Justice League: Snyder Cut Is Separate From the DCEU

Status
Not open for further replies.

VUBot

Staff member
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Zack Snyder has explained that the Justice League: Snyder Cut is separate from the current DC Extended Universe (DCEU) continuity, joking that it actually takes place in the "Snyderverse." In an interview with Beyond the Trailer, Snyder confirmed that his version of Justice League exists outside of the DCEU timeline, as it "satisfies" the narrative structure that runs through 2013's Man of Steel and 2016's Batman v Superman. [ignvideo url="https://www.ign.com/videos/snyder-cut-of-justice-league-is-actually-coming-to-hbo-max-ign-now"] "Frankly, the DC cinematic universe has branched like a tree and blossomed and grown in amazing and great ways," Snyder said. "But for me, where [Justice League] falls, I believe that it really starts to represent its own path. It's kind of separate now from the DC cinematic universe continuity, it's divergent in that way, and I think that's a good thing." Snyder went on to praise the power of DC for working with multiverse concepts, which allow filmmakers to use their own individual voices to take characters and run them through a set narrative. He added, "I've heard someone say, 'Oh, you're entering the Snyderverse now.' And frankly, this notion that, what you will see in Justice League, Batman v Superman and in Man of Steel, there's continuity across those three movies because I made them; that's my main focus is to satisfy that narrative structure [and] continue that story." [widget path="global/article/imagegallery" parameters="albumSlug=every-dceu-movie-review-score&captions=true"] After years of campaigning for his version of the film to be released, the Man of Steel filmmaker recently confirmed that the Snyder Cut - or at least a Snyder Cut - would be coming to HBO Max in 2021, and it might take the form of a four-hour movie, or even a TV-like run of episodes. For more on the Snyder Cut of Justice League, check out our deep dive into the legendary project's history, watch the first Darkseid clip, and find out about some of the visual changes that the movie will have from Justice League's theatrical release. [poilib element="accentDivider"] Adele Ankers is a Freelance Entertainment Journalist. You can reach her on Twitter.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors