Become a Patron!

Juice %

KeelieKimber

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What % of juice do you guys usually use in a 30ml bottle? I was thinking @ 20%.

TKX

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
What % of juice do you guys usually use in a 30ml bottle? I was thinking @ 20%.

TKX
I depends on the flavorings you're using, really. I'm usually under 10% for a total mix. Most single flavors I try at 2 or 3%, it really depends on the manufacturer.

KeelieKimber

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sooooo............. Too much flavor can void taste?

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Yep, it can. Sounds weird, I know, but it can. How much did you use? What brand? If it's one someone is familiar with they might have a better idea.

KeelieKimber

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
TFA DX Caramel, TFA Graham Cracker (Clear) and White Chocolate. Total % was 20. Too Much? I did notice the caramel smell was super strong. I plan on going Organic once I get the basic hang of things (even though I will have to start all over what with differences in juice, etc.). :)

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
OK, I'm going to tag a couple people that I'm pretty sure use some or all of those flavors. I've only had the White Chocolate once and can't remember what I used it at, thinking 3-5%. @OBDave, @Heabob, @Pauly Walnuts are the ones I'm thinking might use those. Hopefully, they'll be able to give you their experiences with those, as well. Sound good, too!

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
It might be a little high in %, but TFA sometimes does take a bit more. and steeping time really does help with some flavors, too.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Oh, Keeli, if it does turn out to be over-flavored, you can split it into two mixes and add more base. Might work. It might just be as simple as a steep, here, too.

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
OK, I'm going to tag a couple people that I'm pretty sure use some or all of those flavors. I've only had the White Chocolate once and can't remember what I used it at, thinking 3-5%. @OBDave, @Heabob, @Pauly Walnuts are the ones I'm thinking might use those. Hopefully, they'll be able to give you their experiences with those, as well. Sound good, too!
Huck, you use alot of FA flavorings to my knowledge. FA recipes are normally kept under 10%total since FA flavorings are so concentrated.
TFA is less concentrated and therefore needs more to make a flavorful recipe.
TFA DX Caramel, TFA Graham Cracker (Clear) and White Chocolate. Total % was 20. Too Much? I did notice the caramel smell was super strong. I plan on going Organic once I get the basic hang of things (even though I will have to start all over what with differences in juice, etc.). :)
Ok, @KeelieKimber try this:
I only have graham cracker clear, so I cant help with specifics.
My advice is to mix an individual tester of each flavoring and see how they taste alone. Start at 5% and if the flavor is weak, add 1% and so on. Figure out the flavor you want to stand out, then see which ones you want to be in the background.
So a possible recipe for your flavorings could be White chocolate 7%, graham cracker clear 3%, and caramel 4%. But you have to do your own research.

You ll only know which one you like the best if you try them by themselves first. Like I said, try them at 5%, record your findings and make the best mix for you.

There are so many variables and so many possibilities. Post your findings and we can help you further.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Huck, you use alot of FA flavorings to my knowledge. FA recipes are normally kept under 10%total since FA flavorings are so concentrated.
I do use a LOT of FA, I just don't have a lot of the TFA experience I see from you guys that I quoted :)

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I do use a LOT of FA, I just don't have a lot of the TFA experience I see from you guys that I quoted :)
My 'mostly tfa' recipes normally come in at between 15 and 20 percent flavoring. There are alot of really good tfa flavorings, but you need more of them than FA flavorings.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I have a handful of them, but mostly spices. And CRANBERRY!! Love that one. Thanks for your help :)

KeelieKimber

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Ok, @KeelieKimber try this:
I only have graham cracker clear, so I cant help with specifics.
My advice is to mix an individual tester of each flavoring and see how they taste alone. Start at 5% and if the flavor is weak, add 1% and so on. Figure out the flavor you want to stand out, then see which ones you want to be in the background.
So a possible recipe for your flavorings could be White chocolate 7%, graham cracker clear 3%, and caramel 4%. But you have to do your own research.

You ll only know which one you like the best if you try them by themselves first. Like I said, try them at 5%, record your findings and make the best mix for you.

There are so many variables and so many possibilities. Post your findings and we can help you further.
Thank you soooo much for the insight ! Never thought of that. I will keep you guys posted.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, sorry I can't be a lot of help, but since @Huckleberried tagged me in...

That may or may not be too much flavor - I have some TFA and CAP recipes that approach 20% flavoring, others not so much. I'd take half of your bottle, pour it into another, then top the first up with base. Try it again at half strength, then let them both steep a while and try both again...

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
When using %s the size of the bottle does not matter unless your using a very small bottle. Answer to your Question with your flavors listed is yes way too strong. Carmel needs to be 1 to 3% example here is what I would mix the three at. .5% caramel, 2.5% gram cracker 1% white chocolate and if it were me I would not even bother with the white cause it is a hard one that does have an off taste that to me really does not taste like white chocolate that could change a good thing you have going.

KeelieKimber

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
When using %s the size of the bottle does not matter unless your using a very small bottle. Answer to your Question with your flavors listed is yes way too strong. Carmel needs to be 1 to 3% example here is what I would mix the three at. .5% caramel, 2.5% gram cracker 1% white chocolate and if it were me I would not even bother with the white cause it is a hard one that does have an off taste that to me really does not taste like white chocolate that could change a good thing you have going.
Thank you for the input and info. Good to know.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I always find this issue somewhat misleading and I've yet to have anyone address it....PG is used in no small part because is such a good flavor carrier...3% of flavoring in a 70pg/30vg juice is going to be different than a 3% flavoring in a 10%pg 90% vg juice....VG just doesn't carry flavor as well and making these blanket kind of recommendation seems misleading......do people actually find that they use the same amount of flavoring regardless of PG/VG ratios and get the same results?

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I depends on the flavorings you're using, really. I'm usually under 10% for a total mix. Most single flavors I try at 2 or 3%, it really depends on the manufacturer.
yes but what pg/vg ratio are you mixing at. I just mades a 20% pg 80% and I used about 13% FA.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
yes but what pg/vg ratio are you mixing at. I just mades a 20% pg 80% and I used about 13% FA.
Well, yes, I'm a high PG vaper, but I'm sensitive to VG over 25%. I just made a base of 30% VG to see how I do with that. Plus, I like throat hit, so it works in my favor for PG. I know a LOT of max VG vapers, and they say that they mix recipes as posted here, no increase in flavor. HIC, for example, is a max VG vaper and you see how little flavoring he uses. We're all different with taste. I used to use a lot more flavoring than I do now.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, yes, I'm a high PG vaper, but I'm sensitive to VG over 25%. I just made a base of 30% VG to see how I do with that. Plus, I like throat hit, so it works in my favor for PG. I know a LOT of max VG vapers, and they say that they mix recipes as posted here, no increase in flavor. HIC, for example, is a max VG vaper and you see how little flavoring he uses. We're all different with taste. I used to use a lot more flavoring than I do now.
I think the other issue not being talkjed about is gear, and style.....when you have a sub tank stuffed with a pillow or a dripper with half a sofa stuffed in it and your vaping at ,2 ohms.....your are sucking in twice or more the ejuice and e juice flavorings than someone whose vaping a ss mesh wick in a genny vaping at .9 ohms...you are consuming twice the amount of flavorings in each pull.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
that's not logical though...we know flavor vendors sell flavorings in PG bases BECAUSE PG carries well.if not they'd use VG base to carry their flavorings in......max VG vapers are almost exclusively very sub ohm vapers that means they are sucking down a big amount of flavoing in eah pull and that makes up for the lack of flavor carrying in the juice.

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I don't usually like to venture into this territory because it does depend on the type of unit your vaping with as pulsevape has described above and with the newbys out there this is so confusing, so usually I ask what type of unit they are using and I give them a answer for that unit. or unit's. When I sell juice to friends ect I now have to ask the question for what unit are you going to be using with this juice lol.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
^^^^ yeah I always thought they should design juice for gennys like the design juices for cloud chasers.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
that's not logical though...we know flavor vendors sell flavorings in PG bases BECAUSE PG carries well.if not they'd use VG base to carry their flavorings in......max VG vapers are almost exclusively very sub ohm vapers that means they are sucking down a big amount of flavoing in eah pull and that makes up for the lack of flavor carrying in the juice.
I suppose you'd have to ask a variety to get the answer you're looking for. I can only share what I know from what others have told me, or my own experiences. If 2 people using opposing types of equipment can get the flavor they're looking for with low percentages, it's a matter of their own preference. There are no rules, just preference.

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
To a point. for good example is I had 50/50% with 16mg that I use in a areo tank at 2ohm and works perfect. Now tried it in a melo tank and totally coughed my head off because it is a sub ohm tank. Now in the same sub ohm tank if you drop the nic to 4 or 5 mg and add more vg=less throat hit works perfect so there are times you do have to make changes to match the unit. Now using the same areo tank 5% flavor 50/50 pg, vg, 16mg but change to more vg say 40/60 you will have less throat hit and more sweetness with little more vapor. Also you will find the actual taste will be little muffled a tad.

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Not really my percentages, but it looks amazing :D
The software includes 2 premixed solutions that get counted as 5% flavor each.
When it's actually VG with less than 1% flavoring.
There's a method to my madness :cool:

joke.jpg

BluntForceOne

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I do all max vg mixes and it depends on the flavoring. I find if they're a vg base in the flavoring I need to keep it up around 20% to get it to pop. All pg based flavorings are usually around 10 to 12% and a mix of the two usually ends up hovering around 14 to 18%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HI, i'm just started DIYing. I use TFA flavor for my 1st ejuice, 50/50 pg/vg with a total of 15% flavoring consist of 3 TFA brand (Blueberry extra 8%, Pomegranate 3% & Vanillin 4%).
The problem is, i noticed the flavor is too light. Do i have to increase the total flavoring %? Or do i need to change the pg/vg ratio to be 70/30 for me to enhance the flavoring? I really confuse.. & need an advise.

BluntForceOne

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
HI, i'm just started DIYing. I use TFA flavor for my 1st ejuice, 50/50 pg/vg with a total of 15% flavoring consist of 3 TFA brand (Blueberry extra 8%, Pomegranate 3% & Vanillin 4%).
The problem is, i noticed the flavor is too light. Do i have to increase the total flavoring %? Or do i need to change the pg/vg ratio to be 70/30 for me to enhance the flavoring? I really confuse.. & need an advise.

15% flavor with a 50/50 blend should plenty. Increasing your flavoring isn't always the answer and there are a variety of things that could be contributing to the issue. One could be steeping, if you're trying to shake and vape you've REALLY gotta shake, otherwise nothing mixes and you can have big pockets of no flavor. Or you could be overheating it if you're giving it a water bath or putting it in the crockpot. Fruit flavors are pretty susceptible to heat and often become muted/dull when over cooked. Play around with different steeping methods, if none of them work then you should consider either adjusting your blend, increasing the flavor percent, or adding some sweetener.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skeene

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
i made a small batch of tfa blueberry extra 8% with a few drops of tfa fresh cream. good but a little weak. will try again with 10%

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
To further muddy the water, I fondly remember we2rcool posting that they didn't change the percentages in their preferred high VG liquids, eschewed additives and instead relied on time or time plus temperature (a food dehydrator in their case) to encourage and enhance flavor development.

'OT: 'Sure miss those two. What a great mind they had when they put their heads together.

VU Sponsors