Become a Patron!

Led lights on ecig

vaporchaos

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
is there anyway to get rid of the led light that shines when you inhale on a halo g6 ecig

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Perhaps some nail polish to match the tube color?

But doesn't the LED blink to tell you it is time to recharge?

MD_Boater

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Paint it with something. You can make a tiny scratch in the paint if you need a tiny bit of light to check the charge status.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Or get an eGo.

No light on the end. Just the power button which can be covered with your finger.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
ahhh damn.. was hoping this would help me get one on mine..
my mech could use a lil light for the holidays :)

ghost62

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There are sites (can't think of any off the top of my head but I've seen them) that sell 'ash caps'. They're basically a slip-on plastic cover that hides the light.
A more permanent solution would be to gently, GENTLY cut the glue holding the light in with an exacto knife and GENTLY pry out the LED. Snip the wires to the light and tie them together to complete the circuit being careful to wrap the connection so no bare wire touches anything else- not other internal components, not the sides of the tube, nothing.
A drop of super glue should hold the end back in.
On the plus side, you should get a miniscule amount of power increase, but the down side is HUGE. You will have no way of knowing when to recharge. I know they are small, but discharging ANY battery too low can cause them to fail and even cig-a-likes will vent under the right conditions.
Not a good thing.
Best bet is the first option. The other carries too much potential risk and the only reason I even brought it up is too point out the dangers in case someone else suggested it.
Good luck and I will see if I can find some ash caps for sale.

ghost62

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No luck finding the ash caps yet.
At this point, I'm thinking nail polish...

MD_Boater

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A more permanent solution would be to gently, GENTLY cut the glue holding the light in with an exacto knife and GENTLY pry out the LED. Snip the wires to the light and tie them together to complete the circuit being careful to wrap the connection so no bare wire touches anything else- not other internal components, not the sides of the tube, nothing.
A drop of super glue should hold the end back in
@ghost62 - Don't do that.

Last edited:

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee