Become a Patron!

Looking for a steamed milk taste/effect any pointers?

Squall

Member For 2 Years
Aa the title says Id loved to find a concentrate or blend that gives the steamed milk taste /effect.

Ultimately Id love to make a 'Flat White' vape. Double shot of espresso topped with steamed milk in a small cup.

For me its coffee heaven but after googling and searching I've found no solution to creating a steamed milk taste and I'm hoping some forum experts may help me with a solution.

Many many thanks in advance.

Cheers.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I can't necessarily say for the "steamed" taste, but FA Fresh Cream works great with espressos, could be used as little at 0.5% and I've seen it used as much as 2%. TFA Dairy Milk is also an option, I don't have much experience with that one, though.

Squall

Member For 2 Years
I've currently got a blend of UP and espresso which isn't bad and also a caramel, tiramisu and vienna cream which is nice but the only cream I have is vienna cream but putting another order in tomorrow so perhaps I'll add fresh cream to my ever growing basket.

Thanks for the input

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ultimately Id love to make a 'Flat White' vape. Double shot of espresso topped with steamed milk in a small cup.

Have you tried...FA Cappuccino?
http://www.bullcityflavors.com/cappuccino-fa/

"A cappuccino is an Italian coffee drink that is traditionally prepared with double espresso, and steamed milk foam."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cappuccino

Can't help you with any "small cup" flavor though. :)

Ron
---
"There is no better love potion than a coffee. When a man drinks the coffee made by you he will become forever yours."- Sophia Loren

Squall

Member For 2 Years
It's basically a stronger cappuccino without the cinnamon or chocolate. I'm assuming the cappuccino concentrate has them in? The product description doesn't give much info.

I'm guessing if a cappuccino can imitated correctly so can a Flat White?

Thanks again for your input. Appreciated

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It's basically a stronger cappuccino without the cinnamon or chocolate. I'm assuming the cappuccino concentrate has them in? The product description doesn't give much info.

I'm guessing if a cappuccino can imitated correctly so can a Flat White?

I've only used it in HIC's very fine Lazy Morning recipe. If you desire more descriptions you might consider using your favorite search engine?

I have no idea what Flat White vapes like. ( and don't care :))

Ron
---
"If you want a guarantee, buy a toaster."- Clint Eastwood

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
+1 on @RonJS advice to start with FA Cappuccino for unrivaled accuracy with a steamed milk/cream in coffee flavor.

Squall

Member For 2 Years
Ha! If you like your coffee, I'm sure you'd love a Flat White @RonJS :)

My flavour order is ever-growing!!

Thanks @HeadInClouds too.

I'll start with the cappuccino and go from there, maybe adding a few drops of Dark Bean I'll hit the profile I'm after.

Seems all I've done since subbing is ask questions but one day with all this knowledge I'll move beyond the noob stage and be the one answering people's enquiries.

Thanks again guys and gals. :)

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'll start with the cappuccino and go from there, maybe adding a few drops of Dark Bean I'll hit the profile I'm after.

While not "steamed", to perhaps adjust it the other way...I myself would add some TPA Dairy Milk to my order ....

Ron
---
"Drop of plain water on thirsty tongue more precious than gold in purse."- Charlie Chan (Charlie Chan in Egypt)

Squall

Member For 2 Years
I think that'll be for a future order, I was trying to limit myself this month but my order is well over £100 so far and still growing!

I thought vaping would save me money compared to cigarettes but after mods, tanks and an endless desire for concentrates, I think it's costing me more :D

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ha! If you like your coffee, I'm sure you'd love a Flat White @RonJS :)

My flavour order is ever-growing!!

Thanks @HeadInClouds too.

Seems all I've done since subbing is ask questions but one day with all this knowledge I'll move beyond the noob stage and be the one answering people's enquiries.

Thanks again guys and gals. :)

I spent a summer in New Zealand and was introduced to the Flat White. I drank it everyday. However, it is a bit weak compared to other types of coffees. It is delicious. Do try the FA Cappuccino, it's spot on.

Squall

Member For 2 Years
Well I've just recieved my cappuccino concentrate this morning, on parent duty right now but as soon as Mum is around I'll mix some up... Hopefully my quest for a Flat White is at an end. /cheer

Thanks again :)

Last edited:

Squall

Member For 2 Years
Every other time I've had that said it's always been with a large dollop of disappointment! :( :D

Mixed some up... May need some steeping or perhaps more Dark Bean. Seems a bit sweet for a Flat White as I like it (no sugar)... Still a work in progress atm...

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
[
Every other time I've had that said it's always been with a large dollop of disappointment! :( :D

Mixed some up... May need some steeping or perhaps more Dark Bean. Seems a bit sweet for a Flat White as I like it (no sugar)... Still a work in progress atm...

LMAO!

You're not alone on that, I find the flavoring a bit sweet, too, but I do like it, and use it a lot. HIC's Lazy Morning recipe is one of my ADV.

Squall

Member For 2 Years
Not entirely sure yet @RonJS, I made a quick mix using 2% Cappuccino and 1% espresso.
It's a bit light to tell, working nights atm so it's work, sleep, work, sleep. The moment I get time (tomorrow morning) I'll mix a stronger batch, perhaps try 4% and 3% and see where it's at!

@Huckleberried I'm yet to find my ADV. I have about 10 mixes atm I chuck in my bag and vape whichever I pull out.

Vaping a Peach mix or Cherry Menthol right after a heavy tiramisu and espresso mix is, well... Interesting!

Squall

Member For 2 Years
Just waiting on some 10ml bottles for taste tasting, I'll make it as a standalone flavour at 70/30, 50/50 and 30/70 just to see the difference.
I'm assuming they'll need at least a couple of days steeping to let the cream come out a touch?

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Just waiting on some 10ml bottles for taste tasting, I'll make it as a standalone flavour at 70/30, 50/50 and 30/70 just to see the difference.
I'm assuming they'll need at least a couple of days steeping to let the cream come out a touch?

I understood you wanted it less creamy. But yes, creamy flavors in general take a while to develop & tend to gain strength with age. FA Cappuccino is so creamy (to my taste) it doesn't really need to sit around for that cream to develop.

Squall

Member For 2 Years
If I take it right back to the beginning, I was after the steamed milk taste... A bit lighter than straight milk. I figured once I had that down it'd be a question of balancing the espresso to get my coffee heaven.

It has to be achievable, it's just double espresso and steamed milk, I guess I just have to play with the percentages until I find that balance.

The cappuccino has the cream for sure but I find it a touch sweet for where I wanted it.

For me it'd be alot closer if I could somehow negate that sweetness, somehow I don't think that's possible, though reducing the vg content would go a little way towards that.

Squall

Member For 2 Years
I just grabbed my cappuccino and espresso mix, I have Capp at 4% and espresso at 2% and tbh the back notes are there.
When I get home I'm gonna push the espresso up to 4% and see how it is. It might blow my head off but I'll still vape it

Thanks for the input guys and gals.

Squall

Member For 2 Years
So I've just browsed your flavour notes @HeadInClouds and I'm wondering if Bitter wizard would A) Dial back the sweetness a bit and B) slightly enhance the bitter coffee aftertaste I'm after?

From the description it seems like it'll do the job so I'll add it to my basket, ready for my next order.

Squall

Member For 2 Years
Well I can honestly say 4% Cappuccino and 4% espresso is pretty rank.
Cant even describe the taste. To date, it's the only diy juice I couldn't vape.

Gross.

VU Sponsors