Become a Patron!

I've been had at my own game

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Last night, I played at a local pool tournament. I entered the tourney, lost at the 1/4 final - I wasn't trying too hard, the first prize was a crappy flat panel tv and I don't watch tv - and then I moved on to the side tables, where the real money is.

At some point, I played a guy that was getting hard to keep up with. So - shame on me - I cranked up the power on my mod and started blowing clouds whenever he'd take the table, to keep him out of pace. Dirty trick I know, but when there's 100 euros riding on the match, I don't really give a turkey. And at least, with vaping, you don't have to stand in front of him and risk getting your teeth knocked in for disturbing the play. My clouds didn't seem to affect his speed much though.

Then at the last game, he fished a mod out of his backback (didn't even know he vaped!) and started turning the room into a friggin' fogged up dance floor. Now *I* had a hard time concentrating. I lost the game and paid up. Then the guy came up to me, grinning from ear to ear, and told me "If you wanna do that friend, at least get yourself the right tool for the job." Then he left without another word.

Uh oh...

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
LoL, priceless. I stopped playing for money a long time ago, was known to shark a few tables in my time, until a Cartel took over the pool halls, you cant beet them without paying taxes anyways lol.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
LoL, priceless. I stopped playing for money a long time ago, was known to shark a few tables in my time, until a Cartel took over the pool halls, you cant beet them without paying taxes anyways lol.
you talking about the asian or mexican cartels that took over the pool halls here? Thats when I stopped playing.

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No cartels here. Belgium is a placid, sleepy little country, and playing for money is not legal here. So there isn't much action in these parts, and not much money to be made when there is. As a result, most locals who try their luck are way too easy to play, and you can read their game like an open book. Unfortunately, it also means you becomes lazy and complacent, and when a real shark happens by, you don't realize nothing until it's too late :)

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Whats going on btw mr. Giraut, you get your health potion juice yet?

VU Sponsors