Become a Patron!

Juggerknot Mini RTA trouble

jgarrison34

Bronze Contributor
I’m having trouble getting my juggerknot mini rta to work at all.. I’ve tried every way possible I can think to wick it. Watched a bunch of videos, and I cannot for the life of me get this dang thing to wick. Anybody have experience with this rta?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I’m having trouble getting my juggerknot mini rta to work at all.. I’ve tried every way possible I can think to wick it. Watched a bunch of videos, and I cannot for the life of me get this dang thing to wick. Anybody have experience with this rta?

I used the Juggernaut mini daily from it's release until just recently. Was my favorite single coil RTA.

You say won't work at all, but I'll assume you're referring to the wicking?

It's important to thin out the ends of your wicks and cut them so they are above the height of the post screws on the deck. Too much cotton in the ports or cutting them too long won't allow it to wick.

QP recommended a 2.5mm id coil for that RTA, the biggest I used is 3mm.

Good luck! Once you figure out the wicking, it's a really good vape.

jgarrison34

Bronze Contributor
I used the Juggernaut mini daily from it's release until just recently. Was my favorite single coil RTA.

You say won't work at all, but I'll assume you're referring to the wicking?

It's important to thin out the ends of your wicks and cut them so they are above the height of the post screws on the deck. Too much cotton in the ports or cutting them too long won't allow it to wick.

QP recommended a 2.5mm id coil for that RTA, the biggest I used is 3mm.

Good luck! Once you figure out the wicking, it's a really good vape.

Yeah I meant wicking. When the coil is saturated the experience is amazing, but yeah I can’t get it to wick right. I’m using a .2 ohm 3mm alien variant. I’ll try what you suggested about thinning and raising the height of the cotton.
Thanks!

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
How many cores in the alien? I keep several jk minis in daily rotation. Anything chunkier than a 3 core is hit or miss for me. For me a 2.5 mm ss tri core hits the sweet spot. Regardless of what type of wick I'm using I cut the tails so I can just see the ends under the ring. With a 2.5mm light combing works well for me, 3mm I do thin the wicks a bit. If my mix is over 80vg damming works pretty well but prefer to thin and tuck the bottom half of the wicK then just trim the top half if using 3mm. Tried a 3.5mm and flavor was noticably muted. I cut the coil legs 4.5-5mm with the coily tool. Also ordered merlin mini bubble glass to replace the authentic bubble glass the jkm is easier to fill and very seldom floods with the merlin glass.

jgarrison34

Bronze Contributor
How many cores in the alien? I keep several jk minis in daily rotation. Anything chunkier than a 3 core is hit or miss for me. For me a 2.5 mm ss tri core hits the sweet spot. Regardless of what type of wick I'm using I cut the tails so I can just see the ends under the ring. With a 2.5mm light combing works well for me, 3mm I do thin the wicks a bit. If my mix is over 80vg damming works pretty well but prefer to thin and tuck the bottom half of the wicK then just trim the top half if using 3mm. Tried a 3.5mm and flavor was noticably muted. I cut the coil legs 4.5-5mm with the coily tool. Also ordered merlin mini bubble glass to replace the authentic bubble glass the jkm is easier to fill and very seldom floods with the merlin glass.

I’m not sure to be honest. I ended up switching to a quad core Clapton 3mm. I’m about to try and wick like you said you do it. I’ll let you know

jgarrison34

Bronze Contributor

So I’ve sorta got it working. It’s wicking perfectly from one port and the other is a little slow. But it’s keeping up if I’m gentle with it.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
So I’ve sorta got it working. It’s wicking perfectly from one port and the other is a little slow. But it’s keeping up if I’m gentle with it.

I still sometimes have issues with getting one tail to not be fluffier than the other. Helps to twist/roll the entire piece of wick before installing. Honestly I just get lazy with it most of the time. Not sure if this actually works or if it's my imagination but...I clip the fluffier side a bit shorter than the first side, seems to work. Could absolutely be coincidence though.

VU Sponsors