Become a Patron!

Lemo 2 vertical TC build

Emberwilde

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
up front please excuse the quality of the photos, my phone is more of a remedial education then a smart phone

I used 6 wraps of 28g ni200 around a 10-32 screw
step1.jpg

secured the lower end first leaving about one thread of the screw showing below the coil for spacing

I then sliced off a strip of Japanese organic cotton the same width as the coil
step2.jpg

and folded down the other lead over the top of it and secured it (note I left one side very short and made sure the long side would wrap clockwise)
I then wrapped the cotton around the coil and trimmed it so that there were 2 layers of cotton
step3.jpg
then screwed down the lower bell section of the chimney with the screw still in place and gently packed the cotton down till it was all below the threads inside the bell
after that I juiced it up and removed the screw
step4.jpg
using a 10-32 screw gave me perfectly spaced coil with an ID larger then the air hole in the deck, so there is zero restriction on air flow.
the build comes in at 0.12ohms
step5.jpg
and is working fantastic on my Sigelei 75w at 500deg/75w

Last edited:

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Nice! Gonna give that a shot when I recoil my Lemo Drop!

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nice one! I am going to give this a try as I am having trouble getting my lemo V2 to work in TC mode (It is a genuine lemo V2, not a clone).

Did you use the through the post hole method or wrap around the screw method? I couldn't quite make it out from the pics lol, but thats for the guide.

I realise I have been packing my lemo wrong for a while, which might explain dry hits and such. I get confused easily as we know, and where I Have been using an orchard lately, I have been wicking that, but realise I have been putting too LITTLE into my lemo during rewicks. I have had to do what I call 'suck throughs' which is where you block the air flow holes completely with the side of your finger and left hand thumb, make an airtight seal, then suck real hard. You can then see an airbubble plop out, that is replaced with juice :).

Even if I can't get TC working (Which I should, you guys have no trouble) at least I know I was using the lemo wrong lately.

Might be an idea to go over the instructions of all my devices again quickly for a refresher, as I forget sometimes how to lock in TC on a new coil on my sigelei or IPV as they are different button presses, down plus fire on the sig, both up and down on the IPV.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Erm can I ask what is in the middle of yours?The circular bit? Mine does not seem to have that once unscrewed to put a coil in, and it is defnitely a Lemo V2 as I got it from a vape shop I use regularly, and checked it was genuine with the scratch code, as it cost me £25?

EDIT:I just realised, is it a coil maker/ screwsdriver you was talking about in the tutorial? I was worried for a minute part of mine was missing lol.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Haha, its bloody working! I dont know if not putting enough wick in was making it not work, but it is working on my Xcube 2 perfectly!

I can not thank you enough for this guide, as without it I would of coniunued to use too little Wick.

Emberwilde, you may be newer here but you taught me something today. Tc is new to me, I have had devices that do it but have just used kanthal as have not been impressed, as I thought I had a nickel allergy but it turned out to be a real nasty throat and chest infection coming on, that has only really finally left me in the past week or so, I had 3 courses of antibiotics to get rid of it.

Now, nickel is fine on my throat! Thank you so much.

Jah

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
doesnt that one long leg (the one coming from the top of the coil) throw TC off?

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
doesnt that one long leg (the one coming from the top of the coil) throw TC off?
I guess you would have to add leg length into the equation, you can do it on the steam engine calculator, but It usually is leg length equal, not one short one long, so I am not too sure.

All I know is I managed to get mine working with this guide, I did not build a vertical coil but realised I was using far too little cotton, which was causing it not to work, it would read the resistance correctly but then change straight to watt mode.

Emberwilde

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
the difference in length is negligible, additionally the longer side is encased in cotton so there is no chance of it over heating..

Reactions: Jah

Emberwilde

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Haha, its bloody working! I dont know if not putting enough wick in was making it not work, but it is working on my Xcube 2 perfectly!

I can not thank you enough for this guide, as without it I would of coniunued to use too little Wick.

Emberwilde, you may be newer here but you taught me something today. Tc is new to me, I have had devices that do it but have just used kanthal as have not been impressed, as I thought I had a nickel allergy but it turned out to be a real nasty throat and chest infection coming on, that has only really finally left me in the past week or so, I had 3 courses of antibiotics to get rid of it.

Now, nickel is fine on my throat! Thank you so much.
glad to have helped, and for the record I once posted on how to wick the lemo 2 and get zero leaks and zero dry hits as well.. it is not a matter of how much cotton, rather how you place it.

Erm can I ask what is in the middle of yours?The circular bit? Mine does not seem to have that once unscrewed to put a coil in, and it is defnitely a Lemo V2 as I got it from a vape shop I use regularly, and checked it was genuine with the scratch code, as it cost me £25?
if you read the guide you will note I said I used a 10-32 screw
screw.jpg

given the pound indicator for you a metric equivalent would probably be easier to acquire

VU Sponsors