Become a Patron!

Kayfun Mini V3 clone - "check atomizer"

Newtsche

Member For 5 Years
I thought I'd give this clone a shot, it's getting pretty good reviews and it's cheap.

I built a 1.5 coil and nothing. I went ahead and disassembled it and gave it a good wash, lots of talk about machine oil with this. Still nothing. I've tried a couple different mods and my vaping ohmmeter/tester. I get "check atomizer" on the mods and nothing happening on the ohmmeter. I checked the coil with a multimeter, it's ok, and looked at continuity, also seems to be ok.

The clone 510 pin can't really be backed out, the deck gets wobbly. I can adjust my mods so I know there's physical contact going on.

I could be an idiot, might well be, is the clone defective or am I missing something?

Newtsche

Member For 5 Years
I solved the problem.

This is a black Kayfun clone. For those familiar with the Mini V3, the 510 pin goes through a squarish plate on the bottom of the deck. I had to remove the black coating from the bottom of that plate and the shelf it sits on in the bottom of the deck. The external 510 threads were being insulated from the rest of the deck.

Frankm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Kayfun v3 mini no atomizer fix

Man, I'm glad you posted this. Ive got a black one as well. I've been chasing down the positive side, without even considering the negative side. I found a knife sharing whit stone before sand paper. The stone knocked the paint of the inner side of the square in nothing flat. Ohm reader now working. Time to finish this build and test it out

Thanks!

VU Sponsors