Become a Patron!

Juice issues with my Smok TFV8.

Hello Vaping Veterans! So I recently bought the Smok TFV8, absolutely love it! I am seeming to have an issue though that I need a little bit of advice for. I use the Fuchai 200w with my tank, the clouds are absolutely amazing, the issue I am having is with juice. I properly primed my V8-T8 coil, let it sit for about 5-6 mins go to take my first puff and it has this weird taste. So I take a couple more pulls and warm my coil up, get it to the desired watt and it still has this weird taste. I was vaping Carmel Custard at around 120 watts. I went online and checked some places, a couple of them said it was the juice, certain flavors don't really do well at high watts. Some people I talk to say it a coil issue, that the juice should taste good and the coil must be running to high (which it's at the recommended settings) and thats why I am getting this weird taste. I'm so confused! I need help! Again I am at this time using the coils it came with and NOT the RBA. Are there certain ejuice flavors I should shy away from while running high wattage? Is it just the coils? Will it taste better on the RBA? I have been vaping for going on three years but I have always been a tank kinda girl. This is my first high watt tank and RBA so I'm definitely gonna need to learn some new things. Thank you in advance for any help you can give.

otto85

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ya it's defiantly the eliquid flavor, caramel and anything baked goods tastes funky and even burnt at higher watts I used the t4 coil at around 105 watts till I had time to get the wicking down pat for the rba head I run that at 85 watts and now all my baked goods eliquid taste amazing with no cloud performance lose

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

otto85

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'll add that running the t8 and t4 coils with fruit flavored eliquids at high watts I've never gotten the funky tastes as I do with the baked goods eliquids

Thank you so much! I switched to my Strawberry buttercream juice later that day and it seems to be withstanding the heat quiet well.

otto85

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Last time I checked tho the smok tfv8 does not have temp control coils yet

otto85

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Honestly I don't see the want or need for temp control especially in the tfv8 I mean no disrespect. High watts is not needed for cloud production and on the same hand with the right setup high watts can produce good flavor but high watt with anything caramel custard baked goods and cereal with produce a off and or burnt taste

VapeLordPhil

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I don't think its the ejuice flavor at all, that happened to me and I switched the juice out multiple times, all of them worked great with my stock coil, I think its a problem specific to the octo coils, I tried three different ones the same package though they all did that to me and it seems that lots of people are having the same issue, they shouldn't do that, could be a problem on Smok's side, if you start experiencing problems like spiting all the time and bad flavor or sickness, I would suggest switching to a different kind of coil and contacting smok or wherever you bought the coils, I contacted smok multiple times about this and have gotten no reply, I assume they will be fixing it soon if this is there problem, hopefully I'm wrong and you don't experience any more issues because I just ordered another pack of them . If you do get more problems with them message me.

I don't think its the ejuice flavor at all, that happened to me and I switched the juice out multiple times, all of them worked great with my stock coil, I think its a problem specific to the octo coils, I tried three different ones the same package though they all did that to me and it seems that lots of people are having the same issue, they shouldn't do that, could be a problem on Smok's side, if you start experiencing problems like spiting all the time and bad flavor or sickness, I would suggest switching to a different kind of coil and contacting smok or wherever you bought the coils, I contacted smok multiple times about this and have gotten no reply, I assume they will be fixing it soon if this is there problem, hopefully I'm wrong and you don't experience any more issues because I just ordered another pack of them . If you do get more problems with them message me.
I get dizzy sometimes but I figure it's because my nicotine level is to high. I am vaping on a 6 and fully intend on going lower. So far the only juice I seem to be having an issue with is the Custard flavored juice. All my other ones taste fine.

VapeLordPhil

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Oh
I haven't bought any coils yet. But normally I tend to get my stuff off ebay. I just got my tank the other day so I am still using the coils it came with.
Oh, I see, I didn't have trouble with the ones that came with it either, its the new packages of the octos that I had trouble with, they could have sent me defective coils. Okay, if you have problems when you buy the new ones, would appreciate it if you would let me know... Good luck and Keep On Vaping!

VU Sponsors