Become a Patron!

Just making sure I have the pairing of batteries correct, one last time.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Right, I did make a thread on battery pairing, but it seems too simple. I just want to double check before tuesday.

The sonys must be charged together, never seperately, same with the samsungs? And I put a small piece of tape or something on the battery with A1, A2, same with the sonys as they are a different colour I will not confuse them.

When I get round to ordering another set of batteries, I would put B1 and B2?

Also, say A1 is in the left, I put it in the right side next time round?

Just making sure I got this, as it seems too simple to me, I was expecting it to be a bit harder than that.

Thanks to the people who do answer my threads, I know I ask a lot of questions but there is reasons behind that, just checking one last time I got it correct before I use the 150 on tuesday, as I don't want to damage a battery.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Nope, it is just that easy.

Just as long as you know which one are which and change the positions all is well with the world.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, bit of a shocker to me. I was off put buying a dual battery device as I imagined pairing to be hard. What an idiot lol.

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well, bit of a shocker to me. I was off put buying a dual battery device as I imagined pairing to be hard. What an idiot lol.
even easier if you do mod name ie sig150 then add 1a for one then 1b for cell two and just remember to rotate them after each cycle in the battery sled

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah thats what I plan to do Maverik-X, then each cycle the left becomes the right and so on with each cycle. Is it a idea to also add the mods name though? I didn't know that, once they are paired, they are paired for JUST that device, and cant be used in others?

I didnt know that bit, so I did learn something.

Spent

Member For 4 Years
Do I dare ask what if you don"t do this? I charge in 4's on a intellicharger. Some times 2's. I have 20 some odd Sony and LG 18650 and cycle them through many mods single and double configurations. I don't mix brands or capacities.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
A good old fashioned Sharpie marker is what I use. I write the date on each battery when I put them into service and a number: 1 for 2 identical cells, 2 for the next set of matched cells and so on. I keep the matched batteries in their own battery box so the are never separated (I know, corny, but it works).

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Like some have mentioned, I prefer to rotate back and forth as to which is on the left and which is on the right in my mod. Depending on how it's wired, it could potentially be overworking one battery more than the other when used, so I figure by rotating the positioning it'll help balance it out.

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Do I dare ask what if you don"t do this? I charge in 4's on a intellicharger. Some times 2's. I have 20 some odd Sony and LG 18650 and cycle them through many mods single and double configurations. I don't mix brands or capacities.
That way you are using two that have been worn the same amount. As batteries age, they lose their ability to maintain a charge. Keeping them paired, you lessen the risk of one of the pair in a dual battery mod being over-discharged.

KaBoomStick

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
A good old fashioned Sharpie marker is what I use. I write the date on each battery when I put them into service and a number: 1 for 2 identical cells, 2 for the next set of matched cells and so on. I keep the matched batteries in their own battery box so the are never separated (I know, corny, but it works).

Lol. Exactly what I do.

Walker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That way you are using two that have been worn the same amount. As batteries age, they lose their ability to maintain a charge. Keeping them paired, you lessen the risk of one of the pair in a dual battery mod being over-discharged.
But why swap their positions when using using a set pair?

KaBoomStick

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I don't get that anal with it as far as left and right. I just use the set "1" together and so on.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like to take a voltage reading of the batteries when I take them out of my 2 cell mods just to make sure there close in voltage (ie: 1 of the batteries aren't dieing prematurely)

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
If
I can be OCD at times, so it might be that. I know in a parallel build, batteries will drain differently if wire lengths are not exactly the same for each battery, etc. I don't know if such things can affect a series build in a box mod, but figure what the heck.

Last edited:

Myk

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm talking about stacking in a vamo/SVD, it may be different in a more modern stacked mod, but if you don't swap positions one of them always gets more use (forget if it's the top or bottom one) and will fall out of sync faster than if you swap. BTDT

You can change your pairings. The luck of the draw does not always give you a great matched set. You may find one in a set loses more than the other when resting. If another in a different set is doing the same thing the better match may be in the other set.

I mark with a sharpie and cover with a piece of clear tape.
I hadn't thought of checking my parallels, wow, guess I should.

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm talking about stacking in a vamo/SVD, it may be different in a more modern stacked mod, but if you don't swap positions one of them always gets more use (forget if it's the top or bottom one) and will fall out of sync faster than if you swap. BTDT
Makes sense. thanks

VU Sponsors