Become a Patron!

Kanger aerotank and vv4 bad setup? Maybe the coil?

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Why isit i was getting better vape of my e pen with evod then i am with my kanger aerotank and vv4? Im assuming that it is the coil i have the newer version i think with the 2 holes either side and the vape is very poor and i have tryed all wattage to get the best vape flavour production!

I really aint happy with this when iv paid all this money for it i was expecting it to be tons better then the standard e pen :(

That being said i have ordered the old style coils with the wick sticking out hopefully this will solve the problem but what else do you experts suggest?
Maybe a different tank (Smaller if possible )
Different coils?
I wouldnt mind another tank as aerotank looks huge on this but if i can help it id rather improve this tank
If you can suggest some good ego thread tanks as well id be very greatfull

Im not into re coiling and im a noob and i use 60/40 vampire vape
Thnx in advanced

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The aero tank now has newer improved coils , I just ordered some myself, with a pen style battery you are limited to what ever power that it has, maybe look into upgrading to a device that adds a tad more wattage to power the coils with a removeable battery, Good suggestions would be a kbox or an Istick (not a removeable battery),I'd read up about those and see if they look like something you'd like, and there are many many more out there as well

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I dont think its the battery cuz if i put evod on it it vapes fine and i cant go over 9watts anyway as it start taking the flavour away :/
What coils have you ordered? 4 holes?

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ahh im in uk though lol
Are they the ones with the slots on the side?
Also what mini tank do u suggest

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ye iv ordered small amount of coils to try wick showing and the 4 holes one of each from my e pack witch do all genuine stuff but they mAy take a wile to come.
So i may go down to my local vape shop and buy a pack of 5 (2 holes either side) to try
Thats the only coils they do But will i be wasting money by getting these ya think or shud they give a good vape lol

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
In a pinch, no I don't think you'll be wasting your money, in fact it will also give you a chance to try something to compare to the ones you have now, If it were me and I had some on order that was going to take a bit to get, I would invest in the 5 pack, may cost more but its convenient.

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ok then they are the same as the one iv already got with the tank is the 2 holes either side aswell
Thnx for your help il comment back when i have the coils and tryed them

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thnx buddy hope they are better lol these are the ones they do
ae9549d3b87e654eb613912b585a493b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/IMG]

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
One more thing sorry lol
What wattage do you set ur dual coils at?

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ok so i bought them in 1.2ohm and im still not satisfied with it grr! These 4 hole lark is poo

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What ever you do mate dont get these 4 hole ones they are so poor in flavour and vapour there a waste i may try opening up the holes a little see if that helps

You got more of the same?

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Wont 14w burn the coils? And yeah got the same its vaping a little better now though maybe they needed a little more time to soak up the juice!
But hopefully these new coils with wick showing will suit me better until my supplier gets the newer version with the slots in a few weeks

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Wont 14w burn the coils? And yeah got the same its vaping a little better now though maybe they needed a little more time to soak up the juice!
But hopefully these new coils with wick showing will suit me better until my supplier gets the newer version with the slots in a few weeks

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

No they won't burn up the coils, I use1.8's

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The ones with the wick showing are the older, the newer are the ones with the holes and the wick inside you want the newer duel coilsl

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Not using the 1.2ohm i bought Im using 1.8 what i got with the tank and this chart says 8w for that ohm if i go over 10 it seem to start tasting rank lol
7ad190ca73778532fd0b79f4516357f8.jpg

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thats what I have my wattage set on all the time, never burnt out a coil:)

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The ones with the wick showing are the older, the newer are the ones with the holes and the wick inside you want the newer duel coilsl
Yeah sorry i mean older ones lol i see good reviews on them and i may even have ago at re wicking them!
And the newer newer ones are the slots from what i understand? X

VU Sponsors