Become a Patron!

Looking for something classy

CHIEFTANG

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm getting into mechanical mods and I want something that is reasonably priced that will look classy with my black royal hunter rda. Any suggestions?

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
You'll have to be a little more specific and give some more info.

Are you familiar with battery safety and OHMs law?

What type of mech are you looking for? Tube or box?

CHIEFTANG

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm learning. I want to get all the pieces together first, including a stand for my collection, coil jig kit, etc first. I've been reading and know there are calculators out there all I have to do is take my coil resistance and 4.2v and plug them in to make sure I'm running it safe. Generally above a .14ohm build. I'm looking for a tube mod that takes one 18650 battery. Price range is $0.00-$150 or so.

CHIEFTANG

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You'll have to be a little more specific and give some more info.

Are you familiar with battery safety and OHMs law?

What type of mech are you looking for? Tube or box?

I'm learning. I want to get all the pieces together first, including a stand for my collection, coil jig kit, etc first. I've been reading and know there are calculators out there all I have to do is take my coil resistance and 4.2v and plug them in to make sure I'm running it safe. Generally above a .14ohm build. I'm looking for a tube mod that takes one 18650 battery. Price range is $0.00-$150 or so.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
DON'T forget battery safety. It's a critical piece of the safety equation.

There are many clones out there reasonably priced. Personally, I would recomend something like the vanilla copper sky mod. It has an adjustable pin in the cap for your atty, and conducts well because it's copper.

I would avoid hybrid mechs, until you are more experienced.

CHIEFTANG

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
DON'T forget battery safety. It's a critical piece of the safety equation.

There are many clones out there reasonably priced. Personally, I would recomend something like the vanilla copper sky mod. It has an adjustable pin in the cap for your atty, and conducts well because it's copper.

I would avoid hybrid mechs, until you are more experienced.

Thanks for the advice! Currently my plan is to get a simple clone to learn on, and with help from the amazing people at my local vape shop, learn what it takes to mech vape. I posted this thread to help me find something with the aesthetic that I'm looking for, something I can work my way up to using.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Well, hopefully your vape shop guys ARE actually educated with ohms law and building.

Most here tell horror stories of idiots at the B&M's.

Remember, since you are using a mech, you'll absolutely NEED an ohm meter. MUST have.

CHIEFTANG

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, hopefully your vape shop guys ARE actually educated with ohms law and building.

Most here tell horror stories of idiots at the B&M's.

Remember, since you are using a mech, you'll absolutely NEED an ohm meter. MUST have.

I just ordered the coil master jig kit v2 and an ohm Meter comes included! :D

CHIEFTANG

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Smart buy.

When I started vaping and using mechs, you had to buy everything separate.

Yeah I realized that and that's why when I saw the kit I was like "holy crap this is all I need to fully get into coil building and mech mods!" I started doing research immediately and saved up! It actually just shipped out about 30 minutes ago!

Anyhow, do you know where I could get an extremely custom mod? Like I said I have this beautiful black Royal hunter and I want something that complements it by being functional and elegant.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
An "extremely custom" mod will most likely entail a box mod. You'll be out of your 150 dollar budget before you start.

If you want to get into that end of things, you'll need about 300 to start.

Just pick up a clone tube mod to start. There is a HUGE variety to choose from. You could even get custom work done.

In the hardware for sale section, there is a sexy vanilla sky tube mod, with custom patina, for 165 right now. Well worth his asking price.

CHIEFTANG

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
An "extremely custom" mod will most likely entail a box mod. You'll be out of your 150 dollar budget before you start.

If you want to get into that end of things, you'll need about 300 to start.

Just pick up a clone tube mod to start. There is a HUGE variety to choose from. You could even get custom work done.

In the hardware for sale section, there is a sexy vanilla sky tube mod, with custom patina, for 165 right now. Well worth his asking price.

Could you post the link possibly?

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
A black SMPL mod would be about as slick as you could get. Saw a few pics of a black SMPL with a black royal hunter on google images. Super clean. SMPL's have a hybrid 510 connection so you would have to ensure your rda has a properly protruding positive pin. If you're gonna get into mechs you'll have to learn about hybrid connections anyway. Happy hunting.

CHIEFTANG

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A black SMPL mod would be about as slick as you could get. Saw a few pics of a black SMPL with a black royal hunter on google images. Super clean. SMPL's have a hybrid 510 connection so you would have to ensure your rda has a properly protruding positive pin. If you're gonna get into mechs you'll have to learn about hybrid connections anyway. Happy hunting.
Thank you!

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Actually you will want to stay above .20 or actually .22 to keep a real safety cushion there.
Do not ever build on pulse period.
Get a inline volt meter, an ohm meter and for batteries stick to only samsung 25r or sony vtc4.
25r is 20 amp constant with a high pulse but build for 20 amp.
Vtc4 30 amp with a high pulse but only build for 30 amp.

Keep the pulse for the safety cushion, anything else and you are looking at from classy to assy really fast.

CHIEFTANG

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Actually you will want to stay above .20 or actually .22 to keep a real safety cushion there.
Do not ever build on pulse period.
Get a inline volt meter, an ohm meter and for batteries stick to only samsung 25r or sony vtc4.
25r is 20 amp constant with a high pulse but build for 20 amp.
Vtc4 30 amp with a high pulse but only build for 30 amp.

Keep the pulse for the safety cushion, anything else and you are looking at from classy to assy really fast.

Thanks for the tips man! Have any leads on a nice looking mod to go with my black Royal hunter?

Iliketurtles

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
People seem to like these https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10014735/2587800-petri-styled-18650-mechanical-mod - I would not build anywhere near .14 Ω until you know batteries, not all batteries (in fact hardly any) will be OK with a build that low. Some batteries will be ok with it but wont give you anything like 4.2v when you stress them that much and most just are not capable of delivering anywhere near that current. 0.2Ω with a decent battery is probably lowest you can go without screwing up the battery. If you wanna go lower and have any chance of getting the current and voltage you think you should get you will need Sony VTC3s or LG HB4s.

CHIEFTANG

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
People seem to like these https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10014735/2587800-petri-styled-18650-mechanical-mod - I would not build anywhere near .14 Ω until you know batteries, not all batteries (in fact hardly any) will be OK with a build that low. Some batteries will be ok with it but wont give you anything like 4.2v when you stress them that much and most just are not capable of delivering anywhere near that current. 0.2Ω with a decent battery is probably lowest you can go without screwing up the battery. If you wanna go lower and have any chance of getting the current and voltage you think you should get you will need Sony VTC3s or LG HB4s.

Thanks! Like I've said I'm just getting into it so I have much to learn. I'm in no rush so I'm not too worried. I'll make sure all the pieces are right before I begin to build!

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thanks for the tips man! Have any leads on a nice looking mod to go with my black Royal hunter?
Just remember that Liionwholesale has authentics.
There is a cheaper alt way to go about the classy.
Go copper mod like a mutation steer clear of hybrid caps, to much fucky to go along with them. They are fairly cheap, damned good and make sure they are copper not painted chinese crap. They head over to jwraps for a wrap for that bad boy, you can do a carbon fiber that would look pretty damned good or even a stone wrap.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
steer clear of hybrid caps, to much fucky to go along with them.
Can't seem to find the fucky you speak of. With a compatible pin this is as simple and safe as you can get.
sNIRuo8.jpg

Vash

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Just got the Silver Wolf "Marley" parallel today, I'm really loving it.
2341e0d999b6e7fbcf1b221422d1584e.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Love it ! Very nice man

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Love it ! Very nice man

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
This really hits wonderful, got a pair of 28x2/32 fused Clapton's @ 0.23 ohms and the it Vapes like a dream.

Was running my Bellus on it earlier with the same build and again a wonderful Vape.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
HB series specifically HB2's and they should be OK, the downside is the short life, likely needing to carry an extra battery or two. Other than that, yes .2Ω on a Samsung 25r is your best bet. At .2Ω you get ~68w, which should be plenty. Something like a 2x26gK/40gK fused clapton (.2-.25) would treat you quite well.

vap3r

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Spend the extra dime on the upcoming Silver Wolf Customs Warrior Extreme V2...

warrior_extreme_v2.jpg

VU Sponsors