Kanger subtank mini leaking

Heather

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have been using the subtonic mini for about a month. It just recently started leaking badly. Like a half tank full of juice leaks out the airholes. Why? I am not sure.

Panther1911

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
using the OCC coils or RBA head?

Joeyvapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I don't know that device but I'm betting it's the wicking. Had similar trouble on a different atty and changing my wicking technique cured it.

Faceless Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sounds to me from what you said that you have either an atty that isnt down tight enough (not too tight though)
Joey I dont think he is rebuilding it.

Also, If you are over filling the tank and getting it into the chamber it can leak on you.

Heather

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm using the occ heads. 1.2's. Maybe I overfilled it. I normally use 50/50 liquid. Recently I switched to anml looper and am not sure what the ratio is on that juice.

Faceless Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Most likely 70/30
If you over filled it that can definitely cause it. Check the heads and make sure they are down tight enough (not toooo tight)
If that doesn't help we will go from there.

Heather

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It's down tight. It dumped juice out all over my clothes all at once. Not slowly. It definitely isn't overfilled now.

Bid2ask77

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
How old is the coil in your Subtank. Just might need to replaced.

greendodo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah, I my mini sometimes leaks aswell, but only when I over fill the RBA section, because there is a little airhole on the bottom of the deck.

Heather

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The coil is not that old, less than a week. The last coil I used much longer. I think I overfilled it because the problem hasn't continued. Thank you too all. How long do you use your coils for?

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Are you sure that bottom o ring is in place? Mine fell off the base, and I only just noticed it as I was screwing the tank back together!

yup that happened to me as well .. took me a few min to notice

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The coil is not that old, less than a week. The last coil I used much longer. I think I overfilled it because the problem hasn't continued. Thank you too all. How long do you use your coils for?

it depends.. I've been getting really long times but they vary - first stock coil I had i went through 9 tanks before I decided to switch it out (on the full sized subtank) i was really surprised.. the next one didn't get that much life out of it

Reactions: Jah

Jah

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
it depends.. I've been getting really long times but they vary - first stock coil I had i went through 9 tanks before I decided to switch it out (on the full sized subtank) i was really surprised.. the next one didn't get that much life out of it
yup same here, i get anywhere between 4-9 days, seems kind of random, kind of reminds me of wqay back when and the randomness of kanger protank heads, 1 great, 1 meh, 1 good, 1 bad. No bad ones yet, but the 4 day ones are a bit of a bummer

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
yup same here, i get anywhere between 4-9 days, seems kind of random, kind of reminds me of wqay back when and the randomness of kanger protank heads, 1 great, 1 meh, 1 good, 1 bad. No bad ones yet, but the 4 day ones are a bit of a bummer

totally agree - but I will say the overall life of them is much much better than the original PT single/dual coil heads..those were 2-3 days on a good one lol (well at least for me)

Jah

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
totally agree - but I will say the overall life of them is much much better than the original PT single/dual coil heads..those were 2-3 days on a good one lol (well at least for me)
that is true, the best ones lasted maybe 3-4 days if i babied them. These are definitely the next level of good ranges

CDZVaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Mines been leaking lately as well. I switched to the black O ring and it still leaks. Im thinking there is a defect in the glass barrel. When I switched to the black ring, I could see where the juice was starting to creep. Maybe a "low" spot or dimple in the glass. Im gonna try the other glass tube that came with it.
Its a nice tank, vapes great but sucks bigtime because of the leak issue.

Jah

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Mines been leaking lately as well. I switched to the black O ring and it still leaks. Im thinking there is a defect in the glass barrel. When I switched to the black ring, I could see where the juice was starting to creep. Maybe a "low" spot or dimple in the glass. Im gonna try the other glass tube that came with it.
Its a nice tank, vapes great but sucks bigtime because of the leak issue.
How quickly is it leaking? just a quick wipedown every hour or more? or a full, dont leave juice in overnight cause its gone in the morning tye leak?

CDZVaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
How quickly is it leaking? just a quick wipedown every hour or more? or a full, dont leave juice in overnight cause its gone in the morning tye leak?

Its subtle and hardly noticable at first. Then I'll change the airflow and it will begin to seep out.
Its slow though, not like I have a full tank and it leaks out in a short time.
It leaks with both setups in to, which further frustrates things. I also wonder if the juice channels are to big causing it to flood into the airflow?

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Might be leaking for two different reasons: with the occ coils it might need more cotton added, and with the rba it also might need more cotton. The channels being too big (unlikely) would only affect the RBA portion. But since everyone has had the opposite problem with these channels I doubt that's the issue!

Are you 100% sure you have all the o rings in place, including the one that goes in the bottom section (I ask because one of mine fell out)?

CDZVaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Might be leaking for two different reasons: with the occ coils it might need more cotton added, and with the rba it also might need more cotton. The channels being too big (unlikely) would only affect the RBA portion. But since everyone has had the opposite problem with these channels I doubt that's the issue!

Are you 100% sure you have all the o rings in place, including the one that goes in the bottom section (I ask because one of mine fell out)?

Hi Amanda, thanks for your feedback.

I recently finished breaking the tank down, cleaned it, checked the rings for niks etc.. All seems ok so this time when I put it back together I swapped out the glass tube. I kept the black O ring at the bottom. Interesting enough, I can see a juice line about halfway down the Black O ring. Will keep my eye on that. Also, just to note I do have the RBA in it, which I just rewicked. So far so good, its been near an hour now. Ill post later on with results on how its holding up...

Jah

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hi Amanda, thanks for your feedback.

I recently finished breaking the tank down, cleaned it, checked the rings for niks etc.. All seems ok so this time when I put it back together I swapped out the glass tube. I kept the black O ring at the bottom. Interesting enough, I can see a juice line about halfway down the Black O ring. Will keep my eye on that. Also, just to note I do have the RBA in it, which I just rewicked. So far so good, its been near an hour now. Ill post later on with results on how its holding up...

Hopefully it works out for ya. I do have a bit of seepage, not through the airhole but between the bottom seal, but its mostly after a juice-up, probably just squeezing some out between the glass from pressurizing as it closes down.

CDZVaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hopefully it works out for ya. I do have a bit of seepage, not through the airhole but between the bottom seal, but its mostly after a juice-up, probably just squeezing some out between the glass from pressurizing as it closes down.

Thanks. So far so good. I am familiar with the air pressure reason for seepage. It kind of frustrates me though because why have replacement O rings if its gonna leak/seep anyways? And then there are others who havent had any problems at all, lol. Thankfully this isnt breaking the bank type stuff...

Reactions: Jah

Byter

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Thanks for the tip Amanda. I was having a problem with my subtank mini leaking so this thread is very timely. I checked my airflow base and the O ring was not there. Instead it was stuck to the tank glass. Peeled it off, put the o ring in the base indention space it is supposed to be in and reconnected every thing and it hasn't leaked. It's been three hours and things are nice and dry so fiddling with that base o ring might be something others want to try.

VU Sponsors