Become a Patron!

It's my 3 year vapeversary!

MD_Boater

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
:bingo::bliss::vino::stars2:

Yippee!

3 freaking years! I smoked for slightly under 30 years and never once tried to quit. 3 years ago, my (soon to be ex) wife asked me to quit smoking with her. She picked our quit date of Nov 1st, 2013. I bought my first vape on Halloween night 2013 just to give her the impression that I was actually trying to quit. I had no idea that I was about to do it for real.

People try to "congratulate" me for quitting smoking, but I don't take it. I didn't quit smoking, I just stopped doing it. On November 6th of 2013, I lit a cigarette as I walked out to the street to pick up the empty trash cans before leaving for work. As I got to the street, I took a puff. I hated it. I took another drag, and I hated that one too. I remember taking it out of my mouth, holding it up and looking at it, and then thinking to myself, "This tastes like ass. I like vaping better.". I knocked the fire off of it, and tossed it in the trash can. That was the last cigarette I ever had. I've been around lots of smokers. My wife still smokes (hehe). I have not had a craving, withdrawals, or anything.

I started with 18mg nic juice in a Kanger Mini Protank 2 on a Kanger EVOD twist battery. Now, I'm vaping 1.5mg (DIY) juice in an iTaste Subtank-G on an MVP 3.0 Pro.

I can't even begin to guess as to how much money I've saved, but I've been DIYing my juice since December of 2013. I was a 1.5-2 pack a day smoker, so it would have to be several thousand dollars by now.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WOOT!!!!!!
00002582_zps65acf05d.gif

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hate to hear that neither the marriage nor your wife's commitment to quitting lasted -- I gather she didn't try vaping? :giggle: It never fails to completely amaze me that people will try to simply quit, knowing the odds against it, rather than switching to vaping. It's like, deciding that a horse and unsprung wagon is a better way to travel than a car. :facepalm: It's like deciding to walk over hot coals, without fireproof boots. Vaping gave me those fireproof boots. :)

Gratz on the 3 yrs! :)

Andria

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
CONGRAT'S and WELL DONE:cheers: