Become a Patron!

It's time for a new phone, and I'd like to hear your opinions.

Which one do I choose?

• Samsung galaxy S5

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • LG G3

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Other

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Get over it and flip a coin.

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cavediver

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My wife and I are with Verizon and plan on staying with them. My phone, and old Motorola Droid 2 Global, has some serious battery issues. I've replaced it, but the after-market battery sucks; I've had it less than six months and it's already running out of juice after one day of very limited use. It's time for this phone to go...

I've been looking at several models, and I think I've got it narrowed down to what seem to be the two most popular choices in their line: the Samsung Galaxy S5 and the LG G3. Unfortunately, I've got analysis paralysis and cannot seem to make a choice.

Both phones are big. I think I can live with that as I use my phone as a texting, navigation, and internet access device way more than I use it as a phone. In any case, I'll probably pick up another Bluetooth earpiece so I don't have to hold this brick up next to my head... I'm also planning on buying an Otterbox Defender case, regardless of the final phone choice.

I like the dust and water resistance offered by the Samsung phone. I also like the (apparent) quality of the pictures it'll take during daylight hours, and the brightness level of the screen. I don't like the amount of so-called "Bloatware" that arrives with the phone. I'm also less than impressed by the sound quality of a speakerphone conversation.

The LG's got a larger screen, though it's not quite as bright and can appear to be a bit washed-out. The camera has better low-light functionality. The battery life is slightly less than the Samsung, though either will represent a 200% improvement over my existing phone :D Given the limited interaction I've had with the two phones, I think I like the UI of the LG a bit better.

Like I said: I'm deadlocked. IMO, neither one has strong enough points to set itself above the other. They both have week points or things I don't think I like.

Help!

Juice_Spiller

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have been using iPhones since 2007. On a whim not to long ago, I decided to change it up for a year. I looked at both phones that you are choosing between, and I decided with the Samsung Galaxy S5. After using it for the past few weeks, I enjoy it a lot. But, I rather have waited an extra month and gotten the iPhone 6. I do not know if the I-phone is something you would consider getting, but if it is, I would go with the iPhone over either phones you are looking for.

But with that being said, I am liking my Galaxy S 5. My company works off a google platform and we utilize google analytics so the Samsung is perfect for my job. Also, with the larger screen and fantastic display resolution, it is very impressive.

It has a fast chip inside the phone so there is not too much lag, and the camera on the back is 16mp. I do , however, find that the camera speed is a little slow.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Me, I have an older LG dumbass phone. It has a Mil Spec case and it have survived a lot in the 5 years that I have had it.

I use it to make and receive calls. It has voice mail. It will text and email and take pictures. I do none of those things.

And I will keep it until it dies!

Or until I do.

My bet is on the phone.

glassgrl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I vote Galaxy S5 because that's what I have, and I'm cool as fuck.
That's the one I got today. It didn't make me cool as anything. Damn it. The HTC One has some nice-ass speakers, and an all metal case. I'm used to the Galaxy, that's what the old one is, the transition is brainless. They're very much alike.

Last edited:

m3rma1d

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That's the one I got today. It didn't make me cool as anything. Damn it. The HTC One has some nice-ass speakers, and an all metal case. I'm use to the Galaxy, that's what the old one is, the transition is brainless. They're very much alike.

You liar, you were already cool as fuck. <3 <3 <3

Vapeladies

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I just got the iPhone 6 plus and wow what a phone. I literally feel like I'm holding an iPad to my head. Lol. Def gonna have to get a Bluetooth headset now. Games are awesome on it and the camera is amazing. Love it so far!

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I vote Galaxy S5 because that's what I have, and I'm cool as fuck.

i am uncool as fuck, but i still have the galaxy and i love it. :)

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Gorgeous metal body, great sound, and Ultrapixel camera (bigger pixels for the best low-light no-flash pics). Soooo happy I picked this one over the Samsung. :D

htc-one-m8.jpg

HTC One M8

Last edited:

VapingJunkie

Down with the Clown
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My wife and I are with Verizon and plan on staying with them. My phone, and old Motorola Droid 2 Global, has some serious battery issues. I've replaced it, but the after-market battery sucks; I've had it less than six months and it's already running out of juice after one day of very limited use. It's time for this phone to go...

I've been looking at several models, and I think I've got it narrowed down to what seem to be the two most popular choices in their line: the Samsung Galaxy S5 and the LG G3. Unfortunately, I've got analysis paralysis and cannot seem to make a choice.

Both phones are big. I think I can live with that as I use my phone as a texting, navigation, and internet access device way more than I use it as a phone. In any case, I'll probably pick up another Bluetooth earpiece so I don't have to hold this brick up next to my head... I'm also planning on buying an Otterbox Defender case, regardless of the final phone choice.

I like the dust and water resistance offered by the Samsung phone. I also like the (apparent) quality of the pictures it'll take during daylight hours, and the brightness level of the screen. I don't like the amount of so-called "Bloatware" that arrives with the phone. I'm also less than impressed by the sound quality of a speakerphone conversation.

The LG's got a larger screen, though it's not quite as bright and can appear to be a bit washed-out. The camera has better low-light functionality. The battery life is slightly less than the Samsung, though either will represent a 200% improvement over my existing phone :D Given the limited interaction I've had with the two phones, I think I like the UI of the LG a bit better.

Like I said: I'm deadlocked. IMO, neither one has strong enough points to set itself above the other. They both have week points or things I don't think I like.

Help!
I have an S4, and I also have played with some of my friends' S5. I have to say, other than the slightly bigger screen, I think they did worse than the S4. Plus, you should be able to get a crazy good deal now that the S5 is out.

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
S4. We have two and an in phone 5. They like their s4's and I prefer my iPhone 5. No help here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've got a G3 I upgraded to a few weeks ago. Fast, big screen, great resolution and graphics, and quite good on the battery once you remove a lot of the bloatware from the carrier.

Mommay

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I want the biggest dang phone I can get. I'm tired of squinting for numbers (yes, I have the font somewhat enlarged). And I want my fingers to be able to touch a single letter/number, instead of 2 or 3, to sent a message. It needs to be a "dumb, dang" phone, so that I am smarter than the phone.

VapingJunkie

Down with the Clown
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If you want a dumb phone, get an iPhone. :)

Sent from the Otter Box around my Galaxy S4.

Mommay

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
LOL. That's what I have now. 4s, My son has me on his business account & I get his hand-me-downs.

VU Sponsors