Become a Patron!

Kaees Stacked RTA

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Vaping Underground members, In this review i take a look at the Stacked RTA from Kaees. The Kaees Stacked RTA was supplied for the purpose of this review by Emma from Buybest.

https://www.buybest.com/product/Kaees-St...62207.html

Introduction

The Stacked RTA is a collaboration between Kaees and Tony B, which in my opinion is really just decisions made on what existing deck type and airflow to combine as there is nothing in the way of innovation on show. After saying that it comprises of a direct bottom airflow design which is reliable when it comes to giving flavour and an easy build spring loaded stacked clamps GTA style build deck. Add to this Kaees usual high build quality means it is certainly worth having a good look at.

In the Box

Contents:

1 x Stacked RTA
1 x Spare Glass Tube
2 x Clapton coil
2 x 810 Drip Tip
1 x 510 Drip Tip Adaptor
1 x Screwdriver
1 x User Manual
1 x Spare Parts

Aesthetics

The Stacked RDA came in typical sample packaging and once opened it was revealed i had received the Stainless Steel version, it's also available in Black. It comes with an installed 5ml capacity bulge glass and wide bore Goon style frosted drip tip. The diameter to Height ratio is pretty much bang on average for an RTA but it does feel reassuringly weighty, in fact quality is not in doubt as the Stacked is a very well made RTA, with very good machined finish and top notch threading. The top-cap is quite large and has heavy textured pattern for both aesthetics and grip, we find the exact same texturing on the airflow control ring at the bottom of the RTA but upside down (the texturing is needed as the airflow ring is very stiff (hopefully will loosen in time) so i needed to take it off the device to adjust). The air chamber as an etched Lion logo in Black, moving to the bottom of the Stacked RTA we have printed branding and safety stamps. The Gold plated 510 protrudes nicely and is hybrid safe.

Stacked RTA Specs and Features:

Diameter: 24mm
Height: 46mm
Capacity: 3ml/5ml
Bottom airflow system
Stacked build design
Optional liquid capacity that includes 3ml and 5ml
810 acrylic drip tip with excellent tactile impression
High quality design 304 stainless steel material
Thread: 510
Colours: Stainless Steel, Black

The Airflow

The Airflow hasn't been designed by Tony B or Kaees, it's a tried and tested bottom airflow design where the air enters the deck through 2 large airflow openings directly underneath your coils (one each side). No Innovation added as we tend to see these days trying to get that bit of extra flavour to stand out from the rest, simple bottom airflow (adjusted via dual cyclops with stopper) and a dome shape to the inside of the air chamber, it's a case of playing it safe, which is fair enough!

Filling The Tank

Again the fill method with the Stacked RTA is what we have seen time and time again. A simple top-fill, unscrew the top-cap which reveals 2 very generous filling holes and fill. I find with these wide open fill methods closing the airflow before opening the tank and then only opening the airflow after the top-cap is screwed back into position helps prevent the leaking you can sometimes get just after filling. Again there may be no innovation here but Kaees and Tony B are obviously concentrating on doing things that have been done before but doing them well as the weight of the top-cap and excellent threading is very noticeable.

Extras

As with the vast majority of tanks you get a fair amount of spares and extras which include a Straight glass although this reduces the capacity from 5ml to 3ml. You also get a second drip tip which is a delrin 810 with higher profile than the installed frosted one, also a 510 adaptor is included. Of course you get the usual spare screws and o-rings as well as a very good quality screwdriver and 2 clapton coils.

The Deck and Build

It may not be innovative as a stacked clamp deck raised to make it a GTA style has been seen before but i like this deck a lot. The Peek insulator clamp is just the right thickness so when the screws are undone to loosen the clamps your coil legs slip straight into place one on top of the insulator and the other underneath. I fed one coil in place without tightening the screws and cut the leg ends then repeated with the other coil. Now that the coil legs are the correct size both coils can be easily slipped into place, then just push the coils up against the clamps with your fingers from one hand while tightening the screws with the other. If the coils are not quite lined up with the air outlets then just a bit of manipulation with a coil rod soon gets them just where you want them. Wicking is simple being a GTA style just push your cotton ends through the wicking holes without suffocating the flow of juice and job done. It must be said the flathead screws and screwdriver are very good quality and doing the build was very easy, i went from sealed tank without a build to sealed tank with build and filled with liquid in less than 5 minutes. It's quite hard to find cons with the Stacked RTA but one is the supplied coils specs are not given, although i used different coils that gave me a 0.33ohm build i have used one of the supplied coils in a different RTA and they are 0.3ohm so using the pair with the Stacked would give you approximately a 0.15 build.

Performance

The flavour didn't blow me away but it's very good, helped by the raised deck, domed chamber and middle section entirely taken up with the stacked clamp system making the chamber reduced. The Stacked RTA has loads of air most people will be closing the airflow down quite a bit but it's not an over noisy tank and the airflow is very smooth. As already mentioned a dual build doesn't get much easier than this and i was also impressed with the overall build quality of the tank. Nothing new but what has been done has been done very well making the Stacked RTA a safe bet.

Good build quality
5ml capacity
Stacked Clamp style GTA build deck
Very easy build and wick
Bottom airflow
Goon style 810 fitting
Plenty of air which can be adjusted if you prefer restricted hit
Smooth and quite quiet
Good quality screws and screwdriver
Threading and machining excellent
Good flavour
Plenty of spares including clapton coils

Dislikes

Airflow control ring very stiff
Specs of coils not given
Nothing innovative

I would once again like to thank Emma from Buybest for supplying the Kaees Stacked RTA for the purpose of this review.

https://www.buybest.com/product/Kaees-St...62207.html

VU Sponsors