Become a Patron!

Looking 4 70W 2-18650 Parallel Box

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Does anyone know of any 70 Watt box mods with two 18650 cells in parallel? It would be even better if it had easy access to the cells, like a magnetic door.

Panther1911

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
May I ask your reasoning for wanting 70W (and not more) and why parallel?

I can think of a few mods that have magnetic doors, dual 18650s, but they can put out more than 70W (but can also be set at 70W).

I have a sigelei 150W, it has dual 18650s, magnetic battery door, and I can't say for sure but it appears to be wired in series. (it can go from 10W to 150W) it has excellent battery life. I have been very happy with it. Sigelei also makes one called the 100W plus, it is very similar but it looks a little different, only goes up to 100W, and is a little cheaper. But it does have a magnetic battery door and dual 18650s

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The main reason I am looking for 70 watts is because I have yet to find a mod that is greater than 70 watts that the 18650s are not in series. Additionally, I can't imagine vaping over 70 watts as I have only gone up to 20 watts on a 0.7 ohm build. I don't enjoy a hot Vape. Also, I honestly don't see going below 0.1-0.2 ohms. So far the only box I've been able to find is a HCigar Unicorn 70. I haven't been able to find much in the way of reviews on it.

Panther1911

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Why is parallel a must?

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Personal preference. If one cell starts to get week/go bad then placement won't matter. Also, look up batteries in series verses in parallel. In parallel, with two 2500 mAh batteries, you effectively have 5000 mAh at the same voltage. In series you get double the voltage at the same (2500) mAh.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I saw at least one bad review of the Unicorn mod.

And a mod that is new to the market is the DX80 by PuffApe.

I will be reviewing that one as soon as the slow boat from China arrives.

Panther1911

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I did know that. I was just curious why it made a difference to you for a regulated mod

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I will be looking for that! I'm just about to the point of building my own... I will just have a problem finding the time and getting a killer finish. Workings wise it will be easy (I'm an electronic engineer).

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Also, by going to a parallel configuration it shares (divides) the current draw between the cells allowing the use of higher mAh cells with lower A ratings. But, you also have to look at the tested discharge characteristics of the cells you are looking at using. I think the geek in me just showed himself... sorry.

Panther1911

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
for an unregulated mod it makes perfect sense

i am in the process of building one myself...in parallel

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well... I went and bought a hybrid parallel (Dovpo GX-200). Does great on my Nautilus Mini. I'm thinking more about just getting a Cloupor T8 or something on that level but want to stay below $100 and be upgradable.

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I just saw today that Pioneer4you is rolling out temp control with their iPV4 (100 watt box mod with the updatable YiHi SX330 V4S) this month. Eciggity is doing pre-orders for $95!

Panther1911

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I just saw today that Pioneer4you is rolling out temp control with their iPV4 (100 watt box mod with the updatable YiHi SX330 V4S) this month. Eciggity is doing pre-orders for $95!

thanks for sharing.........

it looks like the temp control wont be active until the update in april

VU Sponsors