Become a Patron!

just bought authentic Sony VTC5'S

r2beat

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Edit: I'm sorry guys. It seems like I bought the last of them.

Just bought 6x genuine sony VTC 5's for 121 with priority shipping included. I bought them off of ebay and the sellerssellers id is genuinecells.

Seller upgraded my shipping to priority and answered my messages within 12 hours. Sometimes even minutes. Crazy fast.

He ran out of perfect vtc5s and has auctions going for batteries with minor defects. They are not noticeable. Like small dents in the wrapper etc. I couldnt even find the so called defects on mine. I bought 6 of these

I received the batteries early yesterday and took it to a vapeshop to see if they were authentic. The owner said he was 99% sure they authentic. I then took it to a local "battery expert" who had proper equipment to test mah amps and other battle toad things.

Battle toad testings came out true and proper.

AdamSenior

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I know a site whwere they are selling real vtc5's if you want the site just pm me. I just bought 2 of them

Fuzzy Bruce

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Is twenty bucks a battery normal or is this gouging?

barberguy

Member For 4 Years
hey adam what the difference and which is better

TWO Sony 18650 US18650VTC4 HIGH DRAIN IMR Li-on 2100mAh 30A 2 battery
or
Sony VTC5 30A 2600mah 18650 Battery

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
6 for 121!! That's wild! I got 4 VTC5s for $40 a couple weeks ago. Reputable e-cig supplier. Confirmed authentic. Just checked and he does not have them listed on his site anymore. Must have sold out!

r2beat

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
6 for 121!! That's wild! I got 4 VTC5s for $40 a couple weeks ago. Reputable e-cig supplier. Confirmed authentic. Just checked and he does not have them listed on his site anymore. Must have sold out!
Yeah every reputable vendor I tried buying from was sold out so I ended paying more than usual.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Makes me glad I picked up the 6 I got when I did, got for $10 a piece, hopefully by the time I need more, this short supply will be over with.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Damn, wife and I each have a pair of 5s, a pair of purple Efests, and when we couldn't find any more 5s at a decent price (Efests were subbed with our permission by a vendor who sold out of 5s), we just bought 2 pairs of 4s for $21 each...and I thought that was a rip! Are the 5s gone for good, or is this just temporary hyperinflation til another batch hits? I'm thinking I should be good for six months or a year as it stands...maybe a VTC6 is coming (wishful thinking)?

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Everyone is gouging as sony is not making them any more atleast this is what we have heard and their statement said these were never suppose to get on the market.. I myself do not care as I already found a replacement.. I would never pay 120.00 for 6 cells thats insane.. but do what you must

Rock Hunter

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

barberguy

Member For 4 Years
1. CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHATS THE DIFFERENCE

2. WHY ARE SOME 29.00 - 39.00 AND UP TO 1000.00

PLEASE THANKYOU

• SONY VTC5 3.7V US18650VTC5 2600mah HIGH DRAIN 30A RECHARGEABLE Li-on Battery
or

SONY US18650VTC4 2600 mAh 30A Battery 18650 RECHARGEABLE Li-on HIGH DRAIN

AdamSenior

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
1. CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHATS THE DIFFERENCE

2. WHY ARE SOME 29.00 - 39.00 AND UP TO 1000.00

PLEASE THANKYOU

• SONY VTC5 3.7V US18650VTC5 2600mah HIGH DRAIN 30A RECHARGEABLE Li-on Battery
or

SONY US18650VTC4 2600 mAh 30A Battery 18650 RECHARGEABLE Li-on HIGH DRAIN
they are getting harder and harder to find because Sony stop making Sony vtc5 so some vendors are price gouging and some are just assholes

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have VTC3s 4s and 5s. The 3's hit the hardest in a mech but don't last that long. 4's a little less intense and last a bit longer. 5's yet a bit less but last much longer than the others. This has something to do with capacity and internal resistance but I'm not all that battery tech savvy. They are all 30A continuous with 60A+ pulse. By far the best, safest and strongest batteries on the market!

Texasdawg

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Has any one had a chance to test the xtar 18650 vtc5's. Got some for a decent enough price considering it all,,, if they are real,,,the place was mentioned in a previous post,,,

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Has any one had a chance to test the xtar 18650 vtc5's. Got some for a decent enough price considering it all,,, if they are real,,,the place was mentioned in a previous post,,,
From what others have said these are in fact genuine Sony VTC5's. But don't quote me on that...

Texasdawg

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That would be good,,, picked up four,,, now they are saying 3 to 7 days before shipping instead of in stock,,, wonder if they are out now or going to get more,,, from where???

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I've got a couple of these coming. I've heard good things about them or I wouldn't have taken the chance. Thinking up a good way to test them without buying a battery test station.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I know nothing about the vendor for those Xtar VTC5's. If they are actually Xtar's then they are very likely VTC5's. I do know that rtdvapor.com is selling Xtar wrapped VTC4's. They have an excellent reputation for only selling genuine batteries.

AdamSenior

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
they are now out of stock way to go guys lol im glad i am stocked up for the for see able future.
Lol. I ended up just getting a pair of LG HE2's from Genuinecells on ebay. I think you referred me to him in the past, or someone else here did, and I got his last pair of vtc5's. They are legit, and he's a trustworthy vendor. I'm done with my sony search. Even 20 amps is far beyond any build I've done, so my three vtc5's are fine, and I get 2 LG's for the price of one sony. I usually build to 1.2 so the LG's more than suit my needs.

Good luck in your sony searches all, I am respectfully bowing out for now. ;)

AdamSenior

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Lol. I ended up just getting a pair of LG HE2's from Genuinecells on ebay. I think you referred me to him in the past, or someone else here did, and I got his last pair of vtc5's. They are legit, and he's a trustworthy vendor. I'm done with my sony search. Even 20 amps is far beyond any build I've done, so my three vtc5's are fine, and I get 2 LG's for the price of one sony. I usually build to 1.2 so the LG's more than suit my needs.

Good luck in your sony searches all, I am respectfully bowing out for now. ;)
Ya that was me who referred you to him. whats funny is I bought 2 vtc5's off of him for 18.99 and when I went back to get more his price went up like almost double. Fucking supply and demand. Oh and if you want sony vtc4's the best thing to do is buy the "Efest 18650 30amp 2100mah Purple Battery" because they are vtc4's rewrapped. I would buy those befor I bought their so called 35 amp 2500mah battery.

barberguy

Member For 4 Years
thankyou everyone I truly have to say that this site is wonderful, not only do you learn a lot and people help each other without hesitation
It is alot of fun too

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Ya that was me who referred you to him. whats funny is I bought 2 vtc5's off of him for 18.99 and when I went back to get more his price went up like almost double. Fucking supply and demand. Oh and if you want sony vtc4's the best thing to do is buy the "Efest 18650 30amp 2100mah Purple Battery" because they are vtc4's rewrapped. I would buy those befor I bought their so called 35 amp 2500mah battery.
Yup, I paid 29.99 for a pair, seems fair compared to now, and I actually got em. I definitely appreciate the referral to him, it's scary buying batteries from anyone, let alone ebay, and he's trustworthy for sure. And I'd rather have the extra MAH than 10 more amps for my needs, plus, I'm kinda down on efest for a Lot of reasons at this point.

VU Sponsors