I've been harassed...

Citizen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
....by the smoke alarm! Just got home from work at 3 am. Waited all day to test a couple of batches of juice I made and take some notes. About fifteen minutes in and "BEEP BEEP BEEP" . Woke the whole house up. It's going to be a long winter...

robot zombie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've had that happen a handful of times. Where I sit and vape in my room, I'm maybe 10 feet away from the smoke detector. I've learned to blow in the opposite direction when prepping fresh wicks. It doesn't flip out as long as I don't blow vapor directly at it. I can fog out any room with one in it with no problems, but the minute I blow a cloud at it, it thinks my house is on fire. I know the code to disable it by heart at this point. I also know when I'm about to set it off... ...I take it as a compliment, really. I will gladly deactivate it with a shit-eating grin.

Maybe it's just me, but I appreciate its responsiveness. If vapor sets it off, then I think it'll do just fine if there's actually a fire. It's not doing its job right if I toss a little baby cloud at it and it doesn't go off.

Citizen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have to say, our smoke detector must be pretty good. I was in the kitchen and the unit is all the way across the living room. Good call Zombie, I can sleep in confidence.

VU Sponsors