Become a Patron!

Kayfun lite or kayfun 3.1?

goldandrewp

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I want a tank to go on my ipv3 but can't decide. I want good airflow! I also want a clone cuz my authentic tug is my baby. What do u guys think.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Most people get a version of the lite. I like the 3.1 better. The ehpro 3.1 I have has the bottom cap that will collect leaks (mine has only leaked when I did something wrong), two fill screws, two coil mounting options, and the machining is really nice (much better than most clones). Lots of accessories for full size or lite. A well made kayfun will always be part of my collection. It's what I use most.

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I want a tank to go on my ipv3 but can't decide. I want good airflow! I also want a clone cuz my authentic tug is my baby. What do u guys think.

If Tugboat is your baby, are you sure you wouldn't rather consider Orchid? Re Kayfun, 2 x coils, 2 x air holes, 2 x juice channels. Best airflow in a tank. For stealth, I still carry around my Kayfuns in nano mode because they don't suck up the juices (liquid and electrical) at the rate of Orchid. Otherwise, as a lung hitter Kayfun takes the back seat.

goldandrewp

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ok I'm considering an orchid. Anything u guys can tell me

goldandrewp

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Wasn't really impressed wth the lemo. The orchid looks awesome and I know everyone loves kayfuns. Could I put an orchid on my lpv3

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wasn't really impressed wth the lemo. The orchid looks awesome and I know everyone loves kayfuns. Could I put an orchid on my lpv3

Not sure I get the question, unless you intend to run at a tenth of an ohm. Can put it on anything you put your Tugboat on. Maybe check out Orchid Modification thread for various info.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Good airflow and Kayfun are not synonymous. I personally can vouch for the Orchid V4. I run dual micros at .2ohm and vape them at 75w with NO issues.

Eric DeCastro

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have the kayfun lite which I like for it's size, single base. I just don't like the way you attach the coils. I am running twisted 26g wire and it's hard to get under the screws. I ordered a 3.1 because of the side mounting for the coil legs, but the trade off was the extra cap on the bottom. so each has a (+) and (-) for me. so to solve the problem, I use an orchid. lol. I don't even have my V3.1 yet and can already see it set off to the side for my Orchid V4.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Back when i was still using my kayfuns, i didn't really enjoy building on it because of the tiny screws and the lack of post side holes.

ajaymes2001

Member For 5 Years
If you have to choose between a 3.1 and a lite...choose both. They both are really decent tanks, each has pros and cons. But, if you really, really, really have to choose, go with the lite

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The 3.1 ES for me. Better airflow is better airflow.

The orchid v4 clone at fasttech is about 23 bucks. Good if your a lung hitter. Big airflow. Huge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Back when i was still using my kayfuns, i didn't really enjoy building on it because of the tiny screws and the lack of post side holes.
Knurled thumbscrews are available and the 3.1 has side mounting holes. If the 3.1 is too tall for some, nano kits are available. If a person just doesn't want to use one then ok, but most issues can be solved due to availability of quality accessories.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If you have to choose between a 3.1 and a lite...choose both. They both are really decent tanks, each has pros and cons. But, if you really, really, really have to choose, go with the lite
If you really have to choose, get the one with more options. The 3.1.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If you want airflow, go with the Russian V2.

VU Sponsors