Become a Patron!

Looking for advice - zephyrus RTA

bpurtell89

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm using the Zephyrus RDA. My question is with the stock dual coil occ that comes with it is a spaced dual coil.

Am I better off making spaced coils in my rda? Don't get me wrong my twisted 26g 2.5mm kanthal build vapes wonderfully I'm just chasing the absolute perfect vape in this baby!

What are the pros and what are the cons?

VapeRN

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I use contact coils in the zephyrus with 26g or even 24g KA1. I find it runs best when I build to about .3 ohm. The wicking is far more important than the coils I think. Getting those wicks trimmed down to just barely sit in the tippy top of the juice channels has been working for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bpurtell89

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Y
I use contact coils in the zephyrus with 26g or even 24g KA1. I find it runs best when I build to about .3 ohm. The wicking is far more important than the coils I think. Getting those wicks trimmed down to just barely sit in the tippy top of the juice channels has been working for me.

yeah the wicking was very important and a pain in the ass but once I got that right it was wonderful

VapeRN

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'd like to try out a temp control build in it actually, because I'm thinking that may allay some of my dry hit fears from the wicking system. Just need some Ni200....

bpurtell89

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'd like to try out a temp control build in it actually, because I'm thinking that may allay some of my dry hit fears from the wicking system. Just need some Ni200....

I never get dry hits. I have the sig 75 TC so max wattage my mod goes up to is 75 but even at 75w it's a nice warm flavorful vape I posted a pic of the way that I wick it but since that photo I cut my wicks even shorter.

- regarding TC I haven't dabbled in it yet and don't think I will for some time but my understanding which is basic with TC is you need an extremely low resistance build and that's extremely hard to do with nickel wire Innthe zephyrus due to the fact that it's dual coil and no option for single coil. EspeciLly needing spaced wraps with nickel

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    129.4 KB · Views: 11

VapeRN

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
See, I wick it just like that and still, albeit very rarely, will get an off tasting hit, but yeah. I don't see getting more than about 5 spaced Ni wraps on there. My wife has commandeered my Zephyrus anyway, so wish me luck getting it back anytime soon. I'm on a TFV4 kick this week anyway and liking it, so I'm in no rush.

VU Sponsors