• 2 x 19x1N70 O-ring
• Secures Top Cap to Deck Base
• Available in the Kennedy 24 Rebuild Kit
• 1 x AS568-112N70 O-ring
• Secures Friction Fit Drip Tip

[ Ti K24 + Cu Center Post | SS K24 + SS Center Post ]
vkvjarR.jpg

Simple Test Build:

Dual 22g 316L Ø3.75mm 7/6 wrap. A USA Ohm Meter 3D Printed meter was used to verify an expected resistance of 0.11Ω to 0.12Ω.

PvxHJ64.jpg

Positive Impressions:

• Domed chamber of top cap improves laminar flow.
• Heavy-duty construction speaks of high build quality.
• Top cap seats on deck ledge above the airflow ingress.
• Reduced accumulation of liquid along exterior of deck base.
• Multiple cap and tip options help dictate the overall vaping experience.
• Dragon Cap | Slam Cap 24 | Demon Cap 24 | Fat Dragon Tip
• Non-adjustable 510 positive pin eliminates potential for cam-out.
• Multiple finishes satisfy aesthetic and durability concerns.
• Outstanding O-ring seal assembly performance.

Negative Impressions:

• Triple post system for a top-of-the-line RDA.
• Increase in leg power loss for certain builds centered over airflow.
• Bottom airflow = Increased rate of carbonization along top of coils.
• Mitigated by Slam Cap 24 | Demon Cap 24 | Fat Dragon Tip
• Airflow tubes consume and reduce well & wicking capacity.
• Ø2.0mm post holes limit large and/or complex coil builds.

Additional Commentary:

I would have preferred a 510 positive protrusion ≥ 1mm and the quad airflow tubes do restrict available wicking space. However, the use of rayon with thinned tails negates the latter, even with larger 4mm ID coils. While I have not experienced much in the way of cam-out with the Phillips post screws, I have considered the use of T7 Torx drive screws as an alternative in their place. There have been reports of the press-fit posts dislodging as a result of either missed QA opportunities, applied shear forces, or both. As this does not appear to be a common occurrence, I have not listed it as a negative. Nor have I listed the presence of a copper center post in direct contact with e-liquid as a negative as the option for a stainless center post exists as a custom alternative for the stainless deck. The K24 can and will leak if severely overdripped from the top. Decapping is the recommended filling method. Rather than painting coils, best results are obtained by saturating the cavities in between the deck wall and the airflow tubes/negative posts. Long-term use over a period of eight months has not revealed any potential signs of O-ring degradation much less failure. Kennedy Enterprises offers accessible customer service within normal business hours. Not including third-party accessories, there exists thousands of available deck, cap and tip combinations for consumers of all types to dial in their preferred vaping styles. Clouds? Dragon Cap + Fat Dragon Tip. More clouds? Demon Cap 24 + Fat Dragon Tip. Flavor? No problem. Slam Cam 24 + standard drip tip. My preferred combination is plain and simple: Slam Cap 24 + Black Delrin Fat Dragon Tip. Months have come and gone and hundreds, if not thousands of atomizers have since been released into the market. Yet the K24 has remained a steadfast vape with a growing list of accessories which fundamentally alter the dynamics of vaping by providing consumers with the means to adjust air-to-vapor ratio to suit. Because of this and despite its shortcomings, the K24 remains one of the RDAs I recommend the most to vapers both new and old alike.

[ Cu K24 + Black Cerakote RH | SS K24 + White Cerakote RH ]
0Ie8Y7A.jpg

Fat Dragon Tip (Accessory):

[ Black Delrin Fat Dragon Tip | Standard White Delrin Tip ]
c4n8WCY.jpg

• May reduce rate of coil carbonization by improving heat dissipation.
• Greater draw volume for increased airflow rate and vapor production.
• Friction fit for the Ruby/K24/K22. 17.5mm OD. 13mm to 11.25mm tapering ID.
• Improved (visual) juice capacity feedback reduces the prospect of overdripping.
Fat Dragon Tip available in assorted colors direct from Kennedy Enterprises.
• Copper | Brass | Stainless Steel | Black Delrin | Colored Acrylic
• Radiused and more comfortable to vape than the standard tip (YMMV).

Slam Cap 24 (Accessory):

[ SS Slam Cap 24 + Dark Blue Swirl Fat Dragon Tip | SS Dragon Cap + Black Delrin Fat Dragon Tip ]
wFVN9hf.jpg

• Domed Chamber
• 24mm Outside Diameter
• 22mm Height w/o Drip Tip
• Dragon Cap = 24.5mm w/o Drip Tip
• Virtually No Loss in Vapor Production
• Standard K24 Drip Tips Extend into Chamber
• Use K24 Drip Tips w/ 4.5mm Neck
• Shorter Chamber = Reduced Air-to-Vapor Ratio
• Reduced Air-toVapor Ratio = Condensed Vapor
• Condensed Vapor = Greater Potential Flavor
• Available in Cu/Brass/SS/Black Cerakote
• 1 x AS568-112N70 O-ring
• Secures Friction Fit Drip Tip
• CNC Engraved Branding
• Limited Production Part

Related Posts & Threads:

Kennedy Enterprises: The Ruby Mod
Kennedy Enterprises: The Roundhouse Mod

qyA9g1m.jpg

Last edited:

vap3r

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have noticed a number of recommendations and versus posts for the K24 and thought I would create this thread as a means to consolidate the reason(s) why some of you advocate, or discourage its use. Offhand, the K24 is probably the RDA I reach for most often when not in the midst of testing other units. What do you folks like about it? What do you dislike about it? And what improvements would you like to see incorporated into future revisions of the K24?

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Tsunami 24 > Kennedy 24. The Kennedy is still using a three post deck with small post holes, no matter how well it's machined you can't get past the fact it's not going to eat up fused or staple clapton builds. The Tsunami will, and the Tsunami has slightly more airflow than the Kennedy has and the 24mm verison is launching soon. Price is way lower, velocity style deck, way bigger post holes, more stock airflow, tempered screws. The Kennedy never had a chance.

vap3r

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Agreed for the most part. The K24 in its standard form certainly gives up a number of points to the Tsunami 24, namely that of price, desireable post configuration and post hole size. A production update to the Ø4.5mm center post of the Ruby with its Ø2.5mm post hole would certainly be welcome. Though built to custom specifications, the K24 is able to close or reverse the performance gap (while concomitantly increasing the price gap) for use with less complex builds with high coil mass: Demon Cap 24 + Fat Dragon Tip + Comp Lyfe Ti-6Al-4V post screws. I will have a Tsunami 24 in hand shortly and will post my impressions of it in due time. Offhand, there are only a few concerns that I anticipate with the Tsunami 24:

• Top cap seats on deck ledge below the airflow ingress.
• Excessive liquid accumulates along the exterior walls of the deck.
• There is no supporting sealing assembly below the airflow ingress.
• Recapping leads to liquid being displaced off the ledge and onto the mod.
• Accumulation of liquid over time results in volume leak flow onto the mod.
• Airflow tubes consume and reduce total well & wicking capacity.

Last edited:

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Every Kennedy I've owned I've drilled the post holes out to 3mm on, and if I went 3.5mm it would have cleared the width of the post and snapped it. Even with 3mm posts, sharing the positive post limits you with specialty builds. A lot of people like to think slightly altering the inner shape of the chamber is going to overhaul the vape, AKA Slam Cap, Demon Cap for more airflow, etc. The reality is, the caps are almost as much as the RDA itself, and they're not going to overhaul performance. On my original competition Kennedy I got the Demon Cap, and all I noticed was a significant decrease in flavor and vapor density, I wasn't able to do anything more on my builds. I like a lot of heat, so I don't need ass tons of airflow to vape the way I like. The reality is, with slightly more airflow, damned near equal build quality to the Kennedy, almost a 1/4 the cost, a velocity style deck with much larger post holes that makes it easier to build and position coils, the Tsunami is the superior and smarter purchase.

When you build on a three post, centering the coils becomes extra work, you have to make one leg longer and bend both legs at angles when making the coils. On the Kennedy 24 you have to center your builds if you want proper air-to-coil efficiency. Couple this with the limits on builds due to the sharing of the small positive post hole, the Kennedy becomes a major pain in the ass to build unless you like bare bones basic round wire coils.

No matter how many special, money-grab (that's what they are, just being honest about how I feel) top caps and drip tips the Machinist offers with the Kennedy, you can't get past it's fatal flaw. A VERY out-dated deck design with mediocre sized post holes in an RDA that requires centered coil builds. With the Tsunami, there's virtually no effort in centering your coils, the post holes allow much larger wire, and on dual coil builds you do not have to share post holes. Then with the slightly higher amount of stock airflow, the well thought out chamber design of the Tsunami, you get performance that is better than the Kennedy 24mm. Easier to build on, able to use specialty builds that literally outperform builds that fit in the Kennedy, much cheaper, I hate to repeat myself here, but. It's a fact.

The Kennedy 24mm is grossly overpriced for an RDA with an extremely out-dated deck design with small post holes. It's simply not worth the trade off. People who pay over $100 for RDA's are typically hardcore builders, and the Kennedy 24mm is one of the most limiting RDA's on the current market for a hardcore builder. You won't be using huge clapton, fused clapton, staple, alien or etc. builds in the 24mm, and the builds you do fit will undoubtedly require more effort to install due to centering on a three post than the Tsunami.

What is the point of designing a 24mm RDA if you can't fit huge builds in it due to the deck design and post holes?

The entire point of a 24mm RDA is for bigger builds, higher wattage, more extreme styles of vaping. You up the size, yet keep the same janky 22mm sized 3 post deck with small post hoes? That kills the entire point, with a 24mm RDA, you make the overall chamber larger, which DECREASES flavor and density output. So, you can't fit bigger builds due to deck design/post hole limitations, and the size increase kills flavor and density. Therefore, the entire POINT of the 24mm Kennedy is null and void. It was a poorly thought out mistake, which is a shame because the original Competition Kennedy was worth the money I paid. In today's market, with the builds almost ALL rebuildable atomizer users put in their RDA's now, the Kennedy 24mm is left in the dust and simply is not worth the money when you can literally buy an RDA with a better deck design for FAR less money.

Last edited:

vap3r

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Different caps certainly do alter the air-to-vapor ratio of the system as a whole, though I would agree that defining it as a complete overhaul would be hyperbole. I recommend that you try the Slam Cap 24 + Fat Dragon Tip before providing a definitive response based on past experiences with the Competition Kennedy. Or not. I am not a fanboy either way and appreciate all things RDA. Offhand, neither the K24 nor the Tsunami 24 are perfectly suited towards large, complex builds owing to the airflow tubes reducing available wicking space. For such builds, my preference remains the MCV Fuel 2.0. So we agree on the three post design of the K24 with its Ø2.0mm post holes being a definite negative :) .

Last edited:

cloudsbroclouds

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
i rock a kennedy 24 and think you guys covered everything that needs to be said already lol. maybe one thing might be that the engravings at the bottom are not always smooth and when you place the kennedy 24 on a mod with a flush 510 that it might scratch the mod. i don't think this happens with every kennedy 24 but it is just something i noticed. their website kinda sucks too cuz you have more info here than they have on theirs lol.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
The Tsunami has wider and slightly more spaced air tubes than the Kennedy, making larger builds extremely possible, I imagine the 24 will be designed to accommodate. I'm not just taking about coil width, there's no way you're fitting dual triple core fused alien claptons in a Kennedy 24, but you're very inclined to fit them in a Tsunami.

Last edited:

cloudsbroclouds

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
i rock eight wraps of 20g stainless and it fits in the kennedy 24 and got a fat dragon and can say for sure that it changes how the kennedy 24 vapes. yeah the triple post is bunk but so is juice getting all up under the tsunami top cap and over the atty and mod. this is friggin annoying. so if tsunami 24 keeps the same top cap then kennedy 24 > tsunami 24 cuz of ergonomics for my flattened 20g coils. but if you want to go with triple fused then yeah the tsunami got it going.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors