Become a Patron!

Kangertech subox mini leaking.

okeasykilla

Member For 5 Years
Hello all. A friend of mine has a kangertech subox mini. It has been leaking from the tank. Me & another vapesta believe it's because she's unscrewing the tank to fill from the top & not the bottom. Any other suggestions on why this tank leaks?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wasn't aware you could even fill from the top!

Unless they've changed the design, all mine are meant to be filled from the bottom. So, yes, that could explain the leaking. Also she could try changing the o rings and making sure the coil is screwed in tight.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I wasn't aware you could even fill from the top!

Unless they've changed the design, all mine are meant to be filled from the bottom. So, yes, that could explain the leaking. Also she could try changing the o rings and making sure the coil is screwed in tight.
+1 the Subtanks are all to be filled from the bottom.

okeasykilla

Member For 5 Years
Thanks guys. I know the subox fills from the bottom & she does as well. The thing is she grabs the top of the tank (instead of gripping the bottom of the tank) to unscrew & refill. Sorry if I wasn't clear. What size is the o ring? Do you guys think she can pick a set of o rings up from a local retailer? (Philly area) or will she have to go online & find o rings?

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks guys. I know the subox fills from the bottom & she does as well. The thing is she grabs the top of the tank (instead of gripping the bottom of the tank) to unscrew & refill. Sorry if I wasn't clear. What size is the o ring? Do you guys think she can pick a set of o rings up from a local retailer? (Philly area) or will she have to go online & find o rings?

The tank comes with spare o rings! Also sometimes if you just take off the base and give it a really good cleaning the leaking will stop.

okeasykilla

Member For 5 Years
Thanks. Her subox did not come with spare o rings, we looked last night (bummer). I also asked if she had cleaned it since she got it, she didnt. I'll let her know to give it a good cleaning with dish soap & let it air dry.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks. Her subox did not come with spare o rings, we looked last night (bummer). I also asked if she had cleaned it since she got it, she didnt. I'll let her know to give it a good cleaning with dish soap & let it air dry.

Make sure she takes off all the o rings and washes those separately! The spare o rings should be at the bottom under everything. I've had 5 tanks and they all came with spare o rings!

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Last I checked, the only way you could even TRY to fill a mini through the top, is to remove the tip and subsequently flood the coil.

The glass won't stay on the bottom without support. And the support is attached to the top. I have to wrestle the glass from mine, all of them.

Flooding on a Kanger generally happens for 2 reasons. Not being screwed tightly enough, coil or base. Or not enough cotton.

That's been my experience. I own 4 Kangers. None of which leak or flood since I discovered those 3 issues.

VU Sponsors