Become a Patron!

Joy Tech E-Grip

Hello all,
I recently purchased the E-Grip and it worked flawlessly for the first two days. After that, All i got was a nasty burnt taste. Cleaned the device, changed coils and got the same. Took the device back and got a new one..... Same thing. I am not vaping it over 8 watts and even at 8 if i try to get a decent hit, It is still horrible. I saw that the aspire coils would work in the device with some minor changes. Anyone have any other recommendations or encountered this problem?
Thanks In Advance.

Mines a gurgling burping fuckin' mess like a piece of shit broken straw you'd throw out!

RBA kit worked great for a few days. About like every other fucking vape toy I've bought so I don't know why I expected this one to be any better!
Yeah, It really sucks spending money on something i had high hopes for and it being completely garbage. Did some research and saw that maybe i had the coil tightened down too much. Going to give that a try. sucks because i really like the aesthetics of this device

Hey! it's just Ray...

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Hey! it's just Ray...

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
IKR? I was looking for the same answers as you that's why I responded to hear what you find out later. I put the stock kit and throw away coil back in for now.

Heading to work with it and see how that goes.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've had three egrips for several months, and I use them all with the RBA bases. They work very well, but it's important to really tighten the base slightly beyond what you'd expect. I used the stock coils for about a day, but wasn't thrilled with them. I did try a regular Aspire bvc coil in one, and it was slightly better. But the RBA base gives amazing flavor.

I've had three egrips for several months, and I use them all with the RBA bases. They work very well, but it's important to really tighten the base slightly beyond what you'd expect. I used the stock coils for about a day, but wasn't thrilled with them. I did try a regular Aspire bvc coil in one, and it was slightly better. But the RBA base gives amazing flavor.
Amanda,
Thank you for your help. This, however is my stealth vapor for working. so the rba base in not an option to me

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lol, I work in a small place with alot of people who do not agree with vaping in the workplace

Sorry - my question was why not the RBA base but the regular coils are ok? What's the difference as far as stealth vaping goes?

You know, Thinking of it, I gave you a silly response.... I didn't think it like that. However, It would be a shame to HAVE to use one or the other for the device to work like it is supposed to work with either.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You know, Thinking of it, I gave you a silly response.... I didn't think it like that. However, It would be a shame to HAVE to use one or the other for the device to work like it is supposed to work with either.
Try the BVC aspire coils - they do work better than the stock coils!

But the reason I said the RBA base is because the flavor is 10 times better!

Mommay

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My regular base shorted out using the BVC Aspires. I only got to use them for a couple of days before it "poofed". I've sent message after message to Joyetech trying to buy a new regular base & get no response (and, I forget to call them during normal hours). However, the RBA base still fires away. I sure would like to use up those expensive coils that I bought for it when it first came out. I like the tighter draw on the regular base. Oh well, live and learn. o_O

VU Sponsors