-rta-rebuildable-tank ?

How many times you guys need to rewick and recoil the Boreas? Because if you do it like weekly, I'd rather get something that is less of a hassle :D That alien mod looks fine, I'm gonna get that for sure and try out the baby clearo (its like 9$ with the mod, what the hell). I like how the Boreas is made, can you build double 0.3 0.4ohm coils with it and use it with 50-60W or it needs much higher ?
the bores i built mine at .17 IIRC need to rewick once a week and change coils every other week. it's easy to change them out and you can build a spare since it has 2 build decks and easily swap it out

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If I were looking to get another that I was to build on I'd get another Limitless RDTA Plus or Ijoy Combo RDTA.
If I were looking for a stock coil tank I'd get another Apire Cleito (regular, not 120) or a Tobeco Super Tank.
For mods I'd look at the one you are already or the SMOK Alien.
You can get the Alien in a kit that comes with the Baby Beast. (good tank)
You can also get the H-Priv in a kit with the Micro TFV4. (better tank)

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you just want a large tank look at the Ohmega Beast, Ohmega Alpha BFT, or CCI Triforce 30mm.
All three of those are 30mm tanks that hold between 7 - 12ml.

ozsa

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Paratech thanks for the suggestions. The limitless RDTA seems so complicated, never seen those vertical coils without cotton on them, it is interesting but the coils are way too up, it must produce very hot clouds, I like cool vapes, that's why I'm also using mint only. 4ml (up to 7maybe) capacity is OK I just don't like those that have 2-3ml. I have a feeling that in the end I'm gonna get more than one tanks. When the crown coils started to taste bad, I was thinking of quitting but smoking was always my hardest addiction, feeling physically sick for months without it (never tried to quit vaping in the 4years I'm doing).

Thanks for all the suggestions, I'll let you know once I decide / order, this forum is by far the most helpful and I've been on the net for more than 20 years!

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

http://www.3fvape.com/rebuildable-a...earch_query=Kayfun+V5&results=36#.WAoPmMtlBnE

Here's the Mini
http://www.3fvape.com/rebuildable-a...earch_query=Kayfun+V5&results=36#.WAoP-ctlBnE

Rewick the Boreas? It all depends on the juice like any other tank.

ozsa

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I've been looking at this limitless RDA, but I don't get something, the wick is just let down to absorb the juice but what if the tank is like half empty ? The cotton does not even get close to the bottom of the tank, do you constantly have to fill it up to 70%+ ? Oh btw I just rememberd I do own eleaf lemo 1 and 2, could never use either of them. The 1 just simply didn't have any airflow once its put together and the 2nd leaked horribly..the kayfun reminds of the lemos.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I've been looking at this limitless RDA, but I don't get something, the wick is just let down to absorb the juice but what if the tank is like half empty ? The cotton does not even get close to the bottom of the tank, do you constantly have to fill it up to 70%+ ? Oh btw I just rememberd I do own eleaf lemo 1 and 2, could never use either of them. The 1 just simply didn't have any airflow once its put together and the 2nd leaked horribly..the kayfun reminds of the lemos.
2 things to this
1) If you want a genny style, personally I think the avacado 24 is better then the limitless
2) You can wick it so that they just touch the holes without going all the way through and it still works fine because as you tilt to take a hit the juice hits the wick anyway

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer

Did it like that last night. worked great actually.

fl8ygn.jpg

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You either use long wicks to reach the bottom or tilt it.

Surprised nobody mentioned the Supreme.
Boreas is great, Supreme is better, has JFC that the bores doesn't, comes with various size tanks has an option for a single coil and now also comes with a postless deck option.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
2 things to this
1) If you want a genny style, personally I think the avacado 24 is better then the limitless
2) You can wick it so that they just touch the holes without going all the way through and it still works fine because as you tilt to take a hit the juice hits the wick anyway
Yep I just extend the wick to where the glass starts (just a smidge before) and when I Vape I just insure I tilt it when it's in my hand.

Also I do have the Limitless Plus and have Vaped on the Avocado, I do have to say I believe the Avocado is a bit better. I just don't like the wasted space due to the juice door. The Limitless Plus is way to airy, that is until I put a huge coil in it and Vape it on my series mods, it then gives an acceptable vape.

I just got in 2 Vgod Trick Tank Pro's (black and SS versions) and I have to say so far I'm very, very impressed with it. Excellent build quality, (I do mean excellent), airflow is just right, huge build deck and one really excellent Vape. I need a bit more time to spend with it but seriously I'm very impressed with it.

ozsa

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
You either use long wicks to reach the bottom or tilt it.

Surprised nobody mentioned the Supreme.
Boreas is great, Supreme is better, has JFC that the bores doesn't, comes with various size tanks has an option for a single coil and now also comes with a postless deck option.

Do you talk about this ? https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10018387/4414100-authentic-steam-crave-aromamizer-supreme-rdta
Man I have options now :D
Do you guys have like dozens of tanks and rbas? I see some reviewers shelves full of hardware :D
BTW, about the crown tank, some guy I met IRL told me that the bad taste could come from the tank (quartz glass) itself, it is weird to me as well that every coil sucks for a few months, it's supposed to be stainless steel build and I wash it in very hot water every time I replace coil/wick.
Also for the Boreas/Supreme or any other RBA, is normal hand made stainless steel coil ok or you need these special twisted/flat coils?

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Do you talk about this ? https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10018387/4414100-authentic-steam-crave-aromamizer-supreme-rdta
Do you guys have like dozens of tanks and rbas? I see some reviewers shelves full of hardware :D
BTW, about the crown tank, some guy I met IRL told me that the bad taste could come from the tank (quartz glass) itself, it is weird to me as well that every coil sucks for a few months, it's supposed to be stainless steel build and I wash it in very hot water every time I replace coil/wick.
Also for the Boreas/Supreme or any other RBA, is normal hand made stainless steel coil ok or you need these special twisted/flat coils?
normal coils are fine. I don't' have a supreme but i have a boreas. from my understanding the supreme is basically a better more expensive version of the boreas. I do plan to get one sometime. Most people here have acquired quite a bit of vaping gear. it's like any hobby you start collecting stuff

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes that's the one I have and this one doesn't include the single coil plug.
Check out steamcrave site for the various options: http://www.steamcrave.com/

When building you can use either plain or complex coils with varying results and vape quality.

Last edited:

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Yeah two things happened to me, I started going down the Rabbit Hole, the Government Stool Samples like the FDA and State Legislature puppets fuckery got me stockpiling.

Last count of gear had me at over 50 RDA's, around 40 Tanks, somewhere around 40 or so Mech's and so on. So yeah, I've got a huge stockpile, most of it is in storage stored with silicon gel packs to protect against moisture. Chunk of this is to take care of me but since I'm able to do it I've also stock up on gear so if any close friends and family decide to get off the Stinkies after the FDApocolypse I'm prepared to help them.

rant
The Government Stool Samples can kiss my ass, I will not be forced back to Tobacco and I will do everything I can to help those get off of Tobacco. I could give a Rat's Ass about the Puppets of Big Pharma in Government. They are truly scum and not worth the time to scrap off my boot.
/rant

ozsa

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Holy shit, that's a lot of hardware :D
I'm gonna buy the supreme and alien mod both in SS silver I just noticed that they all have black drip tips, fasttech sells a billion types of them, do you guys have any that stands out for some reason? I'm fine with the crown SS drip tip but it gets pretty dirty in a few days and it sticks a lot, maybe plastic/rubber is better ? Hit me up with your favourite drip tip (need it in silver, preferably longer than wider)

EDIT: btw, nitecore D4 charger with samsung 25R batteries are good enough for this alien mod ? Also if anyone buys from fasttech, you know of any premade good coils for the supreme ? I remember premade coils were cheap as hell for some other devices, good to have a few in the bank for lazy days :D

Last edited:

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm using a silver friction fit dotmod drip tip with my Supreme.
FT have clones.

gfdeputy2

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I also agree with the Boreas if you are looking for an RTA I have two of them & are great RTA's
I also have a Merlin no leaking issues but not sure you would like it. It is a pretty tight draw compared to a crown. Another good setup I just got is the Limitless XL great flavor & cloud production coils are a little pricey & sucks down the juice but it also comes with 2 really nice sized build decks one single coil & one duel coil deck

@Ro55co same here stocking up just in case loads of coils, tanks, mods, GUNS & AMMO for mostly the same reason

ozsa

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Well I'm set on the supreme now, it looks just like the Boreas. Waiting for fasttech support to reply then I'm gonna order everything. Will order an Innokin endura T22 for testing, hoping to turn my parents to vape, failed with old cartomizers, maybe this one is good enough, its cheap and I read most smokers like it.
What is your favourite coil material for the Boreas/Supreme ? I've got SS 316L.
About cotton, I made my crown rba with this at first https://www.fasttech.com/products/0...hentic-muji-rectangle-cotton-wick-for-rda-rta ( or maybe a 5pack but I think its this) and I had dry hits many times, the cotton couldn't suck up enough juice in time (even when I'm only vaping 0.3ohm @ 25W) then I wicked again with this https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10018327/3890502-fiber-freaks-cotton-blend-wicks and it sucks juice like mad, even so much that if I turn the tank on its side, it actually leaks out, about 5-6drops. After a refill, 5-6 drops leak again, from the air hole.

Now I'm thinking what cotton should I get for the supreme tank, https://www.fasttech.com/products/0...hentic-puff-rectangle-organic-cotton-wick-for this is good value, or muji has 140 for 7~$. The fiber freaks really work better but the crown RBA has almost not space to wick (vertical build) that's why I guess it had dry hits, also very small juice holes on them. What do you guys use?

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well I'm set on the supreme now, it looks just like the Boreas. Waiting for fasttech support to reply then I'm gonna order everything. Will order an Innokin endura T22 for testing, hoping to turn my parents to vape, failed with old cartomizers, maybe this one is good enough, its cheap and I read most smokers like it.
What is your favourite coil material for the Boreas/Supreme ? I've got SS 316L.
About cotton, I made my crown rba with this at first https://www.fasttech.com/products/0...hentic-muji-rectangle-cotton-wick-for-rda-rta ( or maybe a 5pack but I think its this) and I had dry hits many times, the cotton couldn't suck up enough juice in time (even when I'm only vaping 0.3ohm @ 25W) then I wicked again with this https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10018327/3890502-fiber-freaks-cotton-blend-wicks and it sucks juice like mad, even so much that if I turn the tank on its side, it actually leaks out, about 5-6drops. After a refill, 5-6 drops leak again, from the air hole.

Now I'm thinking what cotton should I get for the supreme tank, https://www.fasttech.com/products/0...hentic-puff-rectangle-organic-cotton-wick-for this is good value, or muji has 140 for 7~$. The fiber freaks really work better but the crown RBA has almost not space to wick (vertical build) that's why I guess it had dry hits, also very small juice holes on them. What do you guys use?
My favorite is 317L, bit more difficult to find but I prefer it over 316L. They're very similar but I prefer 317L due to it has a bit higher resistance, matters since I run Mech's.

Cotton, my mainstay go to is Koh gen Do, 80 very large pads for $11 from Amazon, Muji is good stuff but I prefer the larger pads and the consistency better with Koh gen Do.

Wicking the RBA deck of the Crown I, I use a sorta angled pancake wick with a horizontal coil wrapped around a 2mm di. Took a while to get it right but that works best for me on the Crown. I still keep the Crown with the RBA deck in my regular rotation.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
My favorite is 317L, bit more difficult to find but I prefer it over 316L. They're very similar but I prefer 317L due to it has a bit higher resistance, matters since I run Mech's.

Cotton, my mainstay go to is Koh gen Do, 80 very large pads for $11 from Amazon, Muji is good stuff but I prefer the larger pads and the consistency better with Koh gen Do.

Wicking the RBA deck of the Crown I, I use a sorta angled pancake wick with a horizontal coil wrapped around a 2mm di. Took a while to get it right but that works best for me on the Crown. I still keep the Crown with the RBA deck in my regular rotation.
Hey man, just want to say thanks. I have 6 Crowns. I bought a couple of RBA sections for them just in case I'd need them for the pending Vapocalypse. When I bought them months and months ago I never thought I'd use them because at that time I really wasn't into building and a was just using stock coils. Now I've been building for almost a year now but I still thought that tiny deck was intimidating even though I never tried it. Thanks to you I just built it for the first time. All I can say is wow! I'm using a 2mm wrap ohming out at .22 in SS 316 on my Slice at 35 watts,and the vape is fantastic. Thx bro.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey man, just want to say thanks. I have 6 Crowns. I bought a couple of RBA sections for them just in case I'd need them for the pending Vapocalypse. When I bought them months and months ago I never thought I'd use them because at that time I really wasn't into building and a was just using stock coils. Now I've been building for almost a year now but I still thought that tiny deck was intimidating even though I never tried it. Thanks to you I just built it for the first time. All I can say is wow! I'm using a 2mm wrap ohming out at .22 in SS 316 on my Slice at 35 watts,and the vape is fantastic. Thx bro.

Excellent, glad I could help.

The wicking is the trickiest part but once you get it right you know and each build after is fine. I usually run either a 30x2/36 or 32x2/38 SS fused clapton in mine around 0.4. That puts me around the same Watt range (35w) on my Mech's and it puts out one damn fine Vape.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Excellent, glad I could help.

The wicking is the trickiest part but once you get it right you know and each build after is fine. I usually run either a 30x2/36 or 32x2/38 SS fused clapton in mine around 0.4. That puts me around the same Watt range (35w) on my Mech's and it puts out one damn fine Vape.
Yeah, I didn't find it that hard to wick. I used a simple coil, 24ga 316 SS with 5 wraps. I wicked it using the rabbit ears technique and she's keeping up just fine. Really suprised at how good the vape is. It's just as good if not better than the .25 coil and at less than half the wattage in tc.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, I didn't find it that hard to wick. I used a simple coil, 24ga 316 SS with 5 wraps. I wicked it using the rabbit ears technique and she's keeping up just fine. Really suprised at how good the vape is. It's just as good if not better than the .25 coil and at less than half the wattage in tc.

Wait till you pop a micro SS Fused Clapton in her! Also try a 30g or a 32g twisted SS coil, that works pretty damn close to a fused clapton in the Crown also.

ozsa

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
im using RA-D tank. its easier no need to recoil. check this out!

That does look interesting but how how do you get the coil for it ?

On a coil related topic, since I'm waiting for my supreme and everything, I tried to coil and wick the uwell crown rba like 5times, the only thing that worked for a week was the vertical build with my best cotton (fabric freak) but the normal japanese cottons didn't really last for more than a day (they started to taste bad). I tried every method possible, the vertical build is somewhat better but the air flow is reduced a lot and it's really a hassle to do it (with 24awg coil). Now I'm trying horizontal builds but still after a few hours the taste starts to go bad, there is no more option for me to use this crown rba, so I'm gonna drill more juice holes in it because something is fishy with it. I'm only vaping at 20W (0.3ohm coil) and still the cotton turns brown in a few hours (using pure mint liquid). Oh yeah..my question. How much should a SS 316L last if it's only 0.3ohm and using it at 20-25W ? I read people using coils for 2weeks and more but they don't have this low wattage, everyone using it at 40W-80W. What is better ? Higher wattage for shorter puffs (1-2sec) or low wattage for 3-5second puffs. I'm using it at halfway closed airholes, maybe I need to do deeper hits ? suck it harder so the juice refills faster ? I really don't understand how this uwell crown rba is supposed to work without drilling new juice holes in it.

VU Sponsors