Become a Patron!

Latest purchase thread

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
What lens?
Oh just one of those phone lens combos. It was on his Christmas list. He loves taking pictures of bugs. He and his sister swap pics of bugs and odd critters, back and forth. She's in TX, we're in KY. They have some great photos, considering they're only phone pics. Strangest critter he ever snapped, was a selfie. :huh:

Amber Petti

Platinum Contributor
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
When did you change your name? I keep thinking that I need to welcome you to VU! ;)
Yesterday. It’s my real name now. :)
ROTFL I can see we are all gonna have fun with this one for days to come.... :tantrum:
Y’all just like picking on me:cry::blech:
Just call her Bella. :giggle:
Y’all can call me Bella still. Idc. I changed it for my art page. This way it’d be more professional and less confusing if people from here visit my page. :)

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Yesterday. It’s my real name now. :)

Y’all just like picking on me:cry::blech:

Y’all can call me Bella still. Idc. I changed it for my art page. This way it’d be more professional and less confusing if people from here visit my page. :)

PROFESSIONAL? We don't need no stinkin PROFESSIONAL. Where u been, woman? U been hangin out at the poetry site again?

DaBunny

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Bought a miyabi chef knife.. time to retire one of my 20 year old wusthof knives.
Cant open it until christmas though :(

DANG so your saying your swapped dis
599.jpg

for this??
35188.jpg

whens your garage sale cuz i want the 20 year old wusthof knives.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
DANG so your saying your swapped dis
599.jpg

for this??
35188.jpg

whens your garage sale cuz i want the 20 year old wusthof knives.
Yeah I traded the ikon for the artison.

Lol, I won't sell them. My stepson is showing interest in getting into cooking. They've been loyal through a 20 year career and I'd like to hand them down to the next generation.

Thank you for the interest though.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
NICE toys to work with
Very much so! You really can't beat either one. I've had henckels in the past, but the wusthof felt better in the hand and held an edge longer. Wusthof was also easier to sharpen on a stone.
I've seen some deals on the ikons at the cutlery and more website. They usually have good holiday sales.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Bought a new multi-meter lol

$20

upload_2019-12-20_7-21-43.png

I spent 3 times as much on this one than I did the last one, in which the cheap leads finally said enough, and I said enough on repairing them.

Plus this one reads to the thousandth where the other was to the hundredth.

Yup, just for voltage reads on new atomizers :facepalm

DaBunny

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Very much so! You really can't beat either one. I've had henckels in the past, but the wusthof felt better in the hand and held an edge longer. Wusthof was also easier to sharpen on a stone.
I've seen some deals on the ikons at the cutlery and more website. They usually have good holiday sales.
I have chicago feels good in the hand yet dulls faster
would give my eye teeth for some of dat GOOD GERMAN STEEL..
Wusthof's feel FABULIOUS like an extension of your hand..
and can KEEP a sharp edge..

when i read you were setting aside a set of Wusthof's
it put a lump in me throte and i wanted to cry...
so am GLAD der going to be used and appreciated

Last edited:

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I have chicago feels good in the hand yet dulls faster
would give my eye teeth for some of dat GOOD GERMAN STEEL..
Wusthof's feel FABULIOUS like an extension of your hand..
and can KEEP a sharp edge..

when i read you were setting aside a set of Wusthof's
it put a lump in me throte and i wanted to cry...
so am GLAD der going to be used and appreciated
Yeah I would always make sure something like this will still see use. I still use my first set of german blades in occasion for nostalgia sake. My daily skillet is a family heirloom cast iron.

But seriously, checkout
https://www.cutleryandmore.com/wusthof.htm

And dont buy a set. All you need is a good chef knife to start, buy the other pieces as you go, in the order of the frequency they'll be used.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Bahahaha
Reminds me of the year my dad got my mom an electrolux vaccum for christmas... I thought that would be our last Christmas.

Mr J has gotten me some wonderful gifts through the years, but there was a break in period for sure

He went through a about a five-year spirt of buying me stuff he wanted for himself - fishing vest, assault rifle, hedge trimmer, etc

I finally threatened to start buying him stuff for my hobbies for Father's Day and things we needed for the house for Christmas and birthdays like carpet shampooer and curtains for the kitchen

Remarkably, he got the message, lol

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes, but not worse when it's something she's asked for. We have 3 sinks in two bathrooms. 2 of the 3 have been out of commission from rust through for over a year. Wife and I have been sharing a sink and the kids brush their teeth in the kitchen.
See my wife wanted the fryer. Lol. It was all she asked for. We eat a lot of fried food in the south

VapeJunkie

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
I went to the local pub and had a few bourbons and asked the bartender for a soda to use as a chaser for my sleep aid and I could have swore I recognized the bartender. Anyhow I made it back to the car and that is all I could remember. I woke up in bed with my clothes folded neatly at the other end of the bed with a note that said "Thanks, Love Bill" Many thoughts ran through my head as I tried to figure out the night before until it hit me... I did recognize the bartender... I've been Cosby-ed!!!!!!!!

Ok Ok I kid...... I did purchase a few drinks though and left a hefty tip.... Hope the laugh made someones day....

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I went to the local pub and had a few bourbons and asked the bartender for a soda to use as a chaser for my sleep aid and I could have swore I recognized the bartender. Anyhow I made it back to the car and that is all I could remember. I woke up in bed with my clothes folded neatly at the other end of the bed with a note that said "Thanks, Love Bill" Many thoughts ran through my head as I tried to figure out the night before until it hit me... I did recognize the bartender... I've been Cosby-ed!!!!!!!!

Ok Ok I kid...... I did purchase a few drinks though and left a hefty tip.... Hope the laugh made someones day....

Bill wouldn’t have folded your clothes.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I bought three pies for the holidays. Since we aren’t mentioning vape related purchases. But they’re really yummy and being delivered tomorrow. From a farm.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So what went wrong? It sounds okay. :hug:
Not a great present for a wife at Christmas. Lol. I'm super terrible at presents so I buy exactly what everyone wants. Or cash. This year the boys are getting new bikes and my 3 daughters get cash. The wife wants silicone spatulas. Wtf else and I'm supposed to buy her? Pots and pans? She cooks more than anyone I know. We used to host dinner parties where she'd cook for some times 20 people.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Not a great present for a wife at Christmas. Lol. I'm super terrible at presents so I buy exactly what everyone wants. Or cash. This year the boys are getting new bikes and my 3 daughters get cash. The wife wants silicone spatulas. Wtf else and I'm supposed to buy her? Pots and pans? She cooks more than anyone I know. We used to host dinner parties where she'd cook for some times 20 people.

Does she like jewelry? It’s usually a good gift. What I meant about the fryer is if she really wanted one and/or asked for one, then it should be okay? Oh well, have a good holiday no matter how it turns out! :hug:

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Same here I get them what they ask for. I have my wife and kids make lists. Then I try to pull from those lists pulse a couple of surprises from my observations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
The wife and I have amazon lists.. we just put on the list the things we want; but, don't want to buy ourselves.
This way, there's an element of surprise without the guessing bullshit.
I usually pick a few things from the list and add a something from observation.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years

how about a dinner and movie or something else she like. dress nice, be gentlemanly, treat her real nice.
and if you want to be real nice, take a shower !

lol, just kind'n bro.

but really, if you both don't be alone and go out much, i bet she'll dig that.
then, if your lucky, you could hide the snake in the bush (that was hilarious dude !)

good luck :)

VU Sponsors