Become a Patron!

Kanger subtank help

Düpe

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So, i received my first ever vaping device today, the kanger subtank with the istick 50w, where do i go from here, how do i tune it, how do i get the most out of my device? what wattage etc.

RobbieR

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I am far from an expert, but I can give you a few suggestions to help you get started.

Since you are new to vaping I would strongly suggest you use the 1.2ohm coil and not the .05 ohm coil. I would suggest you start vaping around 12 watts with that coil, you can go higher but that would be a good starting point. I vape my Subtank Mini around 15 watts with the 1.2 ohm coil, I don't go much higher than 17 watts.

If you are trying to get off cigarettes you will probably like the middle sized hole for Airflow to start off with. (Ring around the base of the tank that turns) The nicotine level you start with is a personal thing, but I would suggest you start with 12mg or lower with that tank and the 1.2 ohm coil because of the amount of vapor it makes. Anything higher might make you nic sick and will probably be a very harsh vape. I personally vape 12mg daily, but lots of people think that is high.

I am sure more experienced members will chime in with more detailed suggestions but I hope this helps get you started. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck

Düpe

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks so much, this helped, however i´m not getting of cigarettes, i just do it for 1. To stop my sweet-tooth and 2. As a fun hobby to play with.
But as i said, thanks, i have been vaping it on around 19-20 watts, but i will tune it down a bit :)

RobbieR

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
If you are using the 0.5ohm coil 19-20 watts in fine but its a little too high for the 1.2 ohm coil.

If you are not a cigarette smoker or tobacco user do yourself a big favor and don't start using Juice with Nicotine!

Düpe

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If you are using the 0.5ohm coil 19-20 watts in fine.

If you are not a cigarette smoker or tobacco user do yourself a big favor and don't start using Juice with Nicotine!
I was thinking about trying some juice with 3-6 nic, but now, i definitely wont, i have ordered a 11 bottle zample box with a 0mg nic level (thankfully)
Thank you for all the help, appreciate it :)

RobbieR

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I am not here to preach, but just stay away from juice with nicotine. Vaping is very enjoyable without it. Many people vape with Zero nicotine just for the fun of it.

Düpe

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I am not here to preach, but just stay away from juice with nicotine. Vaping is very enjoyable without it. Many people vape with Zero nicotine just for the fun of it.
Ok, like i said, i definately wont try it now, dont want to get addicted, since i have a bit of an addictive personality...

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I would suggest that you stay away from the nicotine.

If you wish to mimic the sensation of the throat hit from products that contain it, just up the PG in your mix.

As for the wattage, just start low and increase till your flavor taste the best. And if you start getting a burnt taste, just back it down.

Of course you can play with the different air flow settings as much as you want. Not like you are going to hurt anything by doing so!

Düpe

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I would suggest that you stay away from the nicotine.

If you wish to mimic the sensation of the throat hit from products that contain it, just up the PG in your mix.

As for the wattage, just start low and increase till your flavor taste the best. And if you start getting a burnt taste, just back it down.

Of course you can play with the different air flow settings as much as you want. Not like you are going to hurt anything by doing so!
Thanks alot, i think im gonna start with a 50/50 blend, however i dont know what my zamplebox will contain, i will be sure to play around with the wattage, whats the highest you would recommend me going to though?

FlavoVape

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
If you decide to try the 0.5 or sub ohm setup I have found the sweet spot for me is 25w. I quit the analogs six months ago and I vape on 3 mg juice.

Scooby01

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Good choice for a first device. I've been vaping for about 2 years now and just made the switch to the exact same set up. It was a huge improvement in flavor but I also go through about 2-3 times more juice now. I would suggest learning how to build your own basic coils first as the replacement kangers will get expensive quickly depending on how much you use it. Next I would looking into diy juice. I'm just starting with that now. For a small investment it looks like you can make some really good juice with the help of the folks in this forum. Spend some time looking around the site. I've learned more in the last couple weeks than I did in the last two years and the people in this forum are really supportive.

Düpe

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
THANKS to everyone, i will try building my own coil in the rta soon, any idea what gauge kanthal i should use? And Scooby, should you ever start selling your juice, let me know :)

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
26 gauge kanthal works well in the rba head. UncleRJ gave good advice on the power setting. Start low, turn it up until it's obvious you've gone too far, back it down to where you like.

Scooby01

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm using 4 wraps of 26ga around a 1/8" drill bit at 0.7ohms with Japanese cotton and it seems to be working well. You'll just have try coils a few different ways ways and see what works for you.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors