Become a Patron!

Juice tasting hardware

Henry

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have reached my happy place on vaping hardware and it's time get serious about making juice, but know I will have overlapping flavor each time I add a tweak to the juice and re-wicking my Kayfun for each taste seem like a real pain.
What setup does every use for taste tasting their dyi juice

vapingmandycat

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Show Host
im real basic on my hardware for testing, i really like the basic short wick on a mini squid for tasting because of the fact i can switch flavors easily without them overlaping and i generally have a build of 1.7 ohms or higher. I dont sub ohm so i dont taste flavors at that level. but the short wick and small dripper work perfect for vaporizing off old flavors quickly before adding a touch of new flavor for testing

LadyBren

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have some bridged and non bridged atomizers I use once in a while but mostly
I use my Caterpillar RBA (cheap but great) and I really like it. Most of the time I can
vape it pretty dry then change flavors but with some flavors you just have to change
the wicking, it's pretty easy. I did find out real early in my vaping trials and errors that
you just have to have something to taste your juice with, I wasted a lot, filling tanks
and bottles (in my case) just to find out it sucked :eek:

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Trident clone from FT usually. I have an Igo-L but for some reason I don't get the same great flavor from it. If I like it in the Trident it goes into a Reo with an RM2 for further testing! If it's really an ADV then I may put it in a Kayfun or Fogger, just to free up a Reo - but the flavor is best in the Reo imo.

FL_David

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I use the ol' 306 atty and ego batteries to do quick tasting. If the mix tastes good with the basic setup, it usually will be great with my everyday stuff.The 306's are real easy to work with. Two or three drops, test, blow out any leftovers, repeat. With strong flavors I might have to rinse and let dry while I use another one.

VapinChevy

Abnormal Chevy Guy
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reviewer
Hmmm.... Juice tasting hardware. I use my Quasar or Tobh to taste test liquids. Once I like a liquid, I will bring out one of my other atty's & vape away :D

Cavediver

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've tried the unbridged 510 atty idea, and found things taste different than they do in my Kayfun clones or in the drippers. I've pretty much shelved it in favor of an Igo S; a mini version of the Igo L that works well on top of VV ego batteries.

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I agree with Cavediver, Amanda and Calsil... lol

I used the old 306 and 510 drippers lomg ago......too hard to get the flavor out quickly...

Use a cheap dripper. I have a couple old Trident FT clones and I put a little piece of cotton in it.....drip it until Im tired of tasting it and will pull the cotton out and stick another piece in.....I dry burn the empty coil only......this takes less than a minute to do going from flavor to flavor. It would be nice to have maybe three ten dollar drippers there in front of you so you can compare or pass around to friends to see what they think...

I will sometimes mix juice X with 3% berry, then one with 4% berry then one with 6 % berry and go from dripper to dripper. Makes life easy..... and as much as I enjoy my Kayfun and Taifun, neither will taste as good as that 10 dollar dripper....

Two cents amd all that. Good luck..

tick22

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I got the Drippers' Delight from Kidney Punch before I started to learn to rebuild, then a Caterpillar RBA to practice on and both are great. If they taste good there, then I know I can tank then. Getting better with the coil building and have gotten some other drippers and finally a Kayfun Nano. Still test my flavors using those plus now others...

Passunca

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Trident clone from FT usually. I have an Igo-L but for some reason I don't get the same great flavor from it. If I like it in the Trident it goes into a Reo with an RM2 for further testing! If it's really an ADV then I may put it in a Kayfun or Fogger, just to free up a Reo - but the flavor is best in the Reo imo.

This, without the REO part :)

But those base double rings are a pain in my Trident. I takes me more time to uncap than to rewick :p

Bryon

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have reached my happy place on vaping hardware and it's time get serious about making juice, but know I will have overlapping flavor each time I add a tweak to the juice and re-wicking my Kayfun for each taste seem like a real pain.
What setup does every use for taste tasting their dyi juice

You can turn your Kayfun into a dripper, makes it a little easier. I use a 510 atty, my magma, and kayfun converted to dripper. The wicking material can make a big difference, I changed to Cellucotton (100% Rayon), it takes changes in flavor very easily, you can even squeeze out the old flavor on the wick with a paper towel.

The easiest to use for flavor tasting is a 510 atty, I just add a couple of drops, taste it, then clean out with some PG for the next flavor. If you have an air compressor, just rinse in some water, blow it out and start flavor tasting again. Quick and simple.

luciddreamer

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Single microcoil with cotton. Wick, taste juice, take out cotton, dry burn, rewick, and repeat. Can be done on a Kayfun

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
You can turn your Kayfun into a dripper, makes it a little easier. .

this is what I do. I just toot off the chimney. if I like it I fill it up. if i dont I pull the wick out real quick and fill it with something I like. to me it only makes sense to test on what you vape with . I rarely get agreed with tho :rolleyes: lol. its like saying ohhhh I just test drove this farrari and then bought a geo metro sight unseen. tho a good juice will taste good on anything

jmaulvapor

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Have an Igo- L with a single coil wickless build at .8 ohms for tasting. Drip directly on the atty and can take 2 or 3 puffs then it's easy to try a new flavor. I don't DIY, but I think a wickless coil would be the best way to taste changes you make with your juices.

luciddreamer

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Have an Igo- L with a single coil wickless build at .8 ohms for tasting. Drip directly on the atty and can take 2 or 3 puffs then it's easy to try a new flavor. I don't DIY, but I think a wickless coil would be the best way to taste changes you make with your juices.
Curious to try this wickless coil. Can you show us how to make one?

Talon4x4

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I also prefer the wickless coil for testing out new juice. Here is the video I followed for making one.

Talon4x4

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have twisted wire before but never to such a degree. Thats interesting.

It was definitely a pain in the ass to make but in the end, so worth it. You put 4-5 drops right on the coil and vape. Then once its all used up your ready for the next flavor. No need to change the wick. Sometimes just a couple dry burns if there is some residual juice left in the well. The one trick with the build is to push the coil down to the build deck as close as possible without touching. This will allow it to wick up the juice.

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've used bridge-less attys, igos, etc...but for me, the easiest way to test flavors is to take the filling out of old carts and add two/three drops. They're easy to clean, very cheap (or free if you use old ones), and I don't need to futz with coils, wick, etc. It isn't perfect, but it definitely gives me the idea as to whether I like a flavor or not.

VU Sponsors