Become a Patron!

Looking For More Battery Life (IPV V2 Mini Questions)

Orlando1130

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey Everyone, I recently just started Vaping and I already have upgraded from my starter Vape (the Aspire Nautlius Mini with an Eleaf D16 Battery) to the Atlantis V2 Tank with the Smok Xpro M65... Now I am very impressed with the tank and the overall performance of this Vape Combo is AMAZING and just what I expected... However, the Smok Xpro M65 has some major defects... To start off with, it is very annoying to swap the batteries in and out (I do prefer USB charging, so I do not do this often, however it is a pain in the ass and it sparks) more importantly though, the battery drains VERY fast, and I mean VERY! I use the .3 ohm coils, I chain Vape between 30-50 watts generally but my battery drains in about 1 hour from a full charge and about 20 minutes or less from a half charge... I don't think that is normal even for sub Ohming! So basicialy I went and did some research and I found the IPV V2 Mini (70 watt box mod by pioneer4you) and that seems like my best option to still get up to 70 watts of power if I choose (I will probably never need any more than that, I do not want to go to RDAs) the battery removability seems WAY easier if I choose to charge the batteries externally, which I might in the future, but not right away since I don't have that kind of equipment, but anyways it apperantly it has USB passthrough which would be really nice for me in the car and in general... Now what I'm looking for is people's thoughts on this mod, it is affordable and seems like the perfect mod for me, but I wanna know especially about the battery life... From personal experiences or just knowledge in general, can Anyone tell me if it at least lasts a few hours from a full charge? Literally my mod dies within 1 hour and it's pissing me off! Also, general advice on it is nice too but I am mostly focused on the battery life... Another thing, does the passthrough actually work and does it work well? This mod said passthrough but it dosent do that and that's annoying as well... And lastly, how long does it take to charge up? Because my Smok takes about 4 hours to charge fully and with it dying so quickly I'm sitting around waiting for it to charge more than I'm Vaping! Side Note: I am pretty sure that it is the mod that is fucking up and not my batteries, I got a nice red 18650 from my local Vape Shop (not sure the exact name of it) and also a Blue Samsung from them as well and both drain at the same horrible rate... If anyone thinks it could be the battery I'm using, or has any advice for what kind of batteries to use, that would be helpful as well... But yeah, I think that the mod has something to do with the battery charge holding and the charging rate, and I have heard from many sources that the Smok M65 (as well as the M50) are defective models, but I wanna make sure I am not wasting $60 on the IPV V2 Mini for it to drain at the same rate, and also any suggestions for other mods that could be good for me would be awesome! I'm open to consider all of my options and I want a mod that will last me a hopefully a year or more, while providing at least a few hours of battery life consistently... I am not expecting a whole days worth of battery life for it, especially when I chain Vape, but it would be nice to know it dosent die within an hour or 2 because that would be dissapointing and obviously bring me right back where I started... If it means anything I use Mt Baker Vapor 80 VG 20 PG 3 Nic Juice... But yeah let me know what you think about the IPV I mentioned and if I should get that or if something else would be better and anything you know about the battery life and how I can make the most of that would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Last edited:

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Ummm you won't get great battery life from a single battery running it like that. They can only hold so much power.
Vaping like you are, if you like p4u I would look at the ipv4s or sigelei 150 and a pair of Sony vtc5s or Samsung 25rs. Buy the batteries in pairs and keep them together. Charge them together and discharge them together.
Also make sure you are using a good battery in your current mod.
I tend to stick with the following although others are good just do your homework.
Sony vts5s
Samsung 25rs
LG he4s

Rangertrix

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
A single 18650 just can't last very long at that rate of discharge.
The Smok M65 definitely had some issues, and you either got a good one or a bad one. I had to go through 4 replacements before I got a great one.
I love mine, but I don't really sub ohm, or high wattage vape.
0.8 is about as low as I go. Vaping at 1 ohm at 10 to 20 watts mine easily lasts close to two days. Mine also charges very fast.
You might consider upping your resistance.
Using an atomizer that falls within the limits of your mod is critical to performance and battery life.
You are pushing the limits of the M65. It only fires down to .2 ohm, and has an amp limit of 13.
.3 ohms at 50 watts is almost 13 amps.
You're driving your device right to its very limit, which I'm sure adversely affects battery life. The chip in the M65 isn't very efficient to begin with.
I would look into some other mods if you want better battery life. Maybe the dual 18650 mods that were previously mentioned.
If a single 18650 mod is what you're after, maybe the D2 or a sigelei.

Last edited:

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Put me in the I hate Smok camp also. I've had them vent battery's while charging and both the local shops say they have about a 50% return rate on ones they sold. Sounds like you should consider a dual battery mod IPV3li or IPV4s are both very good mods. For a smaller single battery mod I love my IPV D2. You can't charge battery's in the dual mods you can in the single mod's. But there all easy to swap out the battery's in and they give you the option of temp control. Get a charger and extra battery's and vape away. You WILL need married identical sets for the dual mods. The red battery is probably an LG HE4 (guessing). Sounds costly but if your like the rest of us you'll get there anyway. I suggest Liionwholesale.com for battery's and charger. You picked the right forum for quality help from no BS members. Keep asking questions do some research and you'll do fine. Welcome

Last edited:

Orlando1130

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thank You Guys for all the advice... I'm kinda torn... I mean I don't have to worry about choosing until I get my first paycheck next week anyway, but I figure my best option price wise and convience wise is that IPV V2 Mini... i have heard nothing but great things about it, and like I said before i would enjoy the passthrough and hopefully at least a few hours more of battery life and I could be set with it if I got a battery charger and just kept an extra battery for the few times that I am out and about and mabey won't have an outlet other than the one in my car... Btw is it safe to charge a battery in my cars USB and use the pasthrough while I'm driving, if so and the passthrough is decent on the mod I'm looking at now, that would be all I would need... Anyways, I will definetly consider the dual battery mods... I even looked into the segelli 100 watt already and it seems like that would be my best option for sure as far as battery life is concerned, but also more costly and it could be more than I need, plus it does seem bulkier and more of a pain to get the batteries in and out and HAVE to charge them on a battery port instead of thru USB... I figure with a mod like the IPV V2 Mini I could just like I said plug it in when it gets low in like the car or something, Vape it using passthrough during my ride somewhere, and be at a high percent when I reach my destination... Again, I do not need my battery to last the entire day (that would be almost impossible with the way I chain Vape with a sub ohm tank) but 3-4 hours instead of like 45 minutes for it to drain fully would be a HUGE difference... I also figure I can take it down to like 30 watts when I'm not at Home to conserve battery even more... But yeah keep the advice coming! Thanks a lot!

Rangertrix

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I personally don't use the pass through on any of my devices. Too many horror stories about it and also about charging through pc USB ports frying mod chips. I do however charge in my vehicle, but I always turn device off while charging.
My next setup will be a D2 with a Goblin Mini.

Rhyno636

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank You Guys for all the advice... I'm kinda torn... I mean I don't have to worry about choosing until I get my first paycheck next week anyway, but I figure my best option price wise and convience wise is that IPV V2 Mini... i have heard nothing but great things about it, and like I said before i would enjoy the passthrough and hopefully at least a few hours more of battery life and I could be set with it if I got a battery charger and just kept an extra battery for the few times that I am out and about and mabey won't have an outlet other than the one in my car... Btw is it safe to charge a battery in my cars USB and use the pasthrough while I'm driving, if so and the passthrough is decent on the mod I'm looking at now, that would be all I would need... Anyways, I will definetly consider the dual battery mods... I even looked into the segelli 100 watt already and it seems like that would be my best option for sure as far as battery life is concerned, but also more costly and it could be more than I need, plus it does seem bulkier and more of a pain to get the batteries in and out and HAVE to charge them on a battery port instead of thru USB... I figure with a mod like the IPV V2 Mini I could just like I said plug it in when it gets low in like the car or something, Vape it using passthrough during my ride somewhere, and be at a high percent when I reach my destination... Again, I do not need my battery to last the entire day (that would be almost impossible with the way I chain Vape with a sub ohm tank) but 3-4 hours instead of like 45 minutes for it to drain fully would be a HUGE difference... I also figure I can take it down to like 30 watts when I'm not at Home to conserve battery even more... But yeah keep the advice coming! Thanks a lot!

Trust me when I tell you this...
You can easily and happily get away with a D2 if you use the. 5 coils and a good battery. The Samsung 25r is good, but the LG HE4 (brown battery 3000mah) is a little better. Get 2 of them and you'll be happy. I'm a heavy vaper and a single battery mod is fine for me as long as I use .5 or above coils. Anything less than .5, and I just burn through batteries.

Last edited:

Rhyno636

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Trust me when I tell you this...
You can easily and happily get away with a D2 if you use the. 5 coils and a good battery. The Samsung 25r is good, but the LG HE2 (brown battery 3000mah) is a little better. Get 2 of them and you'll be happy. I'm a heavy vaper and a single battery mod is fine for me as long as I use .5 or above coils. Anything less than .5, and I just burn through batteries.
Oh, you said IPV mini2. Same thing, but the D2 is better. Much better.

That being said, I prefer the VTC mini over my D2 and my old IPV mini2.
http://www.efun.top/joyetech-evic-vtc-mini-express-kit.html
This site also has the D2 for $40.

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Sounds lake a plan you already have 2 battery's so pick up a charger and the mini and vape happy. I do agree with Rhyno636 about the D2.
One thing about car charging systems though is that there not well regulated and put out between 12.5 and 14.5 volts depending on the RPM and there's a good bit of noise (ripple ) from the ignition system. It's not usually a problem and people charge phones and what not all the time but it is there. ie: the better the adapter the better off.

Orlando1130

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
To the one Guy: VTC mini you linked to looks awesome, but it says it isn't out yet? Also $30 that dosent make sense to me it looks a lot more expensive than that

To the other Guy: yes I know that is the desicion I'm leaning towards however I am not 100 percent sure that I am going to get more battery life out of it, which is the whole reason I'm switching mods in the first place... I wish someone could give personal experience of how long the battery life is when Vaping with a sub ohm tank on it... But still you guys are really helpful so thanks!

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The watt setting determines how fast your batteries drain. Nothing else. Coil resistance is irrelevant to battery drain and battery current.

Orlando1130

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@broomstick But that's not true then because when I dropped my watts down from 50 to like 30 the battery still drains really fast, so there clearly is some other factor (possibly a dis functional mod?)

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
No one can give an exact answer because no two people vape the same. That being said when I use to chain vape I had no problems using 4-5 battery's a day in single mods and 2+ sets in dual mods. I've already put in a fresh battery drove to the vape shop hung out for and hour and had a dead battery on the way home. The reason I have 13 battery's is that I didn't want to carry a car battery around to vape on and much to my dismay unicorns don't exist.

Last edited:

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
No one can give an exact answer because no two people vape the same. That being said when I use to chain vape I had no problems using 4-5 battery's a day in single mods and 2+ sets in dual mods. I've already put in a fresh battery drove to the vape shop hung out for and hour and had a dead battery on the way home. The reason I have 13 battery's is that I didn't want to carry a car battery around to vape on and much to my dismay unicorns don't exist.
I hope I'm not sounding condensing in the above but I actually did consider building a regulator so I could use a small motorcycle battery.
When I looked at how dumb that was I whimpered a bit and ordered a bunch of battery's. Get a mod that's easy to swap out the battery's in and vape on.

Last edited:

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
@Orlando1130 can you please clarify which IPV mod you are talking about? You have consistently used IPV V2 Mini, but most replies are talking about the IPV D2. Adding to the confustion, there are actually 2 mods out there, one is the IPV Mini 2, which will go to 70 watts, and the other is the IPV D2 which has temperature control and will go to 75 watts.

Personally, I would recommend the IPV D2 over the IPV Mini 2. Newer chipset, seems much better built, and is overall a better mod. As for the VTC Mini, it is out and available now. Many folks prefer it over the D2. I have both, but favor the D2 over the VTC Mini, but only by a slight margin. With regards to pricing, you can find the IPV D2 and eVic VTC Mini on ecig.com for about $45. They also have the Smy 60w TC Mini and the Sigelei 75w for around the same price (these are also both pretty popular in the smaller form factor).

If you follow the link in my signature block, you will find a review on each of the IPV mods and the SMY mod. I have not yet written my review on the VTC Mini, but hope to get it done and posted today.

HTH!

Orlando1130

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@Angrygod50 that actually makes a lot of sense... I feel like i wouldn't use AS much battery life as you, I don't have a dripper my Tank just goes down to .3 ohms... However I like your point that no 2 people Vape the same, so I'm not gonna ask Anymore for people to give me exact battery life's on certain mods because that's not reality... However, I still wanna know if that Mini 2 lasts a decent while for other people who use sub ohm tanks if that's possible... I just mad because my Smok must have some sort of battery life issue with it...

@DevAuto i was talking about the IPV MINI (70 watt one) but I keep hearing the D2 is better, so now I'm kinda taking that into consideration... A big feature for me would also be passthrough so like I said before plenty of times I could conveniently Vape it either at home or even on the go in my car while it's charging... So if you have any word on that and if it applies to any of the mods you mentioned let me know... I think a single 18650 battery mod would be all I need, plus the usb charging on them is convient compared to say the Sigelli 100 watt which only uses external charging (personally I don't think I would need 100 watts anyway but that's just me Lol) but yeah thanks again for the help dude!

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
@Orlando1130 I can confirm that the D2 will do pass through, but since the cable it comes with is so short, you WILL have to buy a longer one, maybe 6' or so from somewhere else. Amazon had them for like $3 last time I checked. The cable itself has USB on one end, and a barrel connector on the other, so while you can use it for pass through and charging, it is not the traditional USB Micro connector that most mods are using. This is one of the biggest complaints people have with this mod.

I can honestly say that the D2 is a HUGE improvement over the Mini 2. I would not recommend the Mini 2 to anyone at this point, since the D2 is soooo much better in every regard.

Orlando1130

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@DevAuto yeah I did notice that, it is a bit annoying since i already have like 4 traditional USB chargers but considering you seem like an experienced Vaper and say it would be my best bet who cares about an extra $3! Lol... Another thing, on the site I use to buy my Juice there is the MVP 3 Pro... I heard that quality wise those things are amazing but it does only push 60 watts compared to 75 on the D2... I'm just thinking because I want the mod I do go with to last me a long time while still performing well it could be a good deal, especially since I could order that and my
New E Liquid all in one (Mt Baker Vapor is the site in case you were wondering) but I mean if it's in my best interest to go with the D2 over that it dosent matter

Rhyno636

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
To the one Guy: VTC mini you linked to looks awesome, but it says it isn't out yet? Also $30 that dosent make sense to me it looks a lot more expensive than that

To the other Guy: yes I know that is the desicion I'm leaning towards however I am not 100 percent sure that I am going to get more battery life out of it, which is the whole reason I'm switching mods in the first place... I wish someone could give personal experience of how long the battery life is when Vaping with a sub ohm tank on it... But still you guys are really helpful so thanks!

I am "one guy".
I purchased my VTC from them 2 weeks ago and received it for $33 shipped. Its pre-order status now probably because they don't have them back in stock. My personal experience is with using a Tobeco supertank with .5 coils at 50 watts and .2 coils at 60 watts. With the .5 coils I go through 2 full batteries a day, with the .2, I go through 3. The VTC charges off a micro usb and has pass through. Personally, I hate having multiple chargers around and don't care for the barrel charger on the D2. Again, I strongly prefer the VTC over the D2. I prefer it because of the easier charging, build quality, feel, and the screen. Both the VTC and D2 do temp control, but they also both do exactly what the IPV Mini2 does in power mode, except they are smaller and lighter. The VTC is slightly taller than the D2 by 1/4", and the other dimensions are the same. The VTC is lighter though.

Orlando1130

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
UPDATE: My Friend is offering my his Smok Xpro M80 Plus if I trade him my M65 and throw him $30... He is letting me try it out for a day to make sure the battery life is substantially better but I don't see why it wouldn't be because it takes 2 18650s... Any thoughts on this? I know they are built in batteries so once they go I'm fucked but as far as quality performance and battery life it would be a HUGE upgrade (although it is just an upgraded version the same device I have now) also, after talking to him I realized my Xpro M65 was not authentic, which is why i got it for really cheap, and that is possibly what's causing some of my battery problems... Anyways, I think I'm
Gonna go with this as it is my easiest option... And he guarantees way better battery life... Apperantlly he works .15 coils on it (substantially lower than my .3) and it only drains halfway after using it all day... I'm definetly going to look into this, but if anyone has any thoughts on the XPro M80 let me know

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
@DevAuto yeah I did notice that, it is a bit annoying since i already have like 4 traditional USB chargers but considering you seem like an experienced Vaper and say it would be my best bet who cares about an extra $3! Lol... Another thing, on the site I use to buy my Juice there is the MVP 3 Pro... I heard that quality wise those things are amazing but it does only push 60 watts compared to 75 on the D2... I'm just thinking because I want the mod I do go with to last me a long time while still performing well it could be a good deal, especially since I could order that and my
New E Liquid all in one (Mt Baker Vapor is the site in case you were wondering) but I mean if it's in my best interest to go with the D2 over that it dosent matter
Yes, I do have some experience, although there are others with just as much experience and more. Everyone has opinions too, so I can't tell you what is in your best interests, only you can decide that. I personally think that any of the smaller 1 battery mods would be a better option, but again, that is my personal opinion. I'm not a huge fan of the MVP mods, mostly because they don't meet the same specs as the newer mods, but they do work, and people do like them. I would recommend the eVic-VT (not the VTC Mini) if you want a built in battery.

UPDATE: My Friend is offering my his Smok Xpro M80 Plus if I trade him my M65 and throw him $30... He is letting me try it out for a day to make sure the battery life is substantially better but I don't see why it wouldn't be because it takes 2 18650s... Any thoughts on this? I know they are built in batteries so once they go I'm fucked but as far as quality performance and battery life it would be a HUGE upgrade (although it is just an upgraded version the same device I have now) also, after talking to him I realized my Xpro M65 was not authentic, which is why i got it for really cheap, and that is possibly what's causing some of my battery problems... Anyways, I think I'm
Gonna go with this as it is my easiest option... And he guarantees way better battery life... Apperantlly he works .15 coils on it (substantially lower than my .3) and it only drains halfway after using it all day... I'm definetly going to look into this, but if anyone has any thoughts on the XPro M80 let me know
I am also not a fan of the Smok mods for the most part, mostly because they seem to have more problems than others in the same price range. I have heard that there are a lot of probs with *most* of the Pre-X Cube II mods (as well as some update probs with the X Cube II), so I have stayed away from them. A couple of the local vape shops have said that the see a lot more probs with the Smok products than they do others.

If you can try this for a couple of days to confirm it will work for you though, then it sounds like a good way to go. You should be able to tell if it will work and if there are any probs with it.

Good luck!

Rhyno636

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I also own one of those. The battery is great, it's charges with a micro usb, and the pass through works as well. I did enjoy it until the charge port broke. To be critical, I'll tell you the temp control is useless, the shape and feel of it wasn't my favorite, and the edges are kinda sharp (not cut you sharp, just not a smooth edge). I bought mine for $35 brand new 6 months ago.

Rhyno636

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No, you don't have a clone. It would cost more to make a clone than it would be to buy an authentic.

Last edited:

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
That's a terrible idea. You're trading one problem for a bigger problem then paying extra for it.

Jasen

Member For 5 Years
I've got an IPV mini 2 that I run .5 in my subtank at 20-23 watts with HE4's. Like stated a single 18650 just isn't going to last. I easily go through 2 batteries a day, sometimes 3 and I'm not a chain vaper. As a comparison, although not enough watts for you, my coolfire 4, same tank and coil, will usually get me pretty much through the day.

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
I've got an IPV mini 2 that I run .5 in my subtank at 20-23 watts with HE4's. Like stated a single 18650 just isn't going to last. I easily go through 2 batteries a day, sometimes 3 and I'm not a chain vaper. As a comparison, although not enough watts for you, my coolfire 4, same tank and coil, will usually get me pretty much through the day.
I have a D2 that I run in TC mode (.15 nickel, 420-440 degrees, 24-28 watts) on a single HG for an entire day.

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
@Jasen I think the trade in value is about $0 which should bring your total cost on the D2 down to about $60 or so depending on where you get it ... :D

Rhyno636

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It is true. I've explained it to you several times. Your refusal to accept truth is your problem.
You've never explained it to me dude. I promise you're wrong. Explain your science, and then I'll copy and paste the shit out of it with facts.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've explained in several threads that you've posted in that coil resistance has jack shit to do with battery current in a variable wattage device. Why don't you try explaining it to me. Something like a sig 150 that has two batts in series sends 8v to the chip and when set to 15w using a .2 ohm coil you get 1.7v and 8.5a on the output side of the chip. Explain how the output current of 8.5a has anything to do with what's happening on the input side. 8v and 8.5a make 68w. Is that how a chip that's 95% efficient works? You gotta supply the chip with 68w to make it output 15w? Tell me how they work then.

Last edited:

Rhyno636

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've explained in several threads that you've posted in that coil resistance has jack shit to do with battery current in a variable wattage device. Why don't you try explaining it to me. Something like a sig 150 that has two batts in series sends 8v to the chip and when set to 15w using a .2 ohm coil you get 1.7v and 8.5a on the output side of the chip. Explain how the output current of 8.5a has anything to do with what's happening on the input side. 8v and 8.5a make 68w. Is that how a chip that's 95% efficient works? You gotta supply the chip with 68w to make it output 15w? Tell me how they work then.

The more amps the coil demands, the less run time you have. The lower your resistance, the more amps you need to achieve the same wattage. Blah blah blah

Rhyno636

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And what is on the input side of the chip is irrelevant. The circuit uses what it uses. The remainder stays. It doesn't magically disappear into thin air. A .2 coil uses more amps than a .5 coil at 50 watts. Therefore you will get more amp hours from a .5 coil than you will a .2 coil. Not to mention, the lower resistance coil will require more wattage to achieve a similar vape.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You are clueless. The amount of power the chip puts out equals the amount of power it takes in (plus 5% for convertor loss). In other words, watts in equals watts out. The watt setting divided by battery voltage gives you battery current. X watts are supplied to the chip in one combination of volts and amps and the same X watts gets output in another combination of volts and amps. You don't know what you're talking about.

Rhyno636

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm too tired to go chasing statistics. But an undeniable fact is that you need more wattage to achieve the same vape from a coil of lower resistance, and for that reason alone, coil resistance is relevant to battery drain. Have a good night Mr. Wizard.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Too funny. You're wrong about coil resistance determining battery current in a vw mod and now you're wrong about lowering resistance always meaning power has to go up to achieve similar results. If I use less wraps of the same wire I get lower resistance and less of a mass of wire which would require using less power to get the coil to the same temp. Or if I use more wraps, ohms go up and so does the power required to achieve a similar temp. Maybe one of these days you'll get all this stuff figured out.

VU Sponsors