Become a Patron!

Looking for a single coil squonk rda

twisted

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I'm new to squonking and was looking at getting a single coil rda. I'm mainly looking at the recurve and drop solo but am open to others. Main thing I am looking for is air flow and of course good flavor, i dont care for restricted airflow. Currently I am using the amit 25 rta wide open for comparison. Got the intake rta months back too restricted of a vape for me. So any suggestions would be great! Thank you

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If the Intake rta is too restricted for you you might want to pass on the Recurve rda. The Tigertek Morphe rda is real cheap right now on Vaporrange.com. Is single coil & airflow fully open is pretty airy.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Drop Solo is a good 1. Easy building, good flavor, plenty of air imo but not as much as some others out there. Not really restricted too much unless you start turning it down.
I have limited experience with Recurve. I'd say more flavor than Solo and a bit more restricted. Not as good at dripping if you do from time to time.
Asmodus C4 LP Sqounks really well, and you can squonk paint the coil. Silky smooth AF. Outstanding flavor. But its a bit restricted. Better well than Recurve if you drip it.
Have a look at Hermetic RDA.

twisted

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Drop Solo is a good 1. Easy building, good flavor, plenty of air imo but not as much as some others out there. Not really restricted too much unless you start turning it down.
I have limited experience with Recurve. I'd say more flavor than Solo and a bit more restricted. Not as good at dripping if you do from time to time.
Asmodus C4 LP Sqounks really well, and you can squonk paint the coil. Silky smooth AF. Outstanding flavor. But its a bit restricted. Better well than Recurve if you drip it.
Have a look at Hermetic RDA.

will pull a video up on it. Thank you

twisted

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If the Intake rta is too restricted for you you might want to pass on the Recurve rda. The Tigertek Morphe rda is real cheap right now on Vaporrange.com. Is single coil & airflow fully open is pretty airy.
Would you say the intake and recurve have the same airflow or is one more?

twisted

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just watched some reviews on the pulse 22 amd the morph both look good and airy. Anything else I should look at?

twisted

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have the Ammit 25 single coil. & I don’t think it’s that airy. Are we talking about the same atty?
Not saying I like it super airy, was just saying that I like the airflow on the ammit 25 all the way open. That way if anyone has the ammit 25 they would know how I like my airflow

twisted

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What squonk mod you all using. Was looking at the pulse x but am only finding kits. The pulse 80 looks nice but I like the idea of having a 21700 instead of 20700.

twisted

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Topside Carries a 21700 well. It seems the 90watt max is unappealing to some but it's a great mod.
I'm fine with the 90 watt. Was looking at the topside but was wanting something alittle cheaper then 75$ as I need to get a squonk RDA and batteries

Raymcconn

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Out of the wasp, recurve and Morphe IMHO the Morphe has the most air flow out of them all. I have them all in use now. I will warn you unless they changed something the o ring tolerance is super tight on the Morphe.
Have you considered the Profile?

twisted

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Out of the wasp, recurve and Morphe IMHO the Morphe has the most air flow out of them all. I have them all in use now. I will warn you unless they changed something the o ring tolerance is super tight on the Morphe.
Have you considered the Profile?
Not necessarily that I want the most airflow it's that I dont want anything to restricted. I haven't seen the profile yet will watch a review now thanks.

S13hitman

Member For 1 Year
Wait, how does nobody recommend the best squonk RDA for 2018?? The Wotofo Profile RDA. You can use a single coil OR mesh. I'm using it on a mechanical mod but have used it on my x-priv as well. Just watch rip trippers video on it:
I'm at work and can't link a YouTube video. Just Google rip trippers Profile RDA

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Wait, how does nobody recommend the best squonk RDA for 2018?? The Wotofo Profile RDA. You can use a single coil OR mesh. I'm using it on a mechanical mod but have used it on my x-priv as well. Just watch rip trippers video on it:
I'm at work and can't link a YouTube video. Just Google rip trippers Profile RDA
I don’t have one ;)

twisted

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I did see it and it made it to my list lol. Someone mentioned it in a previous reply

twisted

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm going back to the intake today it's been awhile to see how the air flow was. The recurve is on top of my list but the airflow is the only thing holding me back.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm going back to the intake today it's been awhile to see how the air flow was. The recurve is on top of my list but the airflow is the only thing holding me back.
Good idea, if you enjoy the Intake now then the Recurve will be perfect.

iamadrunkguy

Member For 4 Years
I have a Recurve and love it! I've also had the Wasp and loved it as well. I found myself using the Recurve more. Flavor is great and also produces great clouds. Flavor was good on the wasp but like the Recurve more. I also just ordered the profile rda and looking forward to trying mesh, I've heard great things about the Profile rda.

twisted

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You know what it's not as bad as I remembered and if the recurve is slightly less restrictive then I think I will have to go for it

Raymcconn

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I’m using the Hcigar VT Inbox, Hugo Squeezer (cheap & great, mech, uses 18650, 20700 or 21700), the VV Pulse Bf mod. On the very slow boat the Desire Cut Squonk was a steal $18 shipped.
I picked up the Desire Cut myself. Don’t like the hole location but for the price I can live with it. I picked up a pulse x on Black Friday for $39. I have really been enjoying that.

Raymcconn

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
On another note I'm really thinking about getting the pulse x but am only finding the kits. Do they sell the mode alone?
As mentioned you should be able to find mod only. That is what I got. However if you find the kit at a good price I would go for the kit. It comes with a decent RDA actually. Put it on the shelf and who knows you might end up using it

twisted

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As mentioned you should be able to find mod only. That is what I got. However if you find the kit at a good price I would go for the kit. It comes with a decent RDA actually. Put it on the shelf and who knows you might end up using it
Yea that's what in thinking and 10$ more I can get the refill bottle

VU Sponsors