Become a Patron!

Just happy about thick clouds

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This is old news to many of u. But I can't contain my joy about getting the best, so far, milky clouds from my Peggy with a Stillare, .08 ohms, single coil with .09 flat wire, 5 wraps, 1/8 diameter using Gwary4 and cellucotton. No hot hits, smooth cool vape, half open. I'm used to warm hits. But this is nice like a thick cloud
breezin' through. I don't know what the fuck I'm talking about but it feels good! Not easy wrapping flat wire, but worth it.

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hey thanks. Nice to know someone relates to your joyful discoveries.

Reactions: Ace

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I drive for a living so I tote around a 5ml Nautilus w/BVC coils and suck around 5mls per day on a regulated box. When I get home I get to screw around
with my mechs and try all sorts of things. That's why I'll never give up the mech for vv/vw control. I love my boxes but I cherish the unknown. Does this shit make any sense?

Ace

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I dont drive for a living but I drive alot for work (average 6k a month) tried the VV/VW thing but need my drippers. I tend to be naughty and dripy drivey.

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I dont drive for a living but I drive alot for work (average 6k a month) tried the VV/VW thing but need my drippers. I tend to be naughty and dripy drivey.
Ah, u must like those long, red lights!

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
If I may ask what batteries are you punishing at .08 ohms?
What mech and what atty?

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Most open highways. Im just talented =)
me too ace highways for days, i know the struggle. knees on the wheel, eyes half on the road half on the atty, hoping you dont drip all over everything :D

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If I may ask what batteries are you punishing at .08 ohms?
What mech and what atty?
sony vtc4 and just trying out the new PTVSO 3.7 IMR-18650 30A that Joe hyped from Madvapes at a good deal. I was impressed by the specs and thought I'd try them out. The mech is my copper peggy with a stillare, gold deck and posts.

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Are u a Brit?

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
sony vtc4 and just trying out the new PTVSO 3.7 IMR-18650 30A that Joe hyped from Madvapes at a good deal. I was impressed by the specs and thought I'd try them out. The mech is my copper peggy with a stillare, gold deck and posts.
cool cool.
I just pick people's brains when they are pushing below .10

GargoyleK1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I love the .7 builds myself…. Burns the juice quick but oh so tasty.. And when I get bored with .7 I go back to my 1.0 build and vape a while… Then back to the .7 or so…. So much nicer than smoking.. My only option there was on fire and not on fire.

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Nah, you're just a nice person who doesn't want to see people burn their faces off. ( I thought I wrote .8 ) No? Shoot, I can't see myself sub-ohming at
.2 -. 3!

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Nope. Born in cali. Both folks were scots though. I just think funny, then sometimes my thumbs talk funny too.
"Sleep tight and don't let the bugs bite. If they do squeezem' tight and kill them in the morn' !"

Vapor Fiend

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Anything above .5Ω and I can't even tell I'm vaping. The ramp-up time is too long for me, I don't get that warm, loving kick in the back of my throat. I know you can generate thicker clouds sometimes with higher resistance and a long slow draw but, I don't know just not for me. I need to hear that sizzle!

I'm not one to cloud chase as it is, but I do enjoy a good report of vapor. But it's actually feeling the hit that is the most important to me.

By the way since we're rambling here, I just made a fresh batch of catalan cream with that nicotine that was on sale on VJs not too long ago. Pretty good! =D

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Anything above .5Ω and I can't even tell I'm vaping. The ramp-up time is too long for me, I don't get that warm, loving kick in the back of my throat. I know you can generate thicker clouds sometimes with higher resistance and a long slow draw but, I don't know just not for me. I need to hear that sizzle!

I'm not one to cloud chase as it is, but I do enjoy a good report of vapor. But it's actually feeling the hit that is the most important to me.

By the way since we're rambling here, I just made a fresh batch of catalan cream with that nicotine that was on sale on VJs not too long ago. Pretty good! =D
What's your nic content?

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sounds like my friends, the mother and son team. They go for the throat hit. But they like to use heavy nic and PG to get it. What is it u like to hear sizzle, your juice or your throat? Ha ha

Vapor Fiend

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Sounds like my friends, the mother and son team. They go for the throat hit. But they like to use heavy nic and PG to get it. What is it u like to hear sizzle, your juice or your throat? Ha ha

Haha it's not that bad. And actually I do a 35/65 pg/vg ratio with that 16mg strength. It works out to where I don't even need to ad pg to my mix due to my nic base being 100% pg 100mg. I like the thick vapor, but love the good throat hit. I've found that ratio to give me exactly the vape I like. Not a major cloud, but decent, great flavor and great TH. All around excellent vape at .3ohms dual.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Wow, sounds like your using a device that is underpowered , using multiple coils or using wire thats too thick. I get instant glow from the coils at builds in the range of 1.2 ohm on up with 28 gauge on a Dna 30 device .

I actually think the taste from my dripper's is superior on builds in that range and pushing under 20 watts , i have tried much lower builds with multiple coils and higher wattage but that always killed the taste for me . Different strokes for different folks i guess

Dalton801

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
After tasting the clouds come off my mechs, I cannot stand vv/vw. I have a good ol' tobh atty on a pegasus, double coil. Regularly changing my cotton, I get clouds better than my tugboat and Hana. It just gets me so excited to see smoke bellow from my face. I know exactly what you mean.

Vapor Fiend

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Wow, sounds like your using a device that is underpowered , using multiple coils or using wire thats too thick. I get instant glow from the coils at builds in the range of 1.2 ohm on up with 28 gauge on a Dna 30 device .

I actually think the taste from my dripper's is superior on builds in that range and pushing under 20 watts , i have tried much lower builds with multiple coils and higher wattage but that always killed the taste for me . Different strokes for different folks i guess

Yeah I always rock dual coils. And I'm using a 49 authentic with a stillare.

My setup is as follows:
24gauge A1K
Dual @ .35 ohms

When I go for higher resistance I would use thinner diameter wire for sure. But even then, with this mech and others, it's still not hot enough for me. Maybe I'm spoiled Idk lol

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Ah, so that's it. I was wondering why my same set-up wasn't as satisfying on my watt box. Thought it was my imagination. Rip always mentions his preference for taste and single coils. I'm just still learning here but it never ceases to amaze me how different people are about their vape preferences. 'Mother and Son Team' throat hits and nic content brought me to my knees.

Vapor Fiend

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ah, so that's it. I was wondering why my same set-up wasn't as satisfying on my watt box. Thought it was my imagination. Rip always mentions his preference for taste and single coils. I'm just still learning here but it never ceases to amaze me how different people are about their vape preferences. 'Mother and Son Team' throat hits and nic content brought me to my knees.

Yeah but when you really get down to it, .3Ω is .3Ω no matter what you use it on save variable devices that can exceed 50watts power. I don't mess with VV/VW stuff anymore so I'm kind of lost when it comes to that. My setups hit more or less the same on all my mechanicals +- a few volts due to voltage drop. I guess once you find your sweet spot, you don't dare stray.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have noticed some of my atties no matter what the build just loose voltage and dont fire correctly.

Vapor Fiend

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have noticed some of my atties no matter what the build just loose voltage and dont fire correctly.

That could be a few things that I've experienced:

Try screwing everything together in different orders. Sometimes the way things are seated together causes differences in firing or misfiring.

Sometimes it's just the way you hit the button.

The contacts made need to be re-surfaced. I.E. today I had to sand my stillare's contact with some 400gpi sand paper to get it nice and flat again.

Could be just ONE little tiny fuckin spot of wire touching something else and shorting.

These things are pretty finicky sometimes. Sometimes they literally need to be persuaded to fire lol

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah but when you really get down to it, .3Ω is .3Ω no matter what you use it on save variable devices that can exceed 50watts power. I don't mess with VV/VW stuff anymore so I'm kind of lost when it comes to that. My setups hit more or less the same on all my mechanicals +- a few volts due to voltage drop. I guess once you find your sweet spot, you don't dare stray.
I'll always love the concept of the mech. It's like wholistic. Hah!

Vapor Fiend

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'll always love the concept of the mech. It's like wholistic. Hah!

By the way, this Mutation X is kicking my ass now. I dialed in the air-flow I like and man is she blazin'. I'm not foggin' up the garage or anything but it's definitely reporting.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
That could be a few things that I've experienced:

Try screwing everything together in different orders. Sometimes the way things are seated together causes differences in firing or misfiring.

Sometimes it's just the way you hit the button.

The contacts made need to be re-surfaced. I.E. today I had to sand my stillare's contact with some 400gpi sand paper to get it nice and flat again.

Could be just ONE little tiny fuckin spot of wire touching something else and shorting.

These things are pretty finicky sometimes. Sometimes they literally need to be persuaded to fire lol
Personally I am tired of dropping cash on shit that just don;t work for me.
Tobh, mutantion x and mephesto are what I am going to stick with.

Ace

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
after I got my dna 30 realized that 1.2-1.4 at 30w is a real sweet spot. The dna puts out 6.4 (iirc) volts. Coils at .5 only get about 4 volts. You can get about tje same clouds. try it you may be suprised.

Vapor Fiend

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Personally I am tired of dropping cash on shit that just don;t work for me.
Tobh, mutantion x and mephesto are what I am going to stick with.

Oh I totally hear you on that. I HATE buying something after watching countless reviews saying it's great and seeing amazing performance out of it, only to receive it and it just not work for me at all. I admit that a majority of that is error on my part, but god damnit dude, I want the fuckin' thing to work like it's supposed to!

The magma is a perfect example. I researched it for a while, watched tons of videos.. Get it. Set it up. Vape. Instantly pissed at it. Now I have to either sell it and lose money or risk destroying it by boring out the air holes. The thing is like trying to suck a golf ball through a garden hose for me. No idea why. No obstructions at all. Just not what I like. I wish there was a shop near me that let me test this shit out before I bought it.

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Have u ever tried touching ur coil while it's sitting on ur ohm meter? I don't mean moving or bending it. Just a touch. The reading should stay constant. If not, there could be a short somewhere. Least, that's what I've been taught. I'm no engineer.

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
after I got my dna 30 realized that 1.2-1.4 at 30w is a real sweet spot. The dna puts out 6.4 (iirc) volts. Coils at .5 only get about 4 volts. You can get about tje same clouds. try it you may be suprised.
I'm gonna try that. I do have this hesitation, though, that if I push my box to 30W it's gonna singe my hand!

Vapor Fiend

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

I've been getting closer and closer to trying out one of these new high wattage boxes. I'm just not a big fan of big bulky box mods really.

muth said:
have you tried touching your coils while it's on an ohm meter

No I have not nor have I ever heard about that. I will give it a shot right now though!

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
No short but loss of connectivity for odd reason.. the block on the plume veil clone I got is just fucking worthless as tits on a frog.

Vapor Fiend

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well I touched my coils while on the ohm meter and the result stayed the same. But, it is jumping from .28 to .3 now, even before I touched it. I might have wiggled something lose.

Scratch that, it wasn't on the ohm meter totally. Adjusted screws, tightened down all the way. Solid constant .3Ω with touching. I think I'm good.

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
FBh1ID5.jpg

Ace

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Try checking out the CLT. Really good quality for great price. My absolute favorite dripper (zenith, stillaire, and patriot clones and several igos)
No short but loss of connectivity for odd reason.. the block on the plume veil clone I got is just fucking worthless as tits on a frog.

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ha ha. In my neck of the woods we call it tits on a bull.

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Shhh that is our secret.
About to rebuild a low dual parallel before going down and raising hell at a retarded B&M.
I found a retarded B&M where I live. They had six bottles of juice. All menthol and one traditional tobacco. Whadup!!??

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well I touched my coils while on the ohm meter and the result stayed the same. But, it is jumping from .28 to .3 now, even before I touched it. I might have wiggled something lose.

Scratch that, it wasn't on the ohm meter totally. Adjusted screws, tightened down all the way. Solid constant .3Ω with touching. I think I'm good.
I've been told it's not unusual to have your ohms waver. There are such things as vapor ghosts. Haven't you heard?

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Try checking out the CLT. Really good quality for great price. My absolute favorite dripper (zenith, stillaire, and patriot clones and several igos)
CLT? I'm terrible with abbreviations.

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've been getting closer and closer to trying out one of these new high wattage boxes. I'm just not a big fan of big bulky box mods really.

Yea, when I'm out and about with my box my friend says she's embarrassed. How do u like that? What a nerve.

No I have not nor have I ever heard about that. I will give it a shot right now though!

VU Sponsors