Become a Patron!

Kudos to Capella for attemping vape safe flavors...

Peter Shukin

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Vanilla Custard V2: acetoin and ap (acetyl propionyl) free and several others. I've been avoiding things like custards, barvarian cream and many others as I won't mix anything with acetoin. I smoked for 40 years, I don't need to poison myself with something that is supposed to save my life. Any V2 flavor by Capella is acetoin/ap free.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I know nothing about butyric acid. Is it considered safe to vape at the moment?

If diketones give you pause, it makes sense to read about butyric acid and decide whether or not you want to vape it. It's discussed in a couple threads here. Some starting places:
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/diacetyl-acetyl-propionyl-and-acetoin-in-flavorings.3351/
http://vapingunderground.com/thread...he-new-tfa-dx-diketone-free-flavorings.35190/

You can also google butyric acid inhalation for similar discussions elsewhere on the web and links to existing (incomplete) scientific data.

Last edited:

Peter Shukin

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It's getting to the point all I want to inhale is VG, and even that I'm worried about. All I can do is reduce as much crap as possible in my mixes, and hope I don't die of cancer like my mother and father did from smoking. If I live longer vaping... I guess I win!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
It's getting to the point all I want to inhale is VG, and even that I'm worried about. All I can do is reduce as much crap as possible in my mixes, and hope I don't die of cancer like my mother and father did from smoking. If I live longer vaping... I guess I win!

If you want to avoid diacetyl, all related diketones, and butyric acid, you can still choose from excellent flavors and make top-notch vapes. Keeping your total flavoring as low as possible helps minimize exposure to the ingredients in any flavoring. Vaping unflavored avoids it completely, and many vapers find it pleasant. Different vapers have different tolerance for risk, and it sounds as if yours is understandable low. If I can help you find information you need to decide what you're comfortable vaping, let me know.

EthelMaltol

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@HeadInClouds is correct, 100000% correct. Since going that route I have been mixing more with a ton less flavoring and finding it more enjoyable instead of the gag inducing high % mixes.
Recently, I have found myself diluting vendor juices. I have a liter of vg. I'm also trying to cut down my nic level, so diluting helps.

Pillzee

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I personally am not that picky. After smoking for 20 some odd years at 2+ packs a day. I feel no matter what I inhale is better than that crap in cigs. Nothing is 100% safe and I know I feel a lot better now off the analogs.

That's my theory and I'm sticking to it. I will keep vaping it.... for science :p

returnity

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If you wanna give kudos to CAP for making V2 (relatively disappointing, IMO) versions of their flavors, then I can't imagine what kind of award you'll want to buy FlavorArt for their unmatched effort in testing and vape-certifying their ENTIRE LINE of vaping flavors as diketone-free without comprimising their ungodly deliciousness. CAP is actually well below FA and TFA in the ranking of transparency and concern for vapers, though their $25K donation to the vaping cause did win them some goodwill from me recently.

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If you wanna give kudos to CAP for making V2 (relatively disappointing, IMO) versions of their flavors, then I can't imagine what kind of award you'll want to buy FlavorArt for their unmatched effort in testing and vape-certifying their ENTIRE LINE of vaping flavors as diketone-free without comprimising their ungodly deliciousness. CAP is actually well below FA and TFA in the ranking of transparency and concern for vapers, though their $25K donation to the vaping cause did win them some goodwill from me recently.

What was that "vaping cause", specifically?

[Calling @Shark Vape - s/he might also like to know]

Zanaspus

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

So you're saying that BullCityVapor showing some of TFA's flavors with their caution background is outdated and patently false? Personally, I stick with FA and Inawera for the most part.

VU Sponsors