Looking for a stiffer throat hit

Galaxyrider

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm after throat hit. Ive tried jacking with the PG/VG ratio.. no help, I'm trying to go zero on nicotine.. so I cant go there.. someone mentioned vodka, or bourbon. I'm using a regulated mod (lavatube v1), by now, Im wondering if it might be a hardware thing. What I have is VV, and not VW... I've tried vaping at 6v, but its not that much kick, and I know my batteries will be gone in a heartbeat. Any help would be appreciated.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Stay away from alcohols with sugar..
there is a additive called flash.. but my favor is just plain ever clear..

use from 1% up to no more than 5%:)

Last edited:

Galaxyrider

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Stay away from alcohols with sugar..
there is a additive called flash.. but my favor is just plain ever clear..

use from 1% up to more more than 5%:)
Very interesting! What happens with alcohol and sugar? What is "flash"?I could really try PGA (how much PGA?) and a 70/30 VG/PG mix. I'm also toying with the idea of trying a small run of 0 nic.. Just to see if I can do it. If I can go 0% nic, I'd be ecstatic! You're guiding me now.. since I'm not real well versed in mixing yet. Just FYI, Im using a regulated mod (Lava tube v1) I usually vape at 4.5v no wattage control on this one. If there are hardware issues, don't be afraid to say so. I will be getting a non reg mech mod soon, and hopefully a Tobh.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
they call it different, but the name flash stuck with me..
I tried it out in a bubble gum recipe I have and well.. the th was mind blowing..

http://www.eliquidmart.com/additives-wizard-and-flash/

I only drip, so can't help with hardware other than make sure you get decent batteries for your new mech and watch/search out good coil ideas..
Good luck! ;)

Galaxyrider

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
they call it different, but the name flash stuck with me..
I tried it out in a bubble gum recipe I have and well.. the th was mind blowing..

http://www.eliquidmart.com/additives-wizard-and-flash/

I only drip, so can't help with hardware other than make sure you get decent batteries for your new mech and watch/search out good coil ideas..
Good luck! ;)
I was clued in by a friend that has a vape shop.. I only use ICR 18650 3400's and since youre only dripping, you're most likely sub ohming? I know that must open a lot of new doors as well. You've been a huge help so far, and I'm curious about the PGA thing.. do you just use VG and PGA?
I was thinking of experimenting with the dragon, or inseption coils.
A huge thanks in advance!

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I do sub ohm.. I have not found a tank I can enjoy without growling! :D

i only use alcohol when needed, which is not often. i like my juice thick.. well blended..
most of my favorite flavors are done in alcohol, or vg.. as I am very sensitive to PG..
a lot of times, my flavoring is only 10% or under.. I bounce from heavy flavoring to very light..
i tend to stick with manufacturers from over seas nowadays too..
i have gotten into nets and extracts but I am no pro..

i make small batches first, to see if I like an effect.. easier to dump then, if I don't..;)

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If you like tobacco flavors and miss the ashy throat hit of a cigarette, try DNB (Dirty Neutral Base) from Inawera.

Mommay

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Are you on factory built coils or rebuildable? If you're on a RBA/RDA, the raise your coil up to the level - or even a little above - your air hole. If the coil is lower than the air, then you get less throat hit.

Galaxyrider

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I quit "premade"(replaceable coils when I quit using my EGO, I have a KFL on a lavatube now and the coil (30ga @ 1.4 ohm) sits about 1/8 of an inch above the air bleed.
Unfortunately this being a regulated mod.. I'm wondering if I'm just not generating enough heat. Once with a regular mech mod, I can go sub ohm, and start using different, hotter coils. Three that I have seen that look good are the Shotgun, The Dragon, and the Inception. If you don't know what these are let me know, the Dragon and the Shotgun are relatively simple dual coil set ups, the inception is 1 piece of kanthal.. with a coil inside a coil.. that's extreme, but I think well worth the challenge.

GargoyleK1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My suggestion is go a mech mod with a good battery and a dripper…

I have a Maraxus with an Atomic on top… THAT will give you a throat hit… Probably more than you'll be able to handle. But thats whats great as adjustments to the wicking, coil, and juice will help you achieve your goals.

VapingJunkie

Down with the Clown
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The inception coil isn't that hard to build, or that amazing concerning vape quality. The shotgun and dragon coils normally work great, but shotgun is mainly for Kayfuns, with direct air flow and a small chamber.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
One thing also: don't try a mech using using an ICR. ICR batteries just ain't safe unless in a regulated mod. They can explode in a mech.

You need IMR or INR...the "safer chemistry" batteries.
These are one of the top dogs now: http://trianglevape.com/sony-18650-vtc5-2600mah-30a/ but there are more there that will work fine too. Match the amp rating to what your going to vape at, then add a bit of cushion for safety.

I also would not go from regulated to sub-ohm right away.
It isn't necessary and you should learn how to build well before you jump in the deep end. ;)

My fave is 1.0-1.3 ohms personally.You'll find that the same resistance can be very different on different devices. For example, in my 1.0 ohm dual-coil Fogger v4 I have to use 14mg instead of my usual 18mg or it'll kick my ass. :D

BTW, don't get knockoff batts or anything with the word "fire" in the name. If unsure, ask someone and we'll let ya know. ;-)

Last edited:

VU Sponsors