Become a Patron!

Little worried about using my setup.

DonorClay

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hello all, I am using a kbox 200 and I wanted a break from having to constantly drip my RDA so I bought a tfv8 cloud beast. I like my resistance around .4 - .5 ohms. I bought the cloud beat mainly because of the airflow and RBA however it comes with pre installed coils running at .15. All I had was more clapton wire and some 24g kanthal. I did 12 wraps around a 3.5 mm core (dual coil).

After per burning and getting the glow right, the coils are reading at .69(which is fine by me).
BUT when I fire, the voltage runs up to 5+ volts (I am using samsung 18650's) and there is a weird hissing sound. If i was sure it was the coils i wouldn't be worried. In an attempt to see if it in fact WAS my batteries I put the tfv8 base on my wifes seigeli 75w tc (same settings) and it fires for about 3-5 seconds before saying to check the battery.

I just don't want this thing to blow up in my face guys. Anyone want to clear thing up for me?

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Check the terminal screw tightness to the coils. Also, check clearances on the coil to the terminal posts and chamber. You may be hearing some arching.

DonorClay

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Lots of clearance and I backed out and re-tightened the screws. I am still getting the same issue.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hello all, I am using a kbox 200 and I wanted a break from having to constantly drip my RDA so I bought a tfv8 cloud beast. I like my resistance around .4 - .5 ohms. I bought the cloud beat mainly because of the airflow and RBA however it comes with pre installed coils running at .15. All I had was more clapton wire and some 24g kanthal. I did 12 wraps around a 3.5 mm core (dual coil).

After per burning and getting the glow right, the coils are reading at .69(which is fine by me).
BUT when I fire, the voltage runs up to 5+ volts (I am using samsung 18650's) and there is a weird hissing sound. If i was sure it was the coils i wouldn't be worried. In an attempt to see if it in fact WAS my batteries I put the tfv8 base on my wifes seigeli 75w tc (same settings) and it fires for about 3-5 seconds before saying to check the battery.

I just don't want this thing to blow up in my face guys. Anyone want to clear thing up for me?
the 75 watt device won't really power that tank. something on the coil is touching somehwere it shouldn't or the connections are loose. what battery are you using? if it's samsung as you say make sure it's a 25R or 30q. and make sure they weren't off ebay where they are probably fake

allanworks

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
sounds like a short to me you tried your rta on two different devices and it caused issue's on both. rebuild and try again if it does the same there's a issue with your rta.

DonorClay

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
the 75 watt device won't really power that tank. something on the coil is touching somehwere it shouldn't or the connections are loose. what battery are you using? if it's samsung as you say make sure it's a 25R or 30q. and make sure they weren't off ebay where they are probably fake

They werent from ebay, they were from a local retailer and they are 25r( sorry I thought I typed that. The coils are not touching anything.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
They werent from ebay, they were from a local retailer and they are 25r( sorry I thought I typed that. The coils are not touching anything.
25R is a good battery. it shouldn't be hissing at all. .69 is way too high. no way it's actually .69 ohms. make sure the coils cool to room temp before installing on a mod. but the .69 leads me to believe you have something wrong in the build

DonorClay

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Should I put these coils on my Mutationx v2 to see if anything changes?

DonorClay

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The original build I did is in there. I have no more kanthal wire at the moment.

DonorClay

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
65xydj.jpg
http://tinypic.com/r/65xydj/9

DonorClay

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I used a calculator when I made my first few clapton builds. I wanted to get the resistance as high as i could with this build, that is why I did not calculate before hand. I do my vape at ~.45 on my rda and I get great clouds.

VU Sponsors