Become a Patron!

Just a Question

Daniel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I just have a question I want to ask, so I'll kinda know what to look for and which way to go. If you bought a mod from someone, and ever since you bought the mod, you've been having issues with it, like, the top piece causes the Kayfun to lock itself onto it, tighter than Dick's hatband, and the only way to get it off it to drain out the juice, and then disassemble the tank, and use 2 pairs of pliers to wrench the Kayfun off of it, should I just move on and buy another mod of the same kind from a vendor?

Last edited:

bluraff3

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
What mod are you using? Does it have a floating center pin and is it bottom firing? If so, have you tried unscrewing the switch a but before removing the atty? Sometimes I screw in my switch to hard, which jams the battery into the center pin which then jams the atty threads up into the mod threads just enough that unscrewing it is almost impossible.
If that's not the problem, then I would definitely try a new mod from a reputable vendor and also let everyone know who's giving you the cold shoulder here.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Most mech mods with adjustable centre pins need for you to back the pin off before the atty can be unscrewed, as it binds (intentionally). The procedure for mechs is to remove the top cap, put on the atty...screw the pin up to meet the 510 connector...then back off the bottom switch cap and replace the top cap. Finally tighten the bottom cap until the battery meets the top pin. This prevents binding of the battery and possible damage.

Daniel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Most mech mods with adjustable centre pins need for you to back the pin off before the atty can be unscrewed, as it binds (intentionally). The procedure for mechs is to remove the top cap, put on the atty...screw the pin up to meet the 510 connector...then back off the bottom switch cap and replace the top cap. Finally tighten the bottom cap until the battery meets the top pin. This prevents binding of the battery and possible damage.
Cannot do that because the topcap has locked itself to the atty. I cannot get the two apart. So, I figured I was sold a mod with bad threads to start with, and after 10 messages to the seller, with no response, it's not hard to figure out I've been put on ignore. No problem. I see how this is.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Cannot do that because the topcap has locked itself to the atty. I cannot get the two apart. So, I figured I was sold a mod with bad threads to start with, and after 10 messages to the seller, with no response, it's not hard to figure out I've been put on ignore. No problem. I see how this is.
put the tube bit in a pot of boiled water fresh off the hob. Do NOT immerse the top cap!!! This will free the threads so you can remove the top cap. Inspect the threading and use a wire brush then a soft cloth to clean the threads.....adding a THIN coat of Noalox is not a bad idea as not only will it lube the threading, but also aid very slightly in conductivity. Remember, the entire mod is the negative part of the circuit.

Andrew M

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If its brass or copper those two metals are pretty soft and can bind really easily if you screw something on with too much force. If youre determined to buy something new check out fasttech or ebay, those are my favorites

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Or take the battery out and atty off and toss it in the freezer for a few hours.
If you have band wrenches it will help a ton and save your fingers.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I echo the noalox suggestion. I have been using it now for a while on all my copper mods, and it smooths thing out immensely. A little goes a LONG way, and you can always wipe excess off with a q tip. That's how I apply it as well. It's really cheap at the hardware store, and a tiny tube will last forever. Of course, this is after you get the damn top cap off... Good luck.

VU Sponsors