https://in.pinterest.com/surfertgirl/cancer-treatment/
https://in.pinterest.com/tinadawson/breast-cancer-quotes/
https://in.pinterest.com/54lynxlady/breast-cancer-survivor/
https://in.pinterest.com/mary661/cancer-awareness/

https://in.pinterest.com/pin/155303887136008490/

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
In the past few years research has shown that gardening provides a list of sometimes surprising benefits, like ...

1. More energy from stronger cells and mitochondria
  2. Reduced depression and increased happiness
  3. Better sleep
  4. Reduced stress and lower cortisol levels
  5. Improved cardiovascular health
I'll explain the interesting scientific reasons gardening provides these benefits, but before I do, I want to let you know that my friend and master gardener Stacey Murphy has just released a free workshop series, the Garden Freedom Series.

Stacey trains thousands of growers around the world and knows what works and what doesn’t. And the first video in her series reveals the one secret shared by all successful vegetable gardeners.

Check out her new video: Your first, simple step to a vegetable garden that GROWS.

How vegetables make your cells stronger and more energetic
Most people think the reason that vegetables make us healthier is that they contain vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, fiber, etc ... and that's certainly part of the picture.

But a less obvious reason that vegetables are healthy to eat is that nutrients generally called "phytonutrients" are actually mild stressors that induce an adaptive response in our bodes that makes us stronger in various ways.

It's kind of like biochemical exercise for our cells, and this process of beneficial adaptation to a stressor is called "hormesis".

Many phytonutrients promote increased production of our body's own antioxidants like gluathione via the NRF2 (nuclear factor erythroid-2-related factor 2) pathway.

The net result is that your cells and their mitochondria get bigger, stronger, more numerous, more resistant to stress, and capable of producing more energy ... and you feel more energetic.

But vegetables purchased in the store have usually lost many of the nutrients they had before they were harvested.

And with so many toxins in our food supply, and organic vegetables sometimes being difficult or expensive to access, more and more people are growing their own food.

But if you don’t know what you’re doing, you can waste precious time and even squander your efforts. Don’t let that happen to you.

Check out Stacey’s brand new video here

How gardening reduces depression and increases happiness

People that garden are just happier, and this may be due to a specific soil-based microorganism called Mycobacterium vaccae.

A research team at the University of Colorado at Boulder found that injecting Mycobacterium vaccae into mice reduced their stress and inflammatory response when the mice were exposed to stressful conditions after the injections.

Subsequently, scientists also found that this bacterium can also:

• Improve immune response to various infectious agents, including HIV
  • Suppress allergic Th-2 responses involved in allergies and autoimmune processes
  • Improve vitality, cognitive function, and measures of happiness in cancer patients
  • Boost serotonin levels as much as anti-depressant medications
With all of these amazing benefits just from one soil-based organism, perhaps being exposed to soil through gardening could be the single best reason to improve your gardening skills by signing up for the Garden Freedom Series

How gardening can improve your sleep

Research at the University of Pennsylvania suggests that the light activity associated with gardening can help you sleep better at night.

Also, the ease with which you fall asleep and the depth of your sleep has much to do with how well your circadian rhythm is entrained to the daily natural cycle of light and dark.

Most people are "blunting" their circadian rhythm and living in a sort of circadian "fog" because they aren't getting enough full strength daylight during the daytime and are getting too much light at night (specifically in the blue and green part of the spectrum).

Gardening gets you out in the sunlight during the day, thereby improving the daylight signaling that is essential for proper circadian signaling and entrainment.

Reduced stress and cortisol levels
A Dutch study asked two groups of people to complete a stressful task and concluded that gardening for 30 minutes after the stressful task resulted in lower cortisol levels.

Improved cardiovascular health
Activities such as gardening may be as good as formal exercise when it comes to reducing the risk for heart attack and stroke in older adults, according to researchers at the Swedish School of Sport and Health Sciences and the Karolinska Institute in Stockholm

For people 60 and older, just keeping busy with daily activities can reduce the risk of cardiovascular problems by nearly 30 percent and even prolong life.

Is it time to start or uplevel your gardening adventure?

Live fully alive,

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
“Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.”

~Buddha

Have you ever noticed,
...that when someone has an impassioned belief in something, but then they change their stance, they’re often extremely vocal about renouncing the old point of view?

I was reminded of this in a conversation recently with my friend Mary, whose mother left the church. It seems Mom is hell-bent on telling anyone within earshot all the things wrong with her former faith. And that makes it hard on Mary, who, as a still-active believer, is left feeling judged by someone she loves.

I struggled with what to say to Mary. So, as I often do, I tried to help her at least understand her mother’s perspective, even if she doesn’t agree with it. I reminded Mary that someone who has transformed from one camp to another is familiar with the pros and cons of each. In this sense, Mom views herself as an "unbiased expert" on the subject, and from her point of view she feels justified in saying that she knows which is the correct path.

Another point I made to Mary is that when we experience inconsistent thoughts, beliefs, or attitudes what often results is cognitive dissonance. To resolve this inner conflict, we rationalize that the decision we made was “righter” and “better” and more correct and wiser...and we need to ensure that those around us know we’ve seen the light.

In the end it may simply come down to boundaries for Mary and her Mom: a sort of “agree to disagree” approach. I’m not going to pretend it’s an easy balance, especially around emotionally-charged topics like religion or politics. Heck, it’s hard enough to simply eat a meal together when one family member suddenly decides to go vegan, or kosher or tries intermittent fasting. But when we make a genuine effort to understand why a person feels as they do, there is a better chance of preserving the relationship, even when our viewpoints don’t align precisely.

So let me turn the question over to you: do you have experience with this sort of a balancing act?

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

The GreenMedInfo Newsletter

February 5, 2020

We hope you enjoy the products and events we carefully review and share with you. Some organizations may choose to support our mission by providing a portion of sales to GreenMedInfo. We thank them for their support and thank you for yours too!

Dear Jim,

Modern medicine is the #1 cause of death worldwide. Included in the long list of reasons why are medical errors, side effects to unnecessary surgeries and (you guessed it) adverse drug reactions.

In fact, adverse drug reactions kill more than 125,000 people in the hospital alone. And those are just the reported numbers!

The Journal of Law, Medicine and Ethics calls this a “hidden epidemic of side effects” from drugs that have few offsetting benefits.

So, what’s the solution to the #1 cause of death?

To stay away from unnecessary prescription and over-the-counter drugs and use plant-based medicine!

Millions of people are becoming aware of this hidden epidemic, and are frantically searching for natural options to the harmful medicine that they are taking for their health problems.

One natural solution that keeps coming up is essential oils.

If used properly, essential oils are one of the safest, most powerful natural remedies and we have a long history of use to guide us on our journey.

Dr. Z and Mama Z have put together a 10-part video masterclass that will teach you all you need to know to use essential oils safely & effectively.

And... they are giving you a special access pass to their program during a Global Screening they are hosting this month!

Distilling down what takes aromatherapists months and even years to learn, the Essential Oils for Abundant Living Masterclass delivers an easy-to-follow roadmap so you can start to use essential oils in your home with confidence.

Discover how to give your medicine cabinet a makeover and start to use essential oils for abundant living today!

To Better Health,

The GreenMedInfo Team

P.S. - The Global Screening starts TODAY, so be sure to register before it’s too late!

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
mail

Escapism is Ancient: How to Manage your Screen Addiction

The first caveman who daydreamed about the fields beyond his own exercised the same basic instinct we do when we scroll our social media mindlessly: escapism.

Every form of media that humanity has developed and consumed is driven by the desire to escape our realities and experience another one, and we’ll never be rid of it.

Folklore. Religion. Mythology. Books. Music. Painting. Sculpting. Museums. Newspapers. Radio. Television. Cinema. Social media.

Humans can squabble about the merits of various facets of escapism — music is sophisticated, but reality TV is trash. Museums are a bottomless well of cultural significance, but social media is mindless. Classic cinema is artistic and tasteful, but stoner Seth Rogen movies are irredeemable.

But in 2020, the common conversation is less about debating whether or not you should “waste time” (not contribute to the forward-moving machine of capitalism), but whether or not you should waste time on screens.

In 2019, the top 20% of smartphone users spent more than 4.5 hours on their phones every day. And on average, those people are checking their phones 58 separate times during the day.

Not only is context switching (the concept that most workers don’t go more than six minutes without checking email or social media) poison for our productivity…

There’s also plenty of evidence that blue light is terrible for our vision and our circadian rhythms.

Beyond productivity and health, plenty of people feel that although smartphones and the constancy of internet communication bring answers and connection to us instantly, they prevent us from experiencing true presence — with ourselves, our families, our natural surroundings.

Now, we know that we can’t eliminate escapism (nor should we — daydreaming is good for you.)

But the time we spend staring at screens has been proven to damage our retinas, negatively affect our ability to focus, and distract us from the world that’s unfolding around our physical bodies all of the time.

And let’s face it — most of us don’t feel more fulfilled by the temporary serotonin boost we get from a Facebook like.

Since we can’t escape the urge to escape…

We can certainly find methods with more permanent and positive results.

Let’s explore some of those alternatives today.

Option 1: Literally Turn It Off

If you’re really committed to experiencing yourself and your world without the use of screens, create dedicated times and spaces where your phone is not welcome.

For example, if you’ve decided to prioritize consciously enjoying your meal times and employing them as deliberately allocated social connections, turn your phone off.

For the whole meal.

If you’ve decided to prioritize reading, or learning a new instrument, or spending time walking in the woods (arguably man’s oldest escapist past time), turn your phone off. For the beginning of that time until the end of it.

Option 2: Remove TV as a Reward

Many of us mitigate the irritation of small tasks by offering them to ourselves as a treat accompanied with TV.

Folding laundry isn’t so annoying if you can binge your favorite show.

We don’t have to connect with our partners after a long and irritating day as long as we’re both catching up on a mutual favorite.

31% of American households have 4 television sets — one for every bedroom and living room. Which means we’re even less engaged in our home activities than ever before.

There’s nothing wrong with watching television. But with more and more streaming services and subscription platforms covering just about everything ever filmed…

It’s easy to lose your life to television.

Set a TV limit. An amount of time, a number of episodes, a film cap. And don’t cheat!

Option 3: Change your Phone Settings

Part of the anxiety that comes with checking your phone is that many of us can’t stand to see unopened notifications, the little blue light when you nudge your phone and it awakens, or to hear their phone ring and not answer it.

Some things to consider:

1. Forget technicolor — return to grayscale. Change the display accomodations in your phone (settings, accessibility, display accommodations, and turn color filters to ON) to grayscale. Makes the world on your phone less attractive than the world around you.

1. Disable your phone’s light activation. Go to display & brightness in your settings, and turn off raise to wake.

1. Turn off all of your notifications. Don’t turn them to vibrate — turn them to silent.

Option 4: Go Analog, Baby

Anything you can do without your phone, do.

Reading a book on your phone?

Buy the paperback.

Scrolling through a digital art exhibit?

Catch a local museum’s exhibit.

Watching yoga videos?

Go to an in-person class.

You don’t have to replace everything — but try replacing as much as you can. Think about every app you’re opening as you’re opening it and think about its real-world equivalent — is it accessible to you?

Escaping your reality will never lose its appeal.

But if you’re concerned about your field of vision narrowing to the approximate size of your smartphone, laptop, tablet, or TV…

Take a break from that escape and try your hand at building your own world.

For a list of references, click here

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Did you know that 70% of adults in the US take at least one supplement each day? That’s a lot of pills! Get the facts about supplementing in this 9-part docuseries, Supplements Revealed. Click here to watch the trailer.

Do you need the supplements you are taking?
When should you stop taking it?
And is that supplement giving you the desired results that you are taking it for?

With more than 80,000 products on the market right now that are targeted towards helping these and many other ailments that many of us suffer from, how do you know if what you are taking is the best choice for you?

Get the facts in the world premier of this 9-part docuseries, Supplements Revealed.

The curtain goes up February 18th, so save your seat.

No one is born with knowledge about supplements, and a lot of marketing is designed to trick and sell whether or not something is in your best interest. But when you are dealing with serious medical concerns, your good intentions can lead to detrimental health complications if not done correctly.

Supplementation can and is a wonderful tool when needed and used appropriately. Unfortunately, so many people just don’t have the facts they need to choose and use supplements.

It shouldn’t be a struggle. Tune in February 18th to begin your free online education in the world of supplementation. This is information you can use for life.

Get the tools,
Dr. Tom O’Bryan

PS: Each episode will remain online for 24 hours to allow you to watch it daily at your own convenience. Click here to gain access to this potentially life-saving documentary, Supplements Revealed.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
DuckDuckGo

Google is censoring information that YOU need to get. Their new algorithms have affected major websites like Dr. Axe, Dr. Mercola, Breast Cancer Conqueror and many others. They are preventing YOU from reading important life-saving information about evidence-based natural medicine.

DuckDuckGo is a great alternative.

They don't track your information.

They don't censor information.

It's time to take back your privacy.

Try it - - I have and I really like it.

https://duckduckgo.com/

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Do you know of a good organic tea, Jimi. I’ve tried the Pique crystals and I liked them, but I had to use three of them in one mug of tea. It was too expensive that way! But it’s good tea! :cry:
I have always been a fan of Yogi organic but there's a lot of good ones. Trying to remember the name of a site that has boo koo organic teas I just can't think of it:rolleyes:.j

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I have always been a fan of Yogi organic but there's a lot of good ones. Trying to remember the name of a site that has boo koo organic teas I just can't think of it:rolleyes:.j

I have some Yogi green tea that I like. I think even Twinings has a bunch of organic ones, since I got a box of organic Chai Masala by them on eBay. (I don’t use Amazon really!)

VU Sponsors