Become a Patron!

Just happy about thick clouds

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Oh I totally hear you on that. I HATE buying something after watching countless reviews saying it's great and seeing amazing performance out of it, only to receive it and it just not work for me at all. I admit that a majority of that is error on my part, but god damnit dude, I want the fuckin' thing to work like it's supposed to!

The magma is a perfect example. I researched it for a while, watched tons of videos.. Get it. Set it up. Vape. Instantly pissed at it. Now I have to either sell it and lose money or risk destroying it by boring out the air holes. The thing is like trying to suck a golf ball through a garden hose for me. No idea why. No obstructions at all. Just not what I like. I wish there was a shop near me that let me test this shit out before I bought it.
When I started doing this I came up with a plan for myself. I spent countless hours watching you tube, late nights on forums and scouring online vendors looking and learning about their products. I decided I wasn't going to go broke on a monumental collection of mods and attys. So I decided, ok - 2 decent regulated devices, 2 decent mechs, necessary accessories (batteries, charger) and I'll play it by ear on the attys or tanks. I wasted some money on a few lousy tanks. With all the research it can still be a crap shoot but I got fairly lucky with what I ended up with. The bulk of my money is spent. Now I concentrate on the fine details such as wicks, coils, juice and honing my skills. The temptation to buy the next sexy device is still there but I try not to sin
(too much).

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Watching reviews can be tricky. You kind of have to head shrink the reviewer. Some people are just happy about everything. Some are cynics, some are scientific, some are over the top and yada yada ya.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ah, so that's it. I was wondering why my same set-up wasn't as satisfying on my watt box. Thought it was my imagination. Rip always mentions his preference for taste and single coils. I'm just still learning here but it never ceases to amaze me how different people are about their vape preferences. 'Mother and Son Team' throat hits and nic content brought me to my knees.

Oh OK , i did not know you were comparing your mechanical to your Dna mod , i heard somebody a lot more knowledgeable than myself explain why the Dna's are going to be a very different vape when comparing them next to a mechanical but it made sense.

I think the build needs to be very different and you need to run much higher wattage to get a similar effect when comparing a regulated device to a mechanical but unfortunately i don't remember the details.

If you can find a good sweet spot with a regulated device at least it will remain a great vape and not have the vape degrade like it does with mechanicals as battery power diminishes.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Oh I totally hear you on that. I HATE buying something after watching countless reviews saying it's great and seeing amazing performance out of it, only to receive it and it just not work for me at all. I admit that a majority of that is error on my part, but god damnit dude, I want the fuckin' thing to work like it's supposed to!

The magma is a perfect example. I researched it for a while, watched tons of videos.. Get it. Set it up. Vape. Instantly pissed at it. Now I have to either sell it and lose money or risk destroying it by boring out the air holes. The thing is like trying to suck a golf ball through a garden hose for me. No idea why. No obstructions at all. Just not what I like. I wish there was a shop near me that let me test this shit out before I bought it.

You got to be kidding , the Magma blows away everything i have tried over the years by a long shot , it's incredible . If you only line up one hole and don't make sure the same size hole on the other side is open it's a mediocre vape at best imo, but if both holes are open it's mind blowing.

You can also remove the adjustable ring and vape it without it , as this will allow max airflow and a over the top vape , especially if flavor is your # 1 priority.

Add an o ring for a perfect seal if you vape it without the sliding air flow ring and it will never leak . This one is so good that i bought a couple , most RDA's have a similar three post design and imo provide a relatively similar vape , nothing great and nothing terrible .

The Magma design is different and it shows in it's incredible performance( even with a single coil setup ) it's over the top .

I like the Veritas as well , it provides a great vape but neither is a major cloud producer (although both can fog up a room real quick ), i could care less about clouds , flavor is numero uno with me.

Last edited:

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
When I started doing this I came up with a plan for myself. I spent countless hours watching you tube, late nights on forums and scouring online vendors looking and learning about their products. I decided I wasn't going to go broke on a monumental collection of mods and attys. So I decided, ok - 2 decent regulated devices, 2 decent mechs, necessary accessories (batteries, charger) and I'll play it by ear on the attys or tanks. I wasted some money on a few lousy tanks. With all the research it can still be a crap shoot but I got fairly lucky with what I ended up with. The bulk of my money is spent. Now I concentrate on the fine details such as wicks, coils, juice and honing my skills. The temptation to buy the next sexy device is still there but I try not to sin
(too much).

Thats very smart and i came in with the same plan , i actually have less than that lol. Being out of work for extended periods of time and taking care of aging parents does that though so i buy very little compared to most folks . ( winning something would be a game changer for me but i never win anything).

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
and here is mage with your daily derail
my life is so simple i have but only one goal for after work
anigif_enhanced-buzz-14426-1409017592-5_preview.gif

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
and here is mage with your daily derail
my life is so simple i have but only one goal for after work
anigif_enhanced-buzz-14426-1409017592-5_preview.gif
Ha ha, I'm glad to hear that since u have to moderate this thing! Must be exhausting, for real.

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thats very smart and i came in with the same plan , i actually have less than that lol. Being out of work for extended periods of time and taking care of aging parents does that though so i buy very little compared to most folks . ( winning something would be a game changer for me but i never win anything).
I've got some extra stuff. Juice, wick, wire. Need anything?

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You got to be kidding , the Magma blows away everything i have tried over the years by a long shot , it's incredible . If you only line up one hole and don't make sure the same size hole on the other side is open it's a mediocre vape at best imo, but if both holes are open it's mind blowing.

You can also remove the adjustable ring and vape it without it , as this will allow max airflow and a over the top vape , especially if flavor is your # 1 priority.

Add an o ring for a perfect seal if you vape it without the sliding air flow ring and it will never leak . This one is so good that i bought a couple , most RDA's have a similar three post design and imo provide a relatively similar vape , nothing great and nothing terrible .

The Magma design is different and it shows in it's incredible performance( even with a single coil setup ) it's over the top .

I like the Veritas as well , it provides a great vape but neither is a major cloud producer (although both can fog up a room real quick ), i could care less about clouds , flavor is numero uno with me.
I love that single coil set up - huge! And thanks for the reminder, I forgot about removing the air ring. I watched a vid dedicated to the leaking condensation in the magma's dome cap. All kinds of ideas incl. plumber's tape! I like your suggestion of removing the air ring and placing an 0-ring beneath the cap threads. Do u know what size ur using? Most people think they're leaking juice but actually it's the condensation.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
This thread was started without a question , it's just people talking about whatever , how can you derail a thread that in the first post it said this
I don't know what the fuck I'm talking about but it feels good!
LOL

Muth , i use the adjustable o ring on mine , i think it works great , i was just relaying to the person who said they think they will need to drill out the air holes.

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hmmm, my naivete usually saves my ass. But if someone has the Navy brass balls to hit me head on I'll finish them. Now, back to our discussion. I have heard of removing the air ring if u don't need to bother with all those other little holes. Doesn't look as purdy but efficient. You don't have to thumb it down while ur screwing the cap. I slipped one of my replacement o-rings on it to see if it does a good job holding back the condensation.

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This thread was started without a question , it's just people talking about whatever , how can you derail a thread that in the first post it said this LOL

Muth , i use the adjustable o ring on mine , i think it works great , i was just relaying to the person who said they think they will need to drill out the air holes.
Damn, VH, I just reticent one of my torpedos. Is something going on here on this page? I smell ECF fumes. Just let me know and I'll let her rip.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hmmm, my naivete usually saves my ass. But if someone has the Navy brass balls to hit me head on I'll finish them. Now, back to our discussion. I have heard of removing the air ring if u don't need to bother with all those other little holes. Doesn't look as purdy but efficient. You don't have to thumb it down while ur screwing the cap. I slipped one of my replacement o-rings on it to see if it does a good job holding back the condensation.

Now i'm really confused lol, i would let loose and finish them if i were you , whatever the hell that means but well go with it for now.

QUOTE="muth, post: 105719, member: 4790"]Damn, VH, I just reticent one of my torpedos. Is something going on here on this page? I smell ECF fumes. Just let me know and I'll let her rip.
[/QUOTE]

Just a Moderator with a wise ass comment thats all , i would let er rip , (whatever that means), but until a better plan is voted on it's all we got.

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Now i'm really confused lol, i would let loose and finish them if i were you , whatever the hell that means but well go with it for now.

Just a Moderator with a wise ass comment thats all , i would let er rip , (whatever that means), but until a better plan is voted on it's all we got.[/QUOTE]
I was replying to your comment about a moderator derailing the conversations. I'm so dopey I didn't even get it. But, apparently, you did.

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just a Moderator with a wise ass comment thats all , i would let er rip , (whatever that means), but until a better plan is voted on it's all we got.
I was replying to your comment about a moderator derailing the conversations. I'm so dopey I didn't even get it. But, apparently, you did.[/QUOTE]
Also, I was expressing that if someone has something to say, come right out and say it. Don't walk at me sideways like a sand crab.

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This thread was started without a question , it's just people talking about whatever , how can you derail a thread that in the first post it said this LOL

About the magma airflow ring: I took mine off because I use the large holes anyway. Then I fit an o-ring below the deck threads and it does a great job of holding back the condensation or juice. It just doesn't look very pretty. Oh well.

VU Sponsors