Become a Patron!

LG HG2 batteries: great for the Vaporflask

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I bought a couple of LG HG2 3000 mAh 18650 batteries for my Vapor Flask, and I highly recommend them:

- They slide in freely (as VF owners know, only batteries that are 18.30 mm in diameter or smaller will fit).

- They really do have a 3000 mAh capacity, for a whopping 6000 mAh total: I tested it by vaping the batteries empty, and I got 45 solid hours of chain-vaping at 35W - roughly translating into 2 1/2 days without recharging.

Great batts!

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am thinking of buying these for my sig150 when I order it tommorow night, I am not sure though? These or 25R's? I am highly unlikely to use over 100 watts, it was just only £5 more than the 100 watt, so I thought, why not?

Thats a £1 extra per 10 watts lol.

Tim Vatic

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I need to get some new 18650's. I left 3 sony vtc3's in my SMY 260watt mod for about 5 days while I was away on Holiday and now they are severely over discharged....like 1.3v :(

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not good to hear about your disharged batteries :(. WIll these be good for the sig150?

EDIT: Reading that, I leave one cell in my torch/flashlight, should I not leave it in and take it out when not in use?

Tim Vatic

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Not good to hear about your disharged batteries :(. WIll these be good for the sig150?

EDIT: Reading that, I leave one cell in my torch/flashlight, should I not leave it in and take it out when not in use?

Its fine in your flashlight. This is way different, Its a metal box ( with 3 batteries inside ) that was set on a metal desk for almost a week. It was my error.

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Its fine in your flashlight. This is way different, Its a metal box ( with 3 batteries inside ) that was set on a metal desk for almost a week. It was my error.

Okay, I'll be the one to ask: what does the batteries sitting in a metal box on a metal desk have to do with battery discharge (provided you don't have a short of some kind in the mod)? This sounds about as logical as the myth that says one shouldn't leave a wristwatch on a marble surface lest it stops.

Tim Vatic

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Okay, I'll be the one to ask: what does the batteries sitting in a metal box on a metal desk have to do with battery discharge (provided you don't have a short of some kind in the mod)? This sounds about as logical as the myth that says one shouldn't leave a wristwatch on a marble surface lest it stops.

LOL, Do you believe in Evolution?...... I'm not exactly sure why they over discharged in the SMY260 sitting on my metal desk for 5 days, I just assumed that it was my fault to Conan, because it usually is.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The HG2's got some good test reviews as long as you dont push them past 20 amps..they were found to damage the cell using them to the full potential.

Also consider based on load it may not actually be 3000 mah...thats for a 10 amp load..the higher the load gets the less the mah capacity was tested to be for reason or another on the review...think it was 2600 mah at 20 amps which is still great considering most others are 2300'ish mah being rated 2500 to 2600mah under full load.

NemesisVaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I am thinking of buying these for my sig150 when I order it tommorow night, I am not sure though? These or 25R's? I am highly unlikely to use over 100 watts, it was just only £5 more than the 100 watt, so I thought, why not?

Thats a £1 extra per 10 watts lol.
No good for the 150W in my opinion.

If you're never ever going to try 150W them you'll be Ok up to about 120W, but no more.

Personally I like to use cells that cover the max wattage of a mod at the minimum voltage the mod will let them discharge to. For the Sigelei you'll need 23.5A at 150W. For that, a set of LG HD2 would be ideal. 25r would be fine, but be careful the wattage you use and the current battery voltage.

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
In parallel with a DNA40 mod, the absolute maximum current each battery would have to deliver is 9.3A (that's during pre-heat, with the batteries almost empty) - and much less than that most of the time. My tests show the vaping time with the HG2s is almost exactly 1.5 times the vaping time I get with VTC4s, as expected.

So at least at low currents, I confirm that the HG2 really does have a 3000 mAh capacity.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm not 100% but I'm assuming the mod had a heart beat. Stupid ass hana clone would discharge batteries all by itself.
I'm not 100% but I'm assuming the mod had a heart beat. Stupid ass hana clone would discharge batteries all by itself.

VU Sponsors