Become a Patron!

Little to no flavor after switching to new atomizer

Okay so I switched over coils and now I barely taste anything when I take hits. I was using the coil for the aspire Atlantis 2.0 tank that came with it and bought a replacement coil. Anyways when I tried to order new ones they said they were discontinuing those coils and were now using ones for the aspire triton tank (which according to their website works with the Atlantis 2.0). I primed it and everything but I have barely any flavor but the clouds are good. I haven't vaped much in the last week either.

I'm using the 60W itaste mvp 3.0 pro mod and the aspire Atlantis 2.0 tank with the aspire triton Clapton coils. What could be the problem?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    973.1 KB · Views: 11

celticluvr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
What Ohms does the package say? The picture isn't the full package. I looked it up and the clapton coils are .5 ohms. You need to up the wattage on your MVP. (I love innokin by the way :) I hope you like your MVP )

The basic rule of thumb is the lower the ohm the higher you need to go on your watts. and the higher the ohm the lower your watts.

My example is I have 2 tanks, an iSub Apex and an Aspire ET-S. I use .5 ohm clapton iSub coils on my iSub, which I vape at 55 watts. I have 1.6 ohm coils for my ET-S, which I vape at 12.5 watts.

I hope this helps. OHH and also if upping the wattage doesn't help, you may have gotten a dud coil. That does sometimes happen with any coil whether factory or self made. ;)

What Ohms does the package say? The picture isn't the full package. I looked it up and the clapton coils are .5 ohms. You need to up the wattage on your MVP. (I love innokin by the way :) I hope you like your MVP )

The basic rule of thumb is the lower the ohm the higher you need to go on your watts. and the higher the ohm the lower your watts.

My example is I have 2 tanks, an iSub Apex and an Aspire ET-S. I use .5 ohm clapton iSub coils on my iSub, which I vape at 55 watts. I have 1.6 ohm coils for my ET-S, which I vape at 12.5 watts.

I hope this helps. OHH and also if upping the wattage doesn't help, you may have gotten a dud coil. That does sometimes happen with any coil whether factory or self made. ;)
Thank you for your response! These are 0.5 ohms. And I'm seeing now that on the side it's saying 40-45W. It's just odd because when I was using my old coils I could vape at 25-30W and it was fine and they were also 0.5 ohm coils. Could it be because they're Clapton coils?

I do love my MVP. And this aspire Atlantis 2 is much better than the tank it came with.

Thank you for your response! These are 0.5 ohms. And I'm seeing now that on the side it's saying 40-45W. It's just odd because when I was using my old coils I could vape at 25-30W and it was fine and they were also 0.5 ohm coils. Could it be because they're Clapton coils?

I do love my MVP. And this aspire Atlantis 2 is much better than the tank it came with.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

Whenever you do something new you *usually* have to play around with it a little to find the new "sweet spot"

But it is a good rule of thumb to start low on the wattage and work your way up slowly.

And welcome to VU!

celticluvr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Yes it is. My iSub came with plain ol' 0.5 ohm coils and were only between 20-35w, my claptons on the other hand go between 30-70 watts. Claptons allow you to vape at higher watts :) Just remember to do as Lucy suggested and go up slowly on your wattage. You'll find where you like it. :)

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Claptons are going to take a higher wattage to get up to temp because they have more mass to heat. I would bump it up to 40 and see how it goes from there.

VU Sponsors