Become a Patron!

Just got a Delta II

TasteMyToast

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I've been using an Atlantis for a few weeks now. Overall I've been really impressed with it, good airflow, decent flavor, and big clouds. I went to my local vape store today, and saw the Joyetech Delta II. I'd read some good reviews, and decided to go ahead and buy one. Wow, this thing is awesome. The flavor of my favorite juices just explode in this thing. It doesn't spit hot liquid at all, which is something I'd just gotten used to with my Atlantis. Only gripe I have is that it's hard to fiil, and it's hard to see how much juice you have left. Anybody else using the Delta II? I'd like to hear other people's impressions.

The Delta II is almost flawless. As you've mentioned, the Delta II is somewhat difficult to fill your ejuice with, the visibility of your ejuice is difficult to see, and additionally, it whistles a little which I really don't mind. Other than that, the flavor is outstanding, airflow is on point, and the amount of vapor it produces is amazing. In my very own opinion, the Kanger subtank mini and the Delta II are both awesome products. Both these tanks noticeably produce much better flavor than the Atlantis

I'd rank them from 1 being the best:
1. Joyetech Delta 2
2. Kanger Subtank Mini
3. Aspire Atlantis.
But again, this is my own opinion.

Also the Delta 2 seems to be a bit more power hungry and works very well 30 watts+. You can use the Delta 2 on 30w devices, however if you want to experience its full potential i'd recommend going over 30 watts with this particular clearomizer.

The Kanger Subtank Mini is a tank that works wonders on 30 vv/vw devices.

TasteMyToast

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I haven't noticed any whistiling, but I
can't really get it to go above 35 watts without it tasting burnt. Maybe the juice I'm using.

TVG

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just received my delta 2 today with the RBA base.
A couple issues with it:
- Machine oil or whathever factory smell it was, eww. Thankfully it's gone now
- This thing hits like a fucking truck, even diluting my 6mg juices with glycerin, holy shit, too harsh
- Stock coils have a LOOOOOONG delay before firing up. At first I tought my shiny new iStick 50 was defective

So yeah, figured pretty quickly the stock coil head wasn't for me, I prefer something smoother.
I built the RBA using twisted kanthal (can't fucking remember if it was 26? I think). Wicked it with rayon (fiberfreaks) and it's basically where I want it now. Getting about as much vapor as the stock heads maybe a tiny bit less I don't know, and flavor is good even tho I'm using juices diluted with pure glycerin. Using halo malibu and alice twas brillig mixed with about half glycerin, which should be something like 80% glycerin in the end. It wicks fine up until 40 watts. At 50 it requires shorter puffs, but I guess I could always hack the juice flow base if I really wanted that. I don't, though. Not sure how much the rayon helps with the wicking part.

I will keep my nautilus mini around tho because, yeah, this is not a "living among your peers" type thing. You fog up the place bigtime.

TLDR: stock heads are too harsh and fire too slow, a good build on RBA is better for me.

TVG

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Small piece of info, the wire that comes with the rba base seems to be nichrome, it is not magnetic. Maybe the stock heads are nichrome too. It doesn't explain why they take so long to fire at 0.5 ohms though. Maybe I got a bad one.

There's also new information on pbusardo website about the heat resistant wicking part. With an actual direct reply from joyetech.

TasteMyToast

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just received my delta 2 today with the RBA base.
A couple issues with it:
- Machine oil or whathever factory smell it was, eww. Thankfully it's gone now
- This thing hits like a fucking truck, even diluting my 6mg juices with glycerin, holy shit, too harsh
- Stock coils have a LOOOOOONG delay before firing up. At first I tought my shiny new iStick 50 was defective

So yeah, figured pretty quickly the stock coil head wasn't for me, I prefer something smoother.
I built the RBA using twisted kanthal (can't fucking remember if it was 26? I think). Wicked it with rayon (fiberfreaks) and it's basically where I want it now. Getting about as much vapor as the stock heads maybe a tiny bit less I don't know, and flavor is good even tho I'm using juices diluted with pure glycerin. Using halo malibu and alice twas brillig mixed with about half glycerin, which should be something like 80% glycerin in the end. It wicks fine up until 40 watts. At 50 it requires shorter puffs, but I guess I could always hack the juice flow base if I really wanted that. I don't, though. Not sure how much the rayon helps with the wicking part.

I will keep my nautilus mini around tho because, yeah, this is not a "living among your peers" type thing. You fog up the place bigtime.

TLDR: stock heads are too harsh and fire too slow, a good build on RBA is better for me.
I haven't noticed any firing delay on the stock coils. Maybe a fraction of a second.

TasteMyToast

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So, I've spent some time with the Delta and thought I'd update this thread. Coils are lasting me about a week, not bad. It has developed a bit of a leaking problem, which kinda sucks. I've found that tightening the coil fixes this, but I feel like I'm putting unnecessary stress on the threads. It's still performing like a champ. I got a Kangertech subtank as well, and I'd say it's flavor is just as good as the delta. Airflow on the delta is a little bit better though. Overall I've been very pleased with it.

IX of XIII

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The Delta 2 is the truth IMO! Dont worry about the stress on the threads. I loose coil head will take you straight to leak city! I'm loving the RBA head. Its the first I've built on (2 weeks building now. That and my hybrid mod) and it's pretty easy to build on. Even started building vertical coils on it! Overall it goes thru juice like no tomorrow but I'm loving it!

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I haven't noticed any whistiling, but I
can't really get it to go above 35 watts without it tasting burnt. Maybe the juice I'm using.
Is your juice control on the atomizer head all the way open? I'm running mine at 45 watts with 90%VG dripping juice and it just performs, no dry hits, no burned taste.

VU Sponsors